• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Richdg

Bruins looking for forwards.....

Rate this topic

We're not really in a position to give away offense (no matter how inconsistent) without getting some back. If they could throw in another forward or a good prospect to sweeten the pot, maybe. Franzen's contract is almost unmovable. I would keep him. Can't really justify being sellers when we're still in the race.

Besides, how good can their first realistically be? Boston's a team looking at a deep playoff run. All the top-tier scorers and defenseman will probably be gone by the time that pick rolls around. Also depends on what our pick shakes out to be. We could still be working with two mediocre draft picks. Yeah, the top half of the draft is stacked, but the bottom half isn't so certain. The depth of this draft is a little overrated, if you ask me. Also, with teams like Columbus having three first-rounders, how much elite talent can we expect to be on the board when our pick rolls around? We may be struggling, but I'd have to say they'd be picking before us. They also have the Kings' pick, and they might pick before us, too.

Edited by DetroitRedWings1993

I don't understand how Franzen's contract is viewed as "unmovable." It's 3.955 cap hit until he's 40, but you know dang well Franzen isn't playing until he's 40. Unless of course you mean, it's a good hit for his production levels. :cheesy:

IF they're looking for just a rental. How about Flip? He's more versatile (center or wingman) than Franzen and not as lazy.

As far as Boston defensemen go, I doubt you could pry either of these two names from them, but Sidenberg or McQuaid would look excellent as Red Wings.

Guest DeGraa55

I think its unnmovable based on the fact he is dead weight. He doesn't play defense or skate hard. His goals? Thank Z, wasn't anything franzen did. Instead of mule being his nickname I think "bloody tampon" fits him better.

Also whether you like him or not put your bias aside. He has very little trade value.

Edited by DeGraa55

IF they're looking for just a rental. How about Flip? He's more versatile (center or wingman) than Franzen and not as lazy.

That's more realistic. Only if the Wings are out of the playoff race. However, they certainly won't be offering Seidenberg or McQuaid. It'll most likely be draft picks and/or secondary prospects.

There's absolutely zero chance that Boston would take on Franzen's salary. They have $7.1mil in cap space next season to resign Rask, and resign or replace Khudobin, Horton, Johnson and Ference. If they add Franzen to the mix, they have $3.2mil in cap space for next season, which is $300k LESS than Rask is making right now.

I think its unnmovable based on the fact he is dead weight. He doesn't play defense or skate hard. His goals? Thank Z, wasn't anything franzen did. Instead of mule being his nickname I think "bloody tampon" fits him better.

Also whether you like him or not put your bias aside. He has very little trade value.

This has to be a joke post. Have you even watched Franzen play? Sure, he's lazy at times and he floats at times, but you don't put up numbers like he has playing against the best pairings of other teams without having a LOT of talent. Yes, his disinterest can be frustrating, but lets not get carried away trashing the whipping boy of the day on LGW.

The reason we won't trade with Boston has nothing to do with Franzen or his bargain of a contract. It has to do with the aforementioned cap crunch of the Bruins. I would be willing to trade him for a good defenseman (for which Franzen would bring back a good bit of value to Detroit in a trade), but I'm not sure if Boston would be willing to give up a D of a high enough calibre.

Franzen for their first? Thread fail alert, how about NO. Their first will be about 25th-30th overall first off, how about Brunner for their first because he's about on the same pace scoring wise as Franzen before he got injured. May as well dump him also because he's gonna get about the same money as Franzen when we resign him and doesn't play a physical game.

Plus i'd like to see a source about how the currently east dominant Bruins feel the need for another forward and who reported this. Everything about this makes no sense at all, was this pulled from Eklund's site?

Oh and as for Franzen being lazy and floaty, ever watch Bobby Ryan play? He's good for a 20+ goal scoring slump at least once a season, horribly inconsistent and commands more money, yet a lot of people seem to want to bring him in. The same goes for A LOT of goal scoring players in the NHL, but outside Wings knowledge is required here to know this.

Franzen for their first? Thread fail alert, how about NO. Their first will be about 25th-30th overall first off, how about Brunner for their first because he's about on the same pace scoring wise as Franzen before he got injured. May as well dump him also because he's gonna get about the same money as Franzen when we resign him and doesn't play a physical game.

Plus i'd like to see a source about how the currently east dominant Bruins feel the need for another forward and who reported this. Everything about this makes no sense at all, was this pulled from Eklund's site?

Oh and as for Franzen being lazy and floaty, ever watch Bobby Ryan play? He's good for a 20+ goal scoring slump at least once a season, horribly inconsistent and commands more money, yet a lot of people seem to want to bring him in. The same goes for A LOT of goal scoring players in the NHL, but outside Wings knowledge is required here to know this.

LOL... people that talk about failed posts then post themselves... BTW Franzen had 3 goals in 12 or 13 games. That is a 20 goal pace over 82, which of course he doesn't play that many. he plays about 30 and dresses for another 40ish every year.

Yes i watch 25 year old Ryan play all the time. Even when he isn't scoring, he crashes the net, works in the corners, plays defense, hits people etc..... franzen does nothing! Just wait untill he retires in a couple more years. Then we can continue to take a 4 million per year cap hit while he sits home in sweden!

Guest DeGraa55

This has to be a joke post. Have you even watched Franzen play? Sure, he's lazy at times and he floats at times, but you don't put up numbers like he has playing against the best pairings of other teams without having a LOT of talent. Yes, his disinterest can be frustrating, but lets not get carried away trashing the whipping boy of the day on LGW.

The reason we won't trade with Boston has nothing to do with Franzen or his bargain of a contract. It has to do with the aforementioned cap crunch of the Bruins. I would be willing to trade him for a good defenseman (for which Franzen would bring back a good bit of value to Detroit in a trade), but I'm not sure if Boston would be willing to give up a D of a high enough calibre.

I never said he doesn't have talent. He COULD be an elite scorer if he wanted. He just doesn't put forth the effort. That's why he is dead weight. Maybe he will do a 360 but my money is against that.

9 points in 12 games.. and yes, trading him for Boston's 1st is an awful idea. You posted a thread with no background or source, that you still haven't provided in your reply. It should have just been titled "Franzen Hate Thread" and made it easier for people to see where the direction of this thread was going which it obviously has and therefore is posted under the wrong area of the forum. It's not a rumor it's an opinion until there's some kind of validity that Boston really is looking for forward help and Franzen may be an option.

9 points in 12 games.. and yes, trading him for Boston's 1st is an awful idea. You posted a thread with no background or source, that you still haven't provided in your reply. It should have just been titled "Franzen Hate Thread" and made it easier for people to see where the direction of this thread was going which it obviously has and therefore is posted under the wrong area of the forum. It's not a rumor it's an opinion until there's some kind of validity that Boston really is looking for forward help and Franzen may be an option.

I think if you looked at all of richdg's posts, about 90% would be dumb unrealistic trade ideas that wouldn't even work on NHL13.

http://www.mynhltraderumors.com/tag/boston-bruins/

Just look down the page. Lots of rumors saying the B's are seeking a forward. So, to be fair, there are sources for this. Besides, it could probably be said every team in the NHL would like another scoring forward. I can't think of a good, two-way scorer I wouldn't take in a heartbeat for the right price.

Having said that, I think adding without subtracting too much is important. Boston's pick won't be good enough to justify getting rid of Franzen. There's no guarentee that whoever that pick turns into will hustle more and play better defense than Franzen, anyways. This is a seller's move and would tell me that the team has thrown in the towel. With two big wins and big games coming this week in Cali, we can ill-afford to start talking like the season is over. We're currently in a playoff spot and are slowly getting healthy again. I say stay the course and look to add some more scoring depth and help on defense at and before the deadline. Time to bring in some new faces. Too many deadlines have come and gone with little-or-no improvement.

http://www.mynhltraderumors.com/tag/boston-bruins/

Just look down the page. Lots of rumors saying the B's are seeking a forward. So, to be fair, there are sources for this. Besides, it could probably be said every team in the NHL would like another scoring forward. I can't think of a good, two-way scorer I wouldn't take in a heartbeat for the right price.

