• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Yzerfan1999

Tootoo

Rate this topic

so how would you want him to play opie? You Obviously want him to provide a ton more you said it your self with the semi sarcastic "The fact he provides very few other attributes is not a concern" post. What else would you want a player LIKE him to provide?

You need to chill dude. jesus.

do you need a hug opie?

Besides the fact you ignored what I said and asked, your whole "you need to chill dude" is deflecting, instead of answering my questions or points, you deflect back to me.

What do I want from him, nothing more than what he is providing, I said that too, but because you think I hate the guy you are misreading my posts.

What I said my worry was is that he is starting to play a little too close to dirty for me.

What if I told you not only do I not like the way Tootoo has played in the past with his antics that I also don't like the way Mule has played in the past with his antics?

Does that clear up my point?

Guys play a certain style, and to be successful you need a lot of styles on your team, I personally do not like dirty or lazy players and I especially hate divers, those are my Achilles heal, so to speak.

I also am not a huge fight guy, I think there are times where it is needed in a game or a playoff series, but most of the fights in today's NHL are (and I am over simplifying here a bit) "You're an enforcer, I am too, we are on the ice at the same time, lets fight".

I even went so far as to say (in the GDT) that he has far exceeded my expectations this year.

I think for the better part of the season he has been a ball of fire, but I WORRY that he is starting to fall back to old and IMO dirty habits. I think he was lucky to not get a penalty when he drew the interference, I actually think the Wings got away with one there.

I think he missed being the third man in by about .00000001 seconds, he dropped his gloves the same instant Dorsett and Ericcson did, IMO he was still third man in and he sucker punched Dorsett.

Ericcson didn't drop his gloves. I'm not even sure he knew Dorsett dropped his yet. E dropped one glove as a result of Toots jumping in. I think Jordin knocked it off. E didn't need to fight there, we need our D on the ice not the penalty box. Dorsett is just pissed he got rocked by a guy half his size.

You are all over the place...Do you like Tootoo or not? I don't understand.

Well seeing as I have said multiple times I am WORRIED THAT HIS PLAY IS GETTING DIRTY, I APPRECIATE WHAT HE IS BRINGING TO THE TABLE SO FAR.

And since the post you quoted was about the WIngs, NOT TOOTOO, I am not sure where you get any opinion on Tootoo from that quote???

I am all over the place???

Really, lets recap.

You bag people who think he should score more and be like Dats and Brunner (even though no one actually said that), then you post he should be on the second line?

Who is all over the place??

I don't dislike Tootoo, I don't even know him, I do have a distaste for his past playing style!

Wow people are really calling what tootoo did a sucker punch.......wow. Dorsett dropped his gloves so that tells me he was ready for a fight....E didn't drop his....Tootoo drops his gloves grabs Dorsett right in front of Dorsett's face and they both start going at it. So I'm not sure I see where some "sucker" punch is coming from. I think again Tootoo is getting a label because of past things. Like rrasco said Dorsett is just pissed he didn't get to fight someone obviously that doesn;t fight much and take out one of our D and he is pissed that lil ol tootoo was more than he could handle.

Per that video it looks to me they both started punching at the same time.

Edited by hillbillywingsfan

[quote name="F.Michael" post="2359335" timestamp=

I gotta be honest - this team is boring, and has been for some time...They're not a top team anymore, and they haven't been for a few seasons now...How in the world is having a few guys like Tootoo on the team such a bad thing?

I would love to see him get some 2nd line playing time, and some time on the pp; just might shock some fans as to what he could bring.

I agree,lots of grinder types never get the chance to play top line mins or with any of the skill. i understand their role and they fill it perfectly and honestly they probly dont have the hands and skill to play top line mins BUT you cant tell me Tootoo would have done any worse than cleary and abs tonight.....btw i think that line was our best tonight.

I could care less about fighting unless its to stick up for someone running a teammate and no doubt Toots will take 6-8 dumb penalties this year with his over aggressiveness BUT i rather have dumb penalites from over agressivmess and skating hard than dumb penalties from lazziness and not moving your feet!

I have never seen Tootoo play in a scoring role, and I agree with F.Michael here these are not the roll four lines and destroy you Wings anymore.

I am not a big fan of that move though because guys like Nyquist and Tatar should be on the 2nd line before a guy like Toots IMO.

But at this point in the season almost anything is worth a shot.

if we were healthy right now nobody would even care that toots is fighting like that (everyone would think its great is what im trying to say). putting toots on the 2nd line might be a stretch right now, but you cant discount what hes doing out there.

E did look a little pissed he didnt get to go, but i 100% agree that E shouldnt be fighting right now anyway with risk of injury. We need him.

tootoo just looks like a serial killer

Anyone who calls Tootoo "just a goon" either knows nothing about hockey, or hasn't watched any games this season. He can skate well, control the puck and creates chances here and there. Plus, this whole Dorsett deal is the first "questionable" thing that he has done this season. I'm actually glad he did it too. Ericsson has been probably the Red Wings best dman, no sense in him fighting and being off the ice for 5 minutes or worse, getting hurt.

Wrap your minds around this: The last time this team had players like Tootoo on it. They won a cup...

Anyone who calls Tootoo "just a goon" either knows nothing about hockey, or hasn't watched any games this season. He can skate well, control the puck and creates chances here and there. Plus, this whole Dorsett deal is the first "questionable" thing that he has done this season. I'm actually glad he did it too. Ericsson has been probably the Red Wings best dman, no sense in him fighting and being off the ice for 5 minutes or worse, getting hurt.

Wrap your minds around this: The last time this team had players like Tootoo on it. They won a cup...

Yeah forget the superstar players and one of the greatest defensemen of all time. They didn't contribute nearly as much as our 4th line grinders....

Yeah forget the superstar players and one of the greatest defensemen of all time. They didn't contribute nearly as much as our 4th line grinders....

Think about it this way: The next season one of those gritty players retired (Drake) and the other two spent the majority of the season in GR (McCarty and Downey). They were not replaced. Instead, the Red Wings added ANOTHER SUPERSTAR (Hossa) and iced mostly the same team, but couldn't win it again against the same opponent. Interesting....

Edited by DSM

Think about it this way: The next season one of those gritty players retired (Drake) and the other two spent the majority of the season in GR (McCarty and Downey). They were not replaced. Instead, the Red Wings added ANOTHER SUPERSTAR (Hossa) and iced mostly the same team, but couldn't win it again against the same opponent. Interesting....

The were a lot more variables in 09 than the lack of enforcers. And even so it came so close they could just have easily have won the cup.

Also you can't honestly tell me you would rather have Tootoo than Hossa.

Edited by CrimsonFlame

The were a lot more variables in 09 than the lack of enforcers. And even so it came so close they could just have easily have won the cup.

I'm not saying I would rather have any player over another player. Just making an observation.

And there are a lot more variables why a team struggles than the presence of enforcers too then yes?

esteef

Of course he or anyone else couldn't say that but thats not to say we don't need players skating out there just like tootoo or mac anyone like that.

Edited by hillbillywingsfan

And there are a lot more variables why a team struggles than the presence of enforcers too then yes?

esteef

I'm not saying Tootoo is why the team sucks. But Tootoo is not the answer. Him playing any more than his eight minutes a night I'd venture to say is probably going to hurt us more than help.

I'm not saying Tootoo is why the team sucks. But Tootoo is not the answer. Him playing any more than his eight minutes a night I'd venture to say is probably going to hurt us more than help.

You are just full of ridiculous statements. Who said Tootoo was "the answer"? You just don't like players who fight and look for any excuse to rag on them. Tootoo has played well and that just pisses you off.

esteef

You are just full of ridiculous statements. Who said Tootoo was "the answer"? You just don't like players who fight and look for any excuse to rag on them. Tootoo has played well and that just pisses you off.

esteef

I just can't wait to see a line like abby,tootoo and helm or tootoo tatar and helm or any combination. that would be crazy.like freaking pissed off bees flying around.

Agreed.

And I think a good number of us would like to see his role/playing time increased...It's not like we have anything to lose here.

Yes, he should be playing more for sure. Babs should try him with Dats. Tootoo is the hitting machine he can create to and Dats could find extra space to show his magic

Edit:

TO = turnovers

Edited by Dominator2005