• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Vittorino Casiraghi

Howard to start tonight + projected line up

Rate this topic

Man, I thought the same thing when I saw the 2nd line. I don't think I can call a line with Dats on it garbage, but he certainly needs something more to work with.

If Pavel plays like he did last game he'll produce something but he deserves better line mates. Maybe Babcock is testing to see if this pushes Pavel to the next level. He might be 34 but I can't remember the last time I saw him play like THAT. It was electrifying, like watching prime Bure or 91. Something tells me Babs is just being stubborn though and sticking with his guys (Cleary, Abs).

Edited by Number19

If Pavel plays like he did last game he'll produce something but he deserves better line mates. Maybe Babcock is testing to see if this pushes Pavel to the next level. He's 34 but I've can't remember the last time I saw him play like THAT. It was electrifying, like watching prime Bure or 91. Something tells me Babs is just being stubborn though and sticking with his guys (Cleary, Abs).

Ya the only problem with "forcing" him to play like that, is that you are also forcing an injury. The last few years Pasha has become more injury prone, and forcing him to work much harder is fun to watch, but not if it will knock him out for 15 games.

Ya the only problem with "forcing" him to play like that, is that you are also forcing an injury. The last few years Pasha has become more injury prone, and forcing him to work much harder is fun to watch, but not if it will knock him out for 15 games.

Good point I was going to add that but forgot to mention it.

The Bottom 9 is groan-inducing. I've not paid tons of attention to the games or individual performances so far, but that second line is - as everyone has already said - a waste. Obviously, it's also a product of a lack of healthy bodies, but I'm not fond of any line outside of the the number 1. At least the defense is as "good" (relative term here) as it can be until Smith comes back.

as much as i would love for pav to get more help than, well.. none, he does seem to perform better when he's the sole talent on his line. i'm hoping babs just sees how that second line performs in the first and if they do poorly, i bet he switches it up.

All i want is consistency, energy and a fire to compete out of each player each shift...do the job and fill the role you are being paid to do. This injury stuff has led to a clusterf*** of a roster and season thus far.

Someone already mentioned this but if BAbs gets this team to the playoffs, he should be coach of the yeAr.

Need Helm back so badly. Even moreso than Bert IMO, because he ties the bottom six together, thus keeping the talent in the top two lines. Ehh. Better win tonight boys. LGW!

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

im not sure aboot that 2nd line. so because cleary and dats scored last game means they be on the same line? hmm..
seems like babcock was doing "lines" when he came up with this lineup :nhl_crach::pokey:

sidenote: is this the GDT for tonight?
usually its up by now on a day the wings play..

if so. im gonna say 4-2 redwings'

tatar

I think the reason babs is putting cleary and abby with dats is because he knows dats can make plays happen by himself. He can beat defenders one on one (or one on four occasionally), and doesn't need to rely on his linemates as much.

With datsyuk holding down the second line with two offensive plugs, the other lines are comprised of not cleary and not Abby and are therefore better. Besides, datsyuk is probably the only player who can actually make dan cleary score right now. Zetterberg would not have been able to set up cleary the way datsyuk did on Tuesday. This is my take-it-with-salt analysis to justify that horrid second line.

I guess Babcock thinks that line worked because Pav had one of the most impressive games of his career. I'm not usually in favor of Z and Pavel together, but they might as well be if Abdelkader and Cleary are going to be with Datsyuk instead.

Get Tatar in the top-six or call up Nyquist. Injuries have really hurt the depth, but there's no reason for Cleary and Abdelkader to play in that role.

Huskins is in for Kindl at least. Really need to end this losing streak tonight.