• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Din758

Mursak on waivers

Rate this topic

So much for someone picking him up. lol

He's barely played any hockey the past 2 years with his injuries. The new team would have been forced to keep him on their active roster. Hopefully he'll get lots of playing time in Grand rapids, get some confidence and get another shot.

He's barely played any hockey the past 2 years with his injuries. The new team would have been forced to keep him on their active roster. Hopefully he'll get lots of playing time in Grand rapids, get some confidence and get another shot.

I thought for this reason he wouldn't have been picked up but I kept my mouth shut.

The majority of this thread however thought surely he would have been claimed.

Best of luck to Jan in GR.

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Outstanding that he passed waivers, really didn't think he'd get through. Awesome for the franchise to keep him, but unfortunate for Jan because he would've had a better shot to make the big show with another franchise.

No surprise here. Jan has speed but from what I've seen that's about it. In the columbus game he really looked like a boy versus men getting pushed around and overpowered throughout the game. If he can add about 15 lbs of muscle it could do wonders for his game. Hopefully he'll develop in GR and maybe earn another shot in the big show

Shows you how overvalued our jobbers are around here.

Several posters couldn't possibly fathom how he would clear waivers. :sleepy:

McCormick also passed through waivers.

It would have been nice for Mursak to get picked up but IMO he does need more development time before being NHL ready. Hopefully he can have a strong finish to the AHL season and get an NHL spot next year.

Guest The Axe

You mean our over-ripers are not 2nd line NHLers on other teams? Sheesh

Exactly. A few people in this thread owe Kenny an apology.

McCormick also passed through waivers.

It would have been nice for Mursak to get picked up but IMO he does need more development time before being NHL ready. Hopefully he can have a strong finish to the AHL season and get an NHL spot next year.

I thought McCormick would pass through waivers too.

I have said this all along, Mursak is done as a Red Wing. Too much young talent ready for the NHL, no room for him.

Outstanding that he passed waivers, really didn't think he'd get through. Awesome for the franchise to keep him, but unfortunate for Jan because he would've had a better shot to make the big show with another franchise.

He will, when he signs somewhere else as a RFA this off season...I will take whatever draft pick compensation we receive for him. Good luck in your career...

I have said this all along, Mursak is done as a Red Wing. Too much young talent ready for the NHL, no room for him.

He will, when he signs somewhere else as a RFA this off season...I will take whatever draft pick compensation we receive for him. Good luck in your career...

Him being an RFA is assuming that the Red Wings make a qualifying offer. With Nyquist, Tatar and Andersson all ahead of him on the depth chart, and Sheahan and Ferraro knocking on the door, he doesn't seem to be in the Red Wings future plans. That being said, it's possible the Red Wings may just let him become a UFA this summer.

I think you need to do a little more research on RFA's. Like I said before, in order for Mursak to become an RFA, he needs to be tendered a qualifying offer, otherwise he becomes a UFA. If he doesn't accept that offer, he becomes an RFA. In order for another team to sign him as an RFA, they would need to send him an offer sheet. Now let's be realistic here, no team has EVER sent an offer sheet to a player that hasn't proved they belong in the NHL. However, let's say he does get sent an offer sheet. In order for the Red Wings to get compensation, the offer sheet would have to be a deal for more than $1,110,250 a season. If a GM were to send Jan Mursak an offer sheet for more than $1,110,250 a season, they would probably not have a job as a GM for much longer or even ever again.

Let's face it, Jan Mursak may have some skill and may be a good guy, but it's looking like he is NOT an NHL caliber player. The 29 other teams in the NHL had a chance to put him on their team for no cost at all, and they all passed.

Good luck to you Jan.

Guest The Axe

Him being an RFA is assuming that the Red Wings make a qualifying offer. With Nyquist, Tatar and Andersson all ahead of him on the depth chart, and Sheahan and Ferraro knocking on the door, he doesn't seem to be in the Red Wings future plans. That being said, it's possible the Red Wings may just let him become a UFA this summer.

I think you need to do a little more research on RFA's. Like I said before, in order for Mursak to become an RFA, he needs to be tendered a qualifying offer, otherwise he becomes a UFA. If he doesn't accept that offer, he becomes an RFA. In order for another team to sign him as an RFA, they would need to send him an offer sheet. Now let's be realistic here, no team has EVER sent an offer sheet to a player that hasn't proved they belong in the NHL. However, let's say he does get sent an offer sheet. In order for the Red Wings to get compensation, the offer sheet would have to be a deal for more than $1,110,250 a season. If a GM were to send Jan Mursak an offer sheet for more than $1,110,250 a season, they would probably not have a job as a GM for much longer or even ever again.

Let's face it, Jan Mursak may have some skill and may be a good guy, but it's looking like he is NOT an NHL caliber player. The 29 other teams in the NHL had a chance to put him on their team for no cost at all, and they all passed.

Good luck to you Jan.

Yup. Its a bummer, but he is not NHL material.

You mean the same fanbase that takes dumps all over everyone but Lidstrom and Datsyuk? And wonders why the rest of the league's fans don't follow in our hatred? Hometown fans like us always underrate their own players. It's part of our desperate desire to not look homerish.

Mursak being overvalued in more a rare occurrence.

Edited by shoobiedoobin

OMG OMG we didn't trade Mursak and a 5th for Malkin and Crosby?? What a waist Holland! That guy really makes me mad.

Oh just because I know people around here are dumb enough, I am not really being serious I'm making fun of you. Thanks

What a waist of web space. I am not really being serious, I'm making fun of you. Thanks.