9 replies to this topic

#1 Jedi

Jedi

In this town of Halloween...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,817 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:38 PM

http://ducks.nhl.com...s.htm?id=656738

The Ducks have named Brian Burke to a part-time professional scouting position within the organization.

“We are happy to welcome Brian back to the organization,” said Ducks Executive Vice President/General Manager Bob Murray. “Anytime you can add a person of his quality to your staff, it makes your organization better. We’ve had success working together before and look forward to doing it again.”

Burke returns to the Ducks after originally serving as Executive Vice President/General Manager from 2005-08. Over his three-plus seasons with the organization, the Ducks captured their first Stanley Cup (2007), first Pacific Division title (2007) and first two 100+ point seasons (2006-07 & 2007-08). The Ducks also qualified for the postseason in all three seasons, winning six of eight playoff series over that span.

y4m8.png
"Come with us and you will see, this our town of Halloween..."

#2 Number19

Number19

I like our team

• PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:40 PM

I'm sure he'll get a job in the next round of GM firings.

#3 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:48 PM

I'm sure he'll get a job in the next round of GM firings.

Watch him wind up in Buffalo when Regier gets fired at the end of the season.

#4 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:43 PM

Really ??  Why would you want to be in scouting when you can be the consultant to the Board of the Maple Leafs?

#5 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:48 PM

Really ??  Why would you want to be in scouting when you can be the consultant to the Board of the Maple Leafs?

I'd say its positioning for something else. This keeps him officially in the loop, which is probably all he wants. 

#6 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

Burke is bandwagonner ... Anaheim doing well so he heads over there.  

If I was him, I'd stick around the Leafs organization, even if it is getting coffee and water for the Maple Leafs Board member, just to see how good this Leafs team really is down the stretch.  

#7 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

Strange appointment.  I doubt his stock has fallen quite so low as to take a job as a scout.  And I seriously doubt he needs the money.  Like others have said, some fool of an owner will throw a pile of cash his way soon enough.

Edited by Nev, 21 February 2013 - 04:46 PM.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#8 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:14 PM

Burke is bandwagonner ... Anaheim doing well so he heads over there.  

If I was him, I'd stick around the Leafs organization, even if it is getting coffee and water for the Maple Leafs Board member, just to see how good this Leafs team really is down the stretch.  

A bandwagoner? Clearly he must be because he took that Toronto job in the first place because of all of their recent success in the playoffs right? This is all about Burke wanting to stay in an active role in hockey & help out an organization that he's more than familiar with. If he were a bandwagoner the annoucement would have been about him scouting for the Blackhawks.

#9 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,094 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:07 PM

BURKE: I MADE YOU, TEEMU! AND I CAN UN-MAKE YOU!!!!!

[SELANNE roundhouse kicks BURKE in the face and through a window]

BURKE [as he falls to his seemingly inevitable death]: NOOOOOO!!!!!!!

[BURKE lands on KARIYA. KARIYA breaks BURKE's fall, unintentionally saves his life - at the cost of his own.]

SELANNE: NOOOOOO!!!!!!!

BURKE: HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Don't Toews me, bro!

#10 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:58 PM

kesselreaction.jpeg

Perhaps? 

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".