• Please log in to reply
462 replies to this topic

#341 metalkorn

metalkorn

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:16 PM

Into the second third of this season and on a four game losing streak. If something doesn't break in the nex three to five games it's going to be a long (and early) off season.

I'm pretty sure that was our 5th straight loss.

#342 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Quincey a +2 in 6 minutes tonight.  Team goes downhill after he leaves.  Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Howard a .875 save percentage tonight.  Another loss that could have easily been a win with a few CLUTCH saves.  Hmmmmmmmmmm

Huskins a -1 and White a -2.  Hmmmmmmmm

Brunner another cough up trying to do too much.  Not so much hmmmmmmmm.  I can live with a guy who is at least trying to score all the time.  He screws up a lot, but at least he's got his eye on the prize.  

#343 PumpIron

PumpIron

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 90 posts

Kronwall is good for kronwalling people, nothing more nothing less. What type of D-man is he considered cause he seems strong in zero points of his game.

Edited by PumpIron, 21 February 2013 - 10:16 PM.

#344 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,443 posts

It's never just one person's fault.  Brunner turned it over and he's to blame.   

But a goalie's job is to stop shots, not just to stop easy shots.  That was a good chance for Columbus, and Howard looked totally lost on that play.  He should also be blamed.  

Brunner turned it over, hustled back and took the right guy. Lashoff made the wrong play, and then Howard looked like a clown, again. I'd blame Howard and Lashoff before Brunner.

#345 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,474 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:17 PM

Look at the D men on the ice at the end of the game. Babcock can go to hell. Isn't he the highest paid coach in the NHL. Fire his ass. Our roster isn't that bad to have a joke of a powerplay/penalty kill 3 years in a row

#346 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

And then did...what, exactly? They also accounted for 2 goals against. Z AND Brunners turnovers.

They put the puck in the net bud. Nobody else did.  Imagine if Datysuk was playing with players that deserved to play with him. Not players who are barely playing at a 4th line level this year. 

#347 Mater_Horn

Mater_Horn

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 98 posts

Brunner. No one (except Nightfall) seems to have noticed.

But this is the 2nd game (after St. Louis) that was clearly lost cos of your turnovers.

I thought this was your night. Jeez...

#348 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,517 posts

Two points in three games against the worst team in the league.

Wait until we see Chicago, Vancouver and San Jose more frequently. This is the easy portion of the schedule and they are digging themselves a huge hole, even when we get our trade deadline healthy bodies back as acquisitions.

Everything about this team is average. Can't hold a 2-0 lead at home against the frickin Blue Jackets. Too many mistakes, not enough talent to overcome them. God forbid they score a PP goal to help the cause.

Babcock is really hurting the team not playing Datsyuk and Zetterberg together right now with Brunner. Filppula is invisible anyways, so stick him with Cleary and Abdelkader (or Tatar ideally) and stack the top line. It makes no sense to spread out the talent when your depth is pathetically thin. Hopefully Franzen comes back this weekend. Babcock won't do it, but Franzen-Datsyuk-Tatar would be worth a shot.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#349 Holmstrom96

Holmstrom96

Banned Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:18 PM

Sucks that we lost.  I hope Artem Anisimov is OK.  That was very scary.  5 seconds before the refs noticed I was screaming at the TV, "HE'S OUT COLD!  BLOW THE DAMN WHISTLE!"

Very scary\freak moment.  The news thus far seems to be positive.

#350 Xitium

Xitium

Super Lurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:18 PM

Lots of teams looking for a d man. Get Kronwall the f*** out and address another issue. I don't care if we miss the playoffs we need changes now

You really want to trade Kronwall and let players like Lashoff play everyday? Do us all a favor and go have a beer and calm down or something.

I'm glad no one on this board actually has any influence on the Wings.

If you start a new thread within two hours after a Wings game, specifically a loss, YOU ARE WRONG.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#351 shoobiedoobin

shoobiedoobin

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:19 PM

Brunner turned it over, hustled back and took the right guy. Lashoff made the wrong play, and then Howard looked like a clown, again. I'd blame Howard and Lashoff before Brunner.

Biased against Howard much?

#352 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,474 posts

Holland has to fire Babcock this year or this team is going to be the Calgary flames. For f*** sakes holland make any sort of move in the right direction

#353 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

There have only been 3 games this year that I really felt we played poorly enough and deserved the loss. Thats whats so irritating, a couple dumbass turnovers again and we lose. Open nets missed, plenty of scoring chances and we still take the L.

#354 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,443 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:20 PM

They put the puck in the net bud. Nobody else did. You sir are an idiot. 

Then promptly gave both up, including the game winner, and were invisible for 55 minutes. Whoop

Edited by haroldsnepsts, 21 February 2013 - 10:25 PM.
to remove personal attack that was quoted.

#355 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:20 PM

Hank had a horrible game tonight. He was downright awful... he just did not have the energy he needs to have as the captain. IN fact that entire line lacked energy all game long after their first 2 minutes. Kronwall was again disappointing. And Howard looked below average again. Quite frankly I felt that Monster should have gotten the start tonight instead of Howard. Monster better start Saturday because the WIngs need something fresh and Howard's head doesn't seem to be into the game fully.

Pavel was once again by far our best player... he was outstanding out there and even made Cleary and Abdelkator look good out there! All 3 of them dominated shifts out there and were by far our best line. 

Simply put, this is 4 times in a row the Wings have had a 2 goal lead and lost it. That is unacceptable. You can blame injuries, but it is also the fault of players and coaching. Mike Babcock has to be held accountable for this and if changes do not take place soon, Mr. Renney needs to be considered for the head job because this is simply sickening to watch. 

#356 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,154 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:21 PM

I understand people are upset at the loss, but let's give it a rest with the personal attacks.  

#357 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,764 posts

Wings nation is now in panic mode.  I really am glad that the GM and ownership aren't as reactionary as the LGW Forum members.

We all knew that the Wings weren't going to be a perennial power in the league this year.  Realistically, the Wings were going to be a 5th or 6th place team in the Western Conference.  With all the injuries, the Wings are going to be lucky to make the playoffs.  Then you factor in there the Wings sloppy turnovers and sloppy play, and its a self fulfilling prophecy.

Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#358 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,960 posts

Holland has to fire Babcock this year or this team is going to be the Calgary flames. For f*** sakes holland make any sort of move in the right direction

Holland would be an ******* to fire Babcock, crappy line combos and all.

If either of those two goes, it should be Holland, who's allowed this team to deteriorate over the years, while signing guys like Samuelsson and Colaicovo.  

If only that Yzerman guy was still here in the front office.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#359 Phil Lesh

Phil Lesh

Silver apples in the sun.

• PipPip
  • 304 posts

I'm pretty sure that was our 5th straight loss.

I thought I couldn't feel worse, thanks.

#360 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,080 posts

Defense was bad, forwards were poor, Howard was bad. Special teams are dirt, and way too many injuries. Datsyuk has two anchors on his legs, Tootoo gets the leash put on him by Babs whenever the fun stuffs about to happen, just not many things to be happy or excited about so far this season.

#NOMOREKINDL