• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Richdg

Avs O'Brien may be available.

Rate this topic

I wouldn't mind a guy like O'Brien, especially for his size. However, it always seems like he has a "falling out" with the coaches of his teams. Vigneault didn't want him in Vancouver anymore, and I just read somewhere that he is having the same issue in Colorado.

I wouldn't mind a guy like O'Brien, especially for his size. However, it always seems like he has a "falling out" with the coaches of his teams. Vigneault didn't want him in Vancouver anymore, and I just read somewhere that he is having the same issue in Colorado.

If he couldn't make it with Vigneault or Sacco, Babs would eat him alive. Not sure he could handle The Glare.

If he couldn't make it with Vigneault or Sacco, Babs would eat him alive. Not sure he could handle The Glare.

I think he has attitude issues or something. IIRC, he was coming to practices late or something like that and Vigneault put him on a short leash. After Vancouver traded him to Nashville, he bagged on Vigneault the first opportunity he got infront of the media.

I think he has attitude issues or something. IIRC, he was coming to practices late or something like that and Vigneault put him on a short leash. After Vancouver traded him to Nashville, he bagged on Vigneault the first opportunity he got infront of the media.

The character in our locker room could set him straight. Maybe he just needs some more leadership. Although, at 29, he shouldn't be having attitude problems like that.

The character in our locker room could set him straight. Maybe he just needs some more leadership. Although, at 29, he shouldn't be having attitude problems like that.

And at the same time, for being a #6/7 guy on a struggling Avalanche blueline, he has a pretty big cap hit for the next two seasons. If he doesn't regain a regular spot in their line up, I can see them using an amnesty buyout on him. Then the Red Wings can take a chance on him as a cheap UFA.

I think that it speaks volumes that a big affordable dman has played for 5 different NHL teams before he has even turned 30...

Edited by DSM

And at the same time, for being a #6/7 guy on a struggling Avalanche blueline, he has a pretty big cap hit for the next two seasons. If he doesn't regain a regular spot in their line up, I can see them using an amnesty buyout on him. Then the Red Wings can take a chance on him as a cheap UFA.

I think that it speaks volumes that a big affordable dman has played for 5 different NHL teams before he has even turned 30...

Well, Vancouver has a logjam of talented defensemen who all deserve playing time. I wouldn't be surprised if they moved him simply because he wasn't as offensively gifted as the rest. It's obvious Vancouver prides offense above all else. Colorado wants more offensive defenseman, and O'Brien doesn't fit that mold. May be more that he just doesn't fit his previous teams' plans rather than his attitude being poor. I'd take him on the extreme cheap. Not worth much more than a late-round draft pick. I wouldn't give any players for him.