• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Yzerfan1999

Tootoo

Rate this topic

I don't get why Tootoo is all of a sudden such a fan favorite. We need hockey players on this team. Not goons. Goons don't help us when we can't score a goal of the Blue Jackets after the first five minutes. Oh whoo he fights. Great. Let me know when fighting gets you goals.

Obviously, you don't know the definition fo a goon.

The were a lot more variables in 09 than the lack of enforcers. And even so it came so close they could just have easily have won the cup.

Also you can't honestly tell me you would rather have Tootoo than Hossa.

Why are you even comparing Tootoo to Hossa?

Many here may think I'm crazy (what else is new), but I'd love to Toots on the 2nd line, and some pp time.

He's deceptively fast, built like a tree stump, and IMHO has underrated hands/skill set.

If anything - he'll get the crowd outta their seats, and provide ALOT more excitement if he were to get more ice time.

Lets not kid ourselves; the Red Wings will be lucky to make the playoffs, and if we do - expect an early exit...What the heck do have to lose?

With as bad as the power play has looked, why not try Tootoo in Homer's spot in front of the net? Give anything a shot at this point to get some life into it.

Agreed.

Last night we saw Abby standing there, or should I say "wobble" there...I never realised until now how "solid" Homer was in front of the oppositions net; that guy was a lump of granite.

Toots could quite possibly be capable of doing a better job than Abby - although he's gotta realise that taking the occasional dive will start to work against him.

Toots will be so busy scoring with Pasha he won't need to dive as you suppose.

Agreed.

Last night we saw Abby standing there, or should I say "wobble" there...I never realised until now how "solid" Homer was in front of the oppositions net; that guy was a lump of granite.

Toots could quite possibly be capable of doing a better job than Abby - although he's gotta realise that taking the occasional dive will start to work against him.

Weebles wobble, but they don't fall down. Clearly based on evidence, Abby is no Weeble. He spent more time on his face than on his skates playing the Homer spot.