• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FlashyG

2/21 GDT Columbus 3 @ Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

"I don't care who the Ducks resign. My point is Perry or Getzlaf signing with us is slim to none. More like none."

Hmm, do you have a source on that?

Do you have any source saying that one is interested in signing with us?

I'm assuming you think we have a chance at signing one of them then?

Fair enough.

We shall see won't we and it's like Perry or Getzlaf are gonna solve any of this teams problems right now anyways. No source on that either sorry.

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

If so. You still think we have a legit chance to sign one of them? I don't. I see one of them going out East...

I don't care who the Ducks resign. My point is Perry or Getzlaf signing with us is slim to none. More like none.

What makes you think Perry or Getzlaf wouldn't want to sign with us? Just because Suter and Parise chose to sign with a team near their family, all of a sudden everyone is in panic mode and thinks no one wants to play for the wings anymore. Most players talk very highly of the red wings organization, and still consider them to be one of the better teams in the league currently. Perry and Getzlaf would be dumb not to sign, and have the opportunity to play along side future hof'ers like Datsyuk and Zetterberg. We take care of our players here, and don't just kick them to the curb at the first sign of trouble, most players like that. I would have to say I like our chances of getting Perry/Getzlaf, and we will have the cap room to do it, and Kenny won't be afraid to spend to the cap to get them.

What makes you think Perry or Getzlaf wouldn't want to sign with us? Just because Suter and Parise chose to sign with a team near their family, all of a sudden everyone is in panic mode and thinks no one wants to play for the wings anymore. Most players talk very highly of the red wings organization, and still consider them to be one of the better teams in the league currently. Perry and Getzlaf would be dumb not to sign, and have the opportunity to play along side future hof'ers like Datsyuk and Zetterberg. We take care of our players here, and don't just kick them to the curb at the first sign of trouble, most players like that. I would have to say I like our chances of getting Perry/Getzlaf, and we will have the cap room to do it, and Kenny won't be afraid to spend to the cap to get them.

Datsyuk could be gone after next season. Sad but true.

Also our team is on the decline.

Screw both Parise and Suter. Parise is proving way more worth than Suter. Thank F we didn't shell out the amount for Suter. I've said this since day one. Highly overrated d-man.

I fail to see the point where Perry or Getzlaf would want to come here to an organization on the decline / rebuild status?

The logic as mentioned by other members that we treat our players right and we are the Detroit Red Wings is sort of out the window now. It doesn't hold any value since the cap era. This team isn't the 2008 or 2009 team for that matter.

You have to get worse before you can get better again.

It's true at the NHL level. Name me one NHL team that has been dominant throughout their career?

The answer is no one.

It upsets me on this forum that people start shouting out other teams players names like they are gonna want to sign with our current team.

BS.

Datsyuk could be gone after next season. Sad but true.

Also our team is on the decline.

Screw both Parise and Suter. Parise is proving way more worth than Suter. Thank F we didn't shell out the amount for Suter. I've said this since day one. Highly overrated d-man.

I fail to see the point where Perry or Getzlaf would want to come here to an organization on the decline / rebuild status?

The logic as mentioned by other members that we treat our players right and we are the Detroit Red Wings is sort of out the window now. It doesn't hold any value since the cap era. This team isn't the 2008 or 2009 team for that matter.

You have to get worse before you can get better again.

It's true at the NHL level. Name me one NHL team that has been dominant throughout their career?

The answer is no one.

It upsets me on this forum that people start shouting out other teams players names like they are gonna want to sign with our current team.

BS.

I guess some ppl like to look at things as if the glass is half full rather than half empty

Would be nice to get over the Suter/Parise thing, they've signed with the Wild and so they are never going to wear the Winged Wheel, sad but true. Suter is playing almost half the game and has to learn a new concept, new defensive partner either not in his class or a rookie (Brodin) and while struggeling he is still their best defenseman. This should tell everyone, how good this guy is. He will probably never play with another Weber and vise versa but both are simple too good but fall of a cliff, a decline for sure but Suter is easily still a top 5 defender.

The Bleacherreport was quoted saying that Getzlaf and his girlfriend are loving Anaheim, he wants to end his career there and maybe work for them after retirement, so the Wings chances of getting him are none to slim. Perry has never stated anything, so there might be a chance but honestly why should he come here?

Sure, the Wings are threatening their players well, staying in over the top hotels, training facilities and all that stuff but I think the CBA also includes a rule, where teams have to stay a 4 star minimum hotels so even that advantage isn't as big as it once was and the team is heading for rebuild-status very soon. So if Perry is testing the UFA market I can see him wanting to sign with some powerhouse teams maybe Vancouver imagine Perry Sedin Sedin damn scary!

This is now the second time in a row the Detroit Red Wings have lost against a team, which they should be able to beat (yes I do include all the injuries other teams are having them too), these are exactly the points that could really really hurt this time in the end. I don't expect points against the Blues, Blackhawks or Predators but for sure against the Columbus Blue Jackets.

