• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Din758

Mursak on waivers

Rate this topic

Gonna throw this out there....Holland probably tried to trade him for a pick, most teams probably looked at the wings roster and said, well you are going to waive him anyways I will just wait until then. Someone was going to need to go on waivers at some point. Holland wasn't dealing with strength here... Why give up a pick when chances are he, or someone else was going to be waived. As with a 7th round pick, its a crap shoot and same with Mursak.

Teams that will take Mursak

1-Tampa

2-Ottawa

3-Calgary

4-No one and he goes to GR

Not a catalyst, but a first step in righting the ship. Please let this be just the beginning. Or, just what needed to be done and no need reading into the future.

Gonna throw this out there....Holland probably tried to trade him for a pick, most teams probably looked at the wings roster and said, well you are going to waive him anyways I will just wait until then. Someone was going to need to go on waivers at some point. Holland wasn't dealing with strength here... Why give up a pick when chances are he, or someone else was going to be waived. As with a 7th round pick, its a crap shoot and same with Mursak.

Teams that will take Mursak

1-Tampa

2-Ottawa

3-Calgary

4-No one and he goes to GR

Don't leave out CBJ.

Yes we can. Like others have said, as long as Detroit doesn't mind turning Grand Rapids into an ECHL team, Ferraro and Sheahan are both available options and are both better than Mursak has been.

Where's Aussie_Wing? I feel for that guy.

I just wished we got something for him. Watch he won't clear waivers and in 3 yrars we'll gibe up a 1st to get him back

Yes we can. Like others have said, as long as Detroit doesn't mind turning Grand Rapids into an ECHL team, Ferraro and Sheahan are both available options and are both better than Mursak has been.

Where's Aussie_Wing? I feel for that guy.

I just wished we got something for him. Watch he won't clear waivers and in 3 yrars we'll gibe up a 1st to get him back

doubt it.

doubt it.

....no really though, our forward roster will be so solid in 3 years, we wouldn't need to get him back. we got quincey back because we were in desperate need of D (and gave up a 1st in a weaker draft class). yes, it'd be nice to still have him and I would love for murs to clear waivers and remain with us for sure, but he's not necessarily needed.

Edited by amato

Why else would Holland be placing someone on waivers if not to make room for someone else??

I'm already getting depressed for getting my hopes up. I'm such a moron an oxymoron.

That's what I've been trying to figure out. We have 3 options:

1. Trade coming

2. Call-up from GR

3. Helm is coming back

Hi,

i know both Kopitar and Mursak. In junior leagues they played for rival teams. Both of them went abroad very soon, Kopi to Sweden and Jan to Czech republic. They played together for U20 Division I group A in Bled, Slovenia in year 2006 ... they were in the same line. They also played on several occasion with national team but this was the most important one. They are friends when they play hockey together, but not buddies in free time. Both of them are in home country for two-three moths. They use this time for their family and friends. For past two years Anze has a charity golf tournament, and one of the special guests is also Jan Mursak (photos are here: http://www.siol.net/data/fotogalerije/sportal/2012/07/kopitar_golf.aspx)

About this waiver situation. My opinion is that Jan is NHL material. He was unlucky last year with his ankle injury. I think thay Red Wings fans hadn't have enough oportunity to see him play. Last year when he played with Holmström, he had 3-4 minutes per game. But you know, it's hard to play with Holm and it's hard to deliver something. In lockout he choose to stay in EBEL league. He played against Vanek, Clarkson, Enström, Myers, Grabner... and he was the best by far. Again in Detroit ... first match and unlucky injury.

Other prospects and players. Tatar is good, definetly NHL material, also in great from lately. I don't like Andersson, i know that is only a few games, but he need to improve his perfomance to be regular. Nyquist, he was lucky last year that he got spot in top line. But with that kind of teammats he should perform better. Abdelkader, Emmerton, Eaves, Miller ... i don't see any future for them if they don't improve their game. Specialy Abe, one point in 17 games, has -6.

I think that Holland and Babcock lost their vision lately. We lost our defence, we have Zetty, Pavs, (new Brunner) and bunch of old injured veterans who can perform if they are healty. I think that we don't have chemistry as we used to have. We had great third line Maltby, mccarthy and draper. Now we have lines that can't play with CBJ ... or Islanders. We need to start to build new team, we need good defensive players, then we can focus on ofence.

I hope that Jan gets a chance. I'm certain that he'll be a good pick. If not, he can try next year. But with his quality he can be in every league in Europe. I think he would be interested for DEL, Swiss, Czech or Sweden. But n#1 choice still NHL :)

About this waiver situation. My opinion is that Jan is NHL material. He was unlucky last year with his ankle injury. I think thay Red Wings fans hadn't have enough oportunity to see him play. Last year

it's not that we don't like the guy, a lot of fans do (myself included) and it's evident by a lot of people thinking this is a bad move/wishing him luck if he were to move on. there just isn't room for him right now.. he's good but he's being outperformed by similar style prospects (brunner, nyquist, tatar..) in the time he's actually played. It's not that he's been too bad, other people have just been better with us.

He's an RFA at the end of the season & as of right now barring buyouts, the Wings have 3 forward spots to fill next season using at minimum a combination of the following who are already in the organization:

UFAs: Filppula, Cleary, Brunner, Miller

RFAs: Andersson, Mursak

Under contract: Tatar, Nyquist, Sheahan, Ferraro

Given this list, what are the odds that Mursak figures into the Wings plans next season? You have to figure Flip & Brunner are the top priorities. Tatar has shown enough to grab a full-time job on the 3rd line at least. And if the Wings use their 2 buyouts on forwards, you have Nyquist, Andersson, Sheahan, & Ferraro ready to step in based on their performance in GR, with the last 3 giving you the flexibility of playing wing or center which Mursak can't. At the very least, you can maybe give Mursak an edge over re-signing Cleary, at least most on the board might think so.

This is why I said earlier that this move is as much a positive message to the likes of Tatar & Andersson, and by extension to Nyquist, Sheahan, & Ferraro too, than it is a message to Mursak that his time in the Wings organization is pretty much at an end. They've seen enough of Mursak to know they aren't going to resign him so why not use that ice time to get a head start on letting their young prospects try out for next year's roster now?

Is Helm the only Wing on IR?

At this point, I believe he is the only forward close to coming back. Sammy is out for a few weeks with his finger. Mule is out until at least Wednesday. Bert's back sounded like it was bad and there has been nothing new to say about him lately. It was just a guess based on the information available to me.

4. Give a guy with no future here a chance to catch on with another team.

With the gluten of injured forwards, why rush to get rid of a roster spot until someone is coming back? They throw in Eaves, what if someone can't go? Who's in the press box?