• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FlashyG

2/21 GDT Columbus 3 @ Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

There have only been 3 games this year that I really felt we played poorly enough and deserved the loss. Thats whats so irritating, a couple dumbass turnovers again and we lose. Open nets missed, plenty of scoring chances and we still take the L.

They put the puck in the net bud. Nobody else did. You sir are an idiot.

Then promptly gave both up, including the game winner, and were invisible for 55 minutes. Whoop

Edited by haroldsnepsts
to remove personal attack that was quoted.

Hank had a horrible game tonight. He was downright awful... he just did not have the energy he needs to have as the captain. IN fact that entire line lacked energy all game long after their first 2 minutes. Kronwall was again disappointing. And Howard looked below average again. Quite frankly I felt that Monster should have gotten the start tonight instead of Howard. Monster better start Saturday because the WIngs need something fresh and Howard's head doesn't seem to be into the game fully.

Pavel was once again by far our best player... he was outstanding out there and even made Cleary and Abdelkator look good out there! All 3 of them dominated shifts out there and were by far our best line.

Simply put, this is 4 times in a row the Wings have had a 2 goal lead and lost it. That is unacceptable. You can blame injuries, but it is also the fault of players and coaching. Mike Babcock has to be held accountable for this and if changes do not take place soon, Mr. Renney needs to be considered for the head job because this is simply sickening to watch.

Wings nation is now in panic mode. I really am glad that the GM and ownership aren't as reactionary as the LGW Forum members.

We all knew that the Wings weren't going to be a perennial power in the league this year. Realistically, the Wings were going to be a 5th or 6th place team in the Western Conference. With all the injuries, the Wings are going to be lucky to make the playoffs. Then you factor in there the Wings sloppy turnovers and sloppy play, and its a self fulfilling prophecy.

Holland has to fire Babcock this year or this team is going to be the Calgary flames. For f*** sakes holland make any sort of move in the right direction

Holland would be an ******* to fire Babcock, crappy line combos and all.

If either of those two goes, it should be Holland, who's allowed this team to deteriorate over the years, while signing guys like Samuelsson and Colaicovo.

If only that Yzerman guy was still here in the front office.

Defense was bad, forwards were poor, Howard was bad. Special teams are dirt, and way too many injuries. Datsyuk has two anchors on his legs, Tootoo gets the leash put on him by Babs whenever the fun stuffs about to happen, just not many things to be happy or excited about so far this season.

It's never just one person's fault. Brunner turned it over and he's to blame.

But a goalie's job is to stop shots, not just to stop easy shots. That was a good chance for Columbus, and Howard looked totally lost on that play. He should also be blamed.

I disagree, but coming from someone who has never played goalie, I understand your stance.

Wings nation is now in panic mode. I really am glad that the GM and ownership aren't as reactionary as the LGW Forum members.

We all knew that the Wings weren't going to be a perennial power in the league this year. Realistically, the Wings were going to be a 5th or 6th place team in the Western Conference. With all the injuries, the Wings are going to be lucky to make the playoffs. Then you factor in there the Wings sloppy turnovers and sloppy play, and its a self fulfilling prophecy.

It's hard to blame injuries when you lose at home to a s***ty team like Columbus. They don't have a Datsyuk or Zetterberg on their team.

Wings should have won this game handily.

You really want to trade Kronwall and let players like Lashoff play everyday? Do us all a favor and go have a beer and calm down or something.

I'm glad no one on this board actually has any influence on the Wings.

Kronwall can't play hockey he needs to leave. I want a rebuild

Is every team doing the same thing against the wings PP. It really looks like it and the coaches are not making adjustments. Back to Back power plays in the 3rd and nothing. Also if the wings are up 2-0 in the next game the second it becomes 2-1 babcock needs to call a timeout.

I'm just afraid Datsyuk is going to see this team going to s*** and pack it up and head home one of these years. Not really related to this game but they did mention it during the broadcast and sometimes it looks like Pavel isn't the only one on the ice with his head up his ass.

I blame Howard for this loss, I say just play the monster both games this weekend and just see what happens. Yeah yeah I know, it doesn't matter who plays behind this Defense. I'd still rather see what that monster can do instead of Howard hes lost his position in my opinion. Hes just not good enough.

I blame Howard for this loss, I say just play the monster both games this weekend and just see what happens. Yeah yeah I know, it doesn't matter who plays behind this Defense. I'd still rather see what that monster can do instead of Howard hes lost his position in my opinion. Hes just not good enough.

I don't think he'd be much better.

Is babcock a good coach or was he just blessed to have nick all those years?

He's a good coach, just stubborn. Plus, he hasn't exactly been handed the best pieces this season.. not to mention half the pieces are broken.

It's hard to blame injuries when you lose at home to a s***ty team like Columbus. They don't have a Datsyuk or Zetterberg on their team.

Wings should have won this game handily.

I disagree. Columbus isn't some rec league team. Just because we have two players who are good doesn't mean that we are automatic favorites to win every game.

Also, I realize people love to defend the goalie, but bottom line is Howard has been dreadful other then the Kings

GP15 W6 L6 OTL2 GA43 SA412 SV369 SV%.896 GA3.08 SO0 MINS838

Not good enough, especially considering it's a contract year.

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan