• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Axe

Anyone ever used a 2-3 system before?

Rate this topic

Not cool to be disrespectful to a post like this. It's creative and creates an interesting hockey discussion. If you think it's a bad idea explain why. Good way to learn.

I concur that with the defence pinching, it transforms into an inferior 3-2. And you are hancuffing the offense from creating any real chances.

I agree. Some of you are just plain rude sometimes.

Guest The Axe

I agree. Some of you are just plain rude sometimes.

QFT. Dont know why people cant just hit the back button. Maybe cuz they know the 2-3 is the wave of the future!

Sorry, but I think Kronwall, Smith, and White could be more effective in the "Lock" position than Brunner, Cleary, Abdelkader, and Tootoo.

This team needs to help out its goaltender and play a smarter game. There's no way it should be giving up this many outmanned attacks every game.

Play 3 forwards on the PP. That's fine. Play 3 defensemen 5 on 5. We got em on the roster. Might as well use em if our other guys are sucking it up.

I never said any of those guys should play in the left wing lock position, or that the Wings should implement that system again.

I was just pointing out that the left wing lock is similar to what you're proposing, with the advantage of having a forward who can be a part of the offense.

Guest The Axe

I never said any of those guys should play in the left wing lock position, or that the Wings should implement that system again.

I was just pointing out that the left wing lock is similar to what you're proposing, with the advantage of having a forward who can be a part of the offense.

But our forwards arent part of any offense. Thats the problem. We arent scoring. Give Kronwall, Ericsson, Smith, and Kindl some leeway and let them roam. Keep Lashoff, Quincey, Colo, White, and Huskins in a stay at home mentality/position.

Do teams use a 2-3 system, yes all the time. For those to young to remember-seems like most on this board, we used the left wing lock for years under Bowman. The LW lined up along the blueline as a 3rd D. This was when we were tops in scoring year after year. Bowman got the idea from overseas. In Europe the C stays high. Which is why so many european C's are not big time goal scorers. In Europe the C position is a passing and defensive position. They stay up high. It is the RW/LW's that do all the scoring in most European leagues. Now as Ave proposed no team plays 3 D and 2 forwards. TBH there just are not that many good D out there, otherwise everyone would have them.

From my own hockey experience (I prefer right defense (right hand shot)), having three guys back in the defensive zone is great for a trap clone. 2 guys back is obviously the best way to go. On the rush, both D-men fly up in the play and give the forwards outlet passes or flipping the puck for a line change. You need at least 3 guys crossing the blue line as quick as possible (duh obviously) to lead the charge into the offensive zone.I wasn't 100% sure based on the OP's question, but it is a bit of an interesting topic.