• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FlashyG

2/21 GDT Columbus 3 @ Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

See again, semantics, I think of a sucker punch as an unexpected punch.

Sure Dorsett thought he was going to get punched, but by big E who was in front of him, not Tootoo coming from the side of him, pushing him and then punching him.

But that is my take, we see it differently.

EDIT:

I like your above post because Dino's punch is hilariously a sucker punch, I am not sure the guy he hit still knows who hit him!!!

Dorsett threw a punch at Tootoo before Tootoo threw a punch. Dorsett may have been expecting E, but he knew who he was fighting when he got punched.

If Tootoo were about to fight JJ I would expect Dorsett to intercept him. E and Dorsett hadn't started fighting yet so there is no third man in.

I know a lot of people are down on the Wings right now, but this is kind of expected. The Wings were down in the beginning and then they got better and were good, now they're down again. Its very typical of a team during a shortened season, plus add on all the injuries we've experienced. What did you expect to happen? Take a look around the league, everybody is having big ups and big downs. As long as our ups are long enough to get us into the playoffs, it'll be fine. Right now, the team isn't playing "bad" we're just not holding leads. Its not like when we got dominated by the Blues on opening night. Nothing looked good then. This is fixable and doesn't need an overhaul or rebuild.

Big E looked like he wanted to handle Dorsett too.

Gloves were off, and then the look on his face when Tootoo Jumped in was like "WTF".

This is one of the reasons I worried about Tootoo, he was playing pretty disciplined hockey at the start of the season.

He is starting to unwind a little, the interference penalty he drew was not interference and was a Dive/Acting job by him.

The little punk is starting to come out in him (edit), his hits seem to be getting closer and closer to borderline every game.

I appreciate the fact he thought he was jumping to the aid of a player, and he probably thinks he is the only one that can throw down on this team, given his perspective as a tough guy on a division opponent. But it was a bad play that cost the team a goal, albeit a weird goal because of the way the puck died on the deflection right in front of Umberger's stick with Howie in position to save the original shot/deflection.

Well look at this way, would you have rather had Ericsson off for 5 mins or TooToo for 10.

I know a lot of people are down on the Wings right now, but this is kind of expected. The Wings were down in the beginning and then they got better and were good, now they're down again. Its very typical of a team during a shortened season, plus add on all the injuries we've experienced. What did you expect to happen? Take a look around the league, everybody is having big ups and big downs. As long as our ups are long enough to get us into the playoffs, it'll be fine. Right now, the team isn't playing "bad" we're just not holding leads. Its not like when we got dominated by the Blues on opening night. Nothing looked good then. This is fixable and doesn't need an overhaul or rebuild.

"FIne" as in...losing in the first (maybe second) round again because of the same bad habits, glaring weaknesses, etc. that've spelled ultimate defeat for this team for the past however many seasons?

Don't get me wrong, I can appreciate not wanting to get down on the team. And I can appreciate the argument that this may just be injuries taking their toll. And, true enough, that's gotta be at least a minor factor here. The real problem, though? Again: same old crap. "Let's come out flat, then flip a switch for a strong ten minutes to finish the first, then let's start the second with five minutes of glorious, God-powered wrath and fury--BUT ONLY FIVE MINUTES! because we have to spot them a lead on their third shot of the game (versus our 400, all but nine of which were fired from center ice, because, HAVE YOU SEEN HOW BIG THAT DEFENSEMAN IS? What, you expect us to GO NEAR HIM?!), and this'll break our collective back for a good period and a half, and Datsyuk might score or something--WAIT. WHY DO I CARE? I'M MAKING MILLIONS! AND KENNY WILL NEVER CUT ME LOOSE! BECAUSE I KNOW WHAT HE DID LAST SUMMER!"

This is the Detroit Red Wings. Y'know, Hockeytown, USA? Class of the Western Conference? What happened to our high standards and expectations? What happened to "To whom much is given..."?

Warm and fuzzy and endlessly patient and understanding and people-pleasing and overly-sentimental is ok...but too much of it for too long turns everything to mush. (See: "We need more joyyyy!!!")

And that is why Ken Holland needs a wedgie.

[/rant]

Guest The Axe

"FIne" as in...losing in the first (maybe second) round again because of the same bad habits, glaring weaknesses, etc. that've spelled ultimate defeat for this team for the past however many seasons?

Don't get me wrong, I can appreciate not wanting to get down on the team. And I can appreciate the argument that this may just be injuries taking their toll. And, true enough, that's gotta be at least a minor factor here. The real problem, though? Again: same old crap. "Let's come out flat, then flip a switch for a strong ten minutes to finish the first, then let's start the second with five minutes of glorious, God-powered wrath and fury--BUT ONLY FIVE MINUTES! because we have to spot them a lead on their third shot of the game (versus our 400, all but nine of which were fired from center ice, because, HAVE YOU SEEN HOW BIG THAT DEFENSEMAN IS? What, you expect us to GO NEAR HIM?!), and this'll break our collective back for a good period and a half, and Datsyuk might score or something--WAIT. WHY DO I CARE? I'M MAKING MILLIONS! AND KENNY WILL NEVER CUT ME LOOSE! BECAUSE I KNOW WHAT HE DID LAST SUMMER!"

This is the Detroit Red Wings. Y'know, Hockeytown, USA? Class of the Western Conference? What happened to our high standards and expectations? What happened to "To whom much is given..."?

Warm and fuzzy and endlessly patient and understanding and people-pleasing and overly-sentimental is ok...but too much of it for too long turns everything to mush. (See: "We need more joyyyy!!!")

And that is why Ken Holland needs a wedgie.

[/rant]

Well said. Ken Holland needs a big glass of whatfor. He's sucking as our GM right now.