Having said that, I think adding without subtracting too much is important. Boston's pick won't be good enough to justify getting rid of Franzen. There's no guarentee that whoever that pick turns into will hustle more and play better defense than Franzen, anyways. This is a seller's move and would tell me that the team has thrown in the towel. With two big wins and big games coming this week in Cali, we can ill-afford to start talking like the season is over. We're currently in a playoff spot and are slowly getting healthy again. I say stay the course and look to add some more scoring depth and help on defense at and before the deadline. Time to bring in some new faces. Too many deadlines have come and gone with little-or-no improvement.

No one was doubting that Boston is looking for forwards. I'm sure Boston wouldn't mind adding Franzen to their team, either. However, Boston would not be able to take on his salary.

I hope Holland goes shopping at the deadline too, and I'm sure he will if the Red Wings are in position to make the playoffs. With that said, I just hope he doesn't overpay. He never has, so I'm sure we'll be ok.

No one was doubting that Boston is looking for forwards. I'm sure Boston wouldn't mind adding Franzen to their team, either. However, Boston would not be able to take on his salary.

I hope Holland goes shopping at the deadline too, and I'm sure he will if the Red Wings are in position to make the playoffs. With that said, I just hope he doesn't overpay. He never has, so I'm sure we'll be ok.

Well, BlazeYoungblood was saying this was a baseless rumor with no sources. I was just letting him know that there are sources. But yeah, totally agree. Holland will find something if this team is looking at the playoffs. He's got too much money and too much need not to. We can't afford to stand pat again. The teams we're competing with won't.

Edited by DetroitRedWings1993

Yeah honestly just wanted to see a source for it, hadn't come across one personally and logically considering the Bruin's record I wouldn't think they would have been. Should have been included with the original post to back up the subject of the rumor thread so there's some information to go off of. But the fact still remains and I stand by it, dumping Franzen for a late 1st draft pick is among the last things we need to be focusing on, bringing in one or two more defensemen is.

Regardless thanks for posting up the link DRW93 and giving us some sort of basis to go by to validate the thread. Franzen is back tonight, let's see how the next few games go for our leading scorer from last season.

Yeah honestly just wanted to see a source for it, hadn't come across one personally and logically considering the Bruin's record I wouldn't think they would have been. Should have been included with the original post to back up the subject of the rumor thread so there's some information to go off of. But the fact still remains and I stand by it, dumping Franzen for a late 1st draft pick is among the last things we need to be focusing on, bringing in one or two more defensemen is.

Regardless thanks for posting up the link DRW93 and giving us some sort of basis to go by to validate the thread. Franzen is back tonight, let's see how the next few games go for our leading scorer from last season.

You're very welcome. I agree, should've had a link in the OP. I also agree that trading Franzen shouldn't be on Kenny's mind. Finding a top-tier, two-way defenseman and a reliable scorer is what should be occupying his time. Shopping Franzen or Filpulla or whatever other nonsense the media had dreamed up would be going straight into seller mode. This is NOT the time to become a seller. There is real talent on this team and they have proven they can win against the best even with a depleted lineup. We own wins against St. Louis, Nashville and Vancouver and have also taken Chicago to OT. This team needs a full, healthy roster and some more firepower both up front and on the back end. Giving up now would be foolish.

I really would move Sammy for anything. I would keep half his salary too in order to get the deal done. If the Wings aren't adding anything they should move as much as they can with out moving the futures and keep half the salary to squeek out more value.

Edited by Majsheppard

I really would move Sammy for anything. I would keep half his salary too in order to get the deal done. If the Wings aren't adding anything they should move as much as they can with out moving the futures and keep half the salary to squeek out more value.

So then they have less cap space next season and have to ice a supbar team? That makes a lot of sense....