So, we drop another 2 points. to CBJ, Things are not looking good, however, I would wait until we have full health before judging the team and saying we need to rebuild, just my 2 cents. We can still pull this back. If anything, the past few years the Wings have always been inconsistently inconsistent.

Chicago is running away with this division. They seem to be the only quality team so far.

I don't think Detroit is THAT far off from being competitive. They've been getting 2 goal leads which says something. If they could exchange Cleary, White, Kindl, and Abs with some other players then they would be in a much better situation. Hell, if Helm can ever get his career back on track and make a recovery that would add a lot.

Bring up Nyquist, Sheahan, and whoever is next in line on D. What do they have to lose, more games?

Didn't catch the first period, but how come Tootoo takes a fighting major and instigator when we're up 2-0? Columbus even scored on that PP..

Edited by Jocke

BS.

The simple fact of the matter is that we don't know what will happen come free agency. We can go off the past, and see many high profile free agents coming to Detroit to sign and play. We can also go off what happened last year where we made plays for the big names and couldn't land them. To say we can or cannot get those free agents is really just a gut feeling. To get "upset" about it is really a waste of emotion. You really have no idea other than your glass half empty gut that is telling you we will fail. So, if it upsets you that someone points out that "player A" is coming up for free agency, just let it go and talk about something else.

Let's see, Sheahan is in his first full year in GR and is tied for 5th in points on the team. Think you might be rushing to judgment a bit there. Have to give credit where due too with the Wings organ-i-zation's ability to trade down out of the 1st round lately to get additional picks yet still get the player they would have taken in the 1st if they hadn't. And get talent that was rated to go in the 1st to boot actually. See Frk, Martin (2012) & Jurco, Tomas (2011) as recent examples.

I have to agree with this. The Wings have one of the top 10 farm systems in the NHL for a good reason. Blashill really has turned things around in Grand Rapids and the kids are developing much better than they were in the past.

Dorsett tried to start sumthin with Ericsson...Tootoo stepped in, and proceeded to smack Dorsett around (broken nose from the looks of it)...Hence the 2 min instigator added on for Tootoo.

I see, thanks. Would think Ericsson could handle that by himself though.

Big E looked like he wanted to handle Dorsett too.

Gloves were off, and then the look on his face when Tootoo Jumped in was like "WTF".

This is one of the reasons I worried about Tootoo, he was playing pretty disciplined hockey at the start of the season.

He is starting to unwind a little, the interference penalty he drew was not interference and was a Dive/Acting job by him.

The little punk is starting to come out in him (edit), his hits seem to be getting closer and closer to borderline every game.

I appreciate the fact he thought he was jumping to the aid of a player, and he probably thinks he is the only one that can throw down on this team, given his perspective as a tough guy on a division opponent. But it was a bad play that cost the team a goal, albeit a weird goal because of the way the puck died on the deflection right in front of Umberger's stick with Howie in position to save the original shot/deflection.

Edited by Opie

Big E looked like he wanted to handle Dorsett too.

Gloves were off, and then the look on his face when Tootoo Jumped in was like "WTF".

This is one of the reasons I worried about Tootoo, he was playing pretty disciplined hockey at the start of the season.

He is starting to unwind a little, the interference penalty he drew was not interference and was a Dive/Acting job by him.

The little punk is starting to come out in him (edit), his hits seem to be getting closer and closer to borderline every game.

I appreciate the fact he thought he was jumping to the aid of a player, and he probably thinks he is the only one that can throw down on this team, given his perspective as a tough guy on a division opponent. But it was a bad play that cost the team a goal, albeit a weird goal because of the way the puck died on the deflection right in front of Umberger's stick with Howie in position to save the original shot/deflection.

Did you not see the 15 interference penalties called on Kindl against the Wild? They are calling it much closer and to say his hits are starting to become borderline dirty is BS they have always been borderline dirty. Watch the first few games "IE" Dallas and the 1st Wild game and you will see hits that are on the edge. If you don't like the guy, don't like him but don't make stuff up to fit an agenda. We knew what we were getting with 22 and he has not failed to deliver. One of the hardest working guys on ice, that crosses the line every now and then but still plays tough as hell, and is apart of scoring chances every game. What's not to love? Edited by MasterPavel

I disagree, I think the majority of his hits to start the season, while hard hits, where clean in timing and where he was hitting guys.

I think his arms are starting to come up on his hits and I think he is starting to hit later and later.

I didn't say I hated him, I said I worried about him.

He can be a PIM machine and this team is not very good on the PK!

I actually like the way his line is playing, I just worry he is going to start living up to his reputation.

Perception is key here, you see his play one way (much like you saw my post as I hate him) and I see his play another way, worrisome on a team with bad special teams.

You have no problem with him crossing the line apparently, however I do.

