• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 DetroitRedWings1993

DetroitRedWings1993

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:56 PM

If he was a UFA this summer, I'm sure the Bruins wouldn't mind adding Samuelsson. However, since he's under contract for next season, they won't be interested.

That, and he gets hurt going to get the paper in the morning.

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring is rated PG-13 for epic battle sequences.

#22 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:59 PM

They can have: Franzen, Sammy, Eaves, White, Q, Kindl...
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#23 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:17 PM

Anyone who wants to trade Franzen is a fool. Fact is you will pay at least 1 million more for the same stats, and it is more like 2 million more.  He isn't going to be the best guy ever, but he is a value contract.

"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#24 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

I really would move Sammy for anything.  I would keep half his salary too in order to get the deal done.  If the Wings aren't adding anything they should move as much as they can with out moving the futures and keep half the salary to squeek out more value.  

Edited by Majsheppard, 28 February 2013 - 10:38 PM.

"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#25 DSM

DSM

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:55 AM

I really would move Sammy for anything.  I would keep half his salary too in order to get the deal done.  If the Wings aren't adding anything they should move as much as they can with out moving the futures and keep half the salary to squeek out more value.  

So then they have less cap space next season and have to ice a supbar team? That makes a lot of sense....

#26 DetroitRedWings1993

DetroitRedWings1993

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:24 AM

No one's going to take Sammy and his glass jaw for anything useful. We can't afford to just ship out players. We are not sellers. We don't just auction off pieces for nothing.

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring is rated PG-13 for epic battle sequences.

#27 DSM

DSM

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:29 AM

No one's going to take Sammy and his glass jaw for anything useful. We can't afford to just ship out players. We are not sellers. We don't just auction off pieces for nothing.

If the Wings were indeed sellers, I could see teams making a pitch for Samuelsson. Although, more so if he was scheduled to be a UFA. Even though he's missed significant time in recent seasons, he's still posted good numbers and has an impressive resume that includes 3 SCF appearances.

#28 DetroitRedWings1993

DetroitRedWings1993

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:54 PM

If the Wings were indeed sellers, I could see teams making a pitch for Samuelsson. Although, more so if he was scheduled to be a UFA. Even though he's missed significant time in recent seasons, he's still posted good numbers and has an impressive resume that includes 3 SCF appearances.

If someone came with a decent offer, we should at least consider it. We need to add, not subtract, though. It's not the time to give up on the season. We need to add assets that can contribute right this second.

#29 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:38 AM

I don't see the Bruins trading with us.

More see the B's looking at the Sharks and saying hello Ryan Clowe. Not Franzen or Filppula.