• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jedi

Brian Burke joins Ducks as part time pro scout

Rate this topic

http://ducks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=656738

The Ducks have named Brian Burke to a part-time professional scouting position within the organization.
“We are happy to welcome Brian back to the organization,” said Ducks Executive Vice President/General Manager Bob Murray. “Anytime you can add a person of his quality to your staff, it makes your organization better. We’ve had success working together before and look forward to doing it again.”
Burke returns to the Ducks after originally serving as Executive Vice President/General Manager from 2005-08. Over his three-plus seasons with the organization, the Ducks captured their first Stanley Cup (2007), first Pacific Division title (2007) and first two 100+ point seasons (2006-07 & 2007-08). The Ducks also qualified for the postseason in all three seasons, winning six of eight playoff series over that span.

Really ?? Why would you want to be in scouting when you can be the consultant to the Board of the Maple Leafs?

I'd say its positioning for something else. This keeps him officially in the loop, which is probably all he wants.

Burke is bandwagonner ... Anaheim doing well so he heads over there.

If I was him, I'd stick around the Leafs organization, even if it is getting coffee and water for the Maple Leafs Board member, just to see how good this Leafs team really is down the stretch.

Strange appointment. I doubt his stock has fallen quite so low as to take a job as a scout. And I seriously doubt he needs the money. Like others have said, some fool of an owner will throw a pile of cash his way soon enough.

Edited by Nev

Burke is bandwagonner ... Anaheim doing well so he heads over there.

If I was him, I'd stick around the Leafs organization, even if it is getting coffee and water for the Maple Leafs Board member, just to see how good this Leafs team really is down the stretch.

A bandwagoner? Clearly he must be because he took that Toronto job in the first place because of all of their recent success in the playoffs right? This is all about Burke wanting to stay in an active role in hockey & help out an organization that he's more than familiar with. If he were a bandwagoner the annoucement would have been about him scouting for the Blackhawks.

BURKE: I MADE YOU, TEEMU! AND I CAN UN-MAKE YOU!!!!!

[sELANNE roundhouse kicks BURKE in the face and through a window]

BURKE [as he falls to his seemingly inevitable death]: NOOOOOO!!!!!!!

[bURKE lands on KARIYA. KARIYA breaks BURKE's fall, unintentionally saves his life - at the cost of his own.]

SELANNE: NOOOOOO!!!!!!!

BURKE: HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!