That is where the difference lies. I think he far exceeded my expectations, but that doesn't mean I don't worry long term. Especially seeing as I Think his play is starting to resemble his play in seasons past.

Not denying his work ethic, but his decision making and discipline leave something to be desired. IMO

Per Tootoo, I had the same opinion the FSD guys did, he's the fighter, not Ericsson. Ericsson could have handled Dorsett, but don't we prefer our D on the ice, instead of in the box? Not to mention would if E got hurt, broke his hand or something? We're already down enough D and we just lost Q as well (can't say I'm all that bummed, but we need bodies at this point). Even at that, E didn't have his gloves off yet, Dorsett did and was winding up, E wasn't ready for it. E only lost one glove and that was due to Toots jumping in. He didn't sucker punch Dorsett either, he got in between, pushed him back a few feet, and clocked him good.

Seemed like a smart play by Tootoo to me, why let Ericsson head to the box for 5 minutes when we're already desperate as hell on defense?...Tootoo stepped in, clocked Dorsett, and handled the situation. Dorsett is just embarassed, his comments to the media are indicative of that.

See I think Tootoo should have got third man in. Dorsett wasn't even looking at Tootoo and that is a Toots special, remember we all used to complain about those when he was a Pred.

If Tootoo and Wiz were scuffling in a pile and Dorsett sucker punched Tootoo you all would be screaming about how dirty Dorsett is.

BUT because Tootoo has a winged wheel on his chest all is forgotten.

I get that, but I don't personally subscribe to that logic.

So people don't think I am just anti fighter, I have a very similar issue with Mule, he is lazy and can be real cheap and dirty, I feel that way about him now, and I will if he ever wears another jersey (doubtful), regardless if he goes on a 10 game tear and gets 14 or so points, it just furthers my point he could play like that every game, but chooses not to!

I can live with that, good debate. As far as crossing the line I don't like it but know it is gonna happen with players like him, Dmac, Drake, Maltby etc...

Yeah and that is just an unfortunate part of the league now, guys are not policing themselves, the league has handcuffed them.

So borderline dirty can easily escalate to real dirty, and certain guys tend to live on real dirty already, so then they start stomping on people or whacking them with a stick to the head.

Dmac in his prime, to me will forever be the perfect enforcer. I know, I know what about Probie, growing up in Maine I only saw Probie play the Leafs or Canadiens at my grandfathers once in a blue moon.

I like what Dmac brought to the table, and I think Tootoo could be a similar guy.

DMAC got dirty and cheap in retaliation for dirty and cheap, but he even squared up with Claude that one time, the other couple Claude may not have been ready, or had already assumed turtle position

See I think Tootoo should have got third man in. Dorsett wasn't even looking at Tootoo and that is a Toots special, remember we all used to complain about those when he was a Pred.

If Tootoo and Wiz were scuffling in a pile and Dorsett sucker punched Tootoo you all would be screaming about how dirty Dorsett is.

BUT because Tootoo has a winged wheel on his chest all is forgotten.

I get that, but I don't personally subscribe to that logic.

So people don't think I am just anti fighter, I have a very similar issue with Mule, he is lazy and can be real cheap and dirty, I feel that way about him now, and I will if he ever wears another jersey (doubtful), regardless if he goes on a 10 game tear and gets 14 or so points, it just furthers my point he could play like that every game, but chooses not to!

It wasn't a sucker punch. Toots grab him in the chest, pushed him back a few feet, then clocked him. He might not have expected him to jump in, but he surely didn't get sucker punched.

So he didn't expect Tootoo to jump in, Toots pushed him off balance with the left and hit him with the right, as Dorsett was ready to go with E.

Again you said he didn't expect Tootoo to jump in, and seeing as the push and punch took about a second and a half you think it wasn't a sucker punch.

Agree to disagree on the semantics of sucker punch I guess.

So he didn't expect Tootoo to jump in, Toots pushed him off balance with the left and hit him with the right, as Dorsett was ready to go with E.

Again you said he didn't expect Tootoo to jump in, and seeing as the push and punch took about a second and a half you think it wasn't a sucker punch.

Agree to disagree on the semantics of sucker punch I guess.

This is not semantics. It's fact. These are sucker punches.

See again, semantics, I think of a sucker punch as an unexpected punch.

Sure Dorsett thought he was going to get punched, but by big E who was in front of him, not Tootoo coming from the side of him, pushing him and then punching him.

But that is my take, we see it differently.

EDIT:

I like your above post because Dino's punch is hilariously a sucker punch, I am not sure the guy he hit still knows who hit him!!!

Edited by Opie

I agree that he didn't expect Toots, I just think in this sport, you drop your gloves, you sure as hell better be ready for anything. He should have expected to get punched, he was trying to get the jump on E and Toots got the jump on him instead. In this instance, I think 22 did the right thing, even if it cost us a goal. I think he was careful enough not to make it suspension worthy.

The Dino hit Kind of reminds me of the Franzen hit on Montador. Kind of.