• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:18 PM

after tonights win the Blackhawks set a new record  with 17 consecutive games with a point.

good for them. will it pay off though?

will they continue to play well or will they crumble? 

#2 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:19 PM

Not sure they'd beat a healthy Vancouver squad in the playoffs. Luongo looks like he hasn't missed a beat.

bringit.jpg

#3 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:37 PM

Interesting that "subtle interference" by the Wings is now called "a little bit of a screen" by Eddie O when the Hawks do it.  Such a douchenozzle.  And cheap hit by Shaw on Pavelski at the end of the game.

esteef

Edited by esteef, 23 February 2013 - 12:23 AM.

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#4 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,895 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:33 AM

Not sure they'd beat a healthy Vancouver squad in the playoffs. Luongo looks like he hasn't missed a beat.

Luongo during the regular season has never been an issue.  It's the big games in the playoffs where he wets the bed.

Chicago coud easily go all the way this year...  or they could fall out of chemistry.  Got to play out the season and see.  That's the beauty of it.

#5 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:13 AM

I'll take some flak for this, but it's good to see an Original Six team make the record. If not the Wings, at least one of them.

#6 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,740 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:42 AM

They are not running they are driving away with the division this year, wow.

Sent from my BlackBerry

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#7 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:13 AM

Good for them. You have to remember that Wings had the home winning streak record last season at it didn't help them in the playoffs.

Luongo during the regular season has never been an issue.  It's the big games in the playoffs where he wets the bed.

I think it's more the case of that if Canucks don't win the Cup Luongo is blamed. It's as if there isn't 15 other teams in the playoffs that try to win just as much. It's easy to crumble under the pressure of the crazy Canadian media and fans but the fact is that Canucks have been the most succesful Canadian team of the last 10 years. It's not Luongo's fault that he's not Patrick Roy.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#8 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,176 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:28 AM

They're doing a great job that's for sure.  The big thing i noticed with the Hawks this year, and i've watched probably 12 of their games so far, is that they don't hit the panic button.  This team they have is very calm and one of their other strongest assets is that they are a very young, quick team.  They would badly outwork Vancouver in a 7 game series, probably taking it in 5.  St Louis may be able to stop them if they get it together again, but i guess we'll see when they roll into the playoffs 1st in the west.

Free darkmanx!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#9 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,093 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:23 AM

Interesting that "subtle interference" by the Wings is now called "a little bit of a screen" by Eddie O when the Hawks do it.  Such a douchenozzle.  And cheap hit by Shaw on Pavelski at the end of the game.

esteef

F*** Pavelski, in my opinion every sharks player that pulls dirty crap should get a taste of their own medicine, and Pavelski tasted a little bit bitter, I don't and never will feel the least bit sorry for him

#10 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:13 PM

F*** Pavelski, in my opinion every sharks player that pulls dirty crap should get a taste of their own medicine, and Pavelski tasted a little bit bitter, I don't and never will feel the least bit sorry for him

It was a dirty hit.  I'm pretty sure Clowe jumped off the bench after it too.  Not sure if a line change was actually going on or not.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#11 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,870 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:37 PM

It was a dirty hit.  I'm pretty sure Clowe jumped off the bench after it too.  Not sure if a line change was actually going on or not.

I thought he did too.  the league is apparently looking into it but you know they won't do anything.  they apparently had no problem with him playing the puck from the bench last season, why would they mind this? 

Clowe has a lot of good elements to his game, but not a lot between the ears. 

NHL/game officials sorting out whether SJS Ryane Clowe was deemed to have come off bench on legal/illegal change to start altercation vs CHI

#12 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:42 PM

Hawks are for real   

#13 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,600 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:52 PM

I think the hawks are the greatest team ever..I love those guys..I hope they don't lose in regulation all year.  I love Kane..he is my hero..Eddy O is the best color commentator in the league too.

:glare:  :glare:  :glare:  :glare:

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#14 Classic

Classic

Jimmy Howard fanboi.

• 25 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:00 PM

Sarcasm puckbags? :P

In all honesty, well done to them, the fact their fans are already on about winning the cup speaks volumes though.

Detroit Red Wings - Brunning away with it.

Glasgow Celtic F.C. - A Commons affair.

#15 SDavis35

SDavis35

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:04 PM

I think the hawks are the greatest team ever..I love those guys..I hope they don't lose in regulation all year.  I love Kane..he is my hero..Eddy O is the best color commentator in the league too.

:glare:  :glare:  :glare:  :glare:

I smell sarcasm! 

Props to the Hawks though. Just think... the Wings lost in OT to this team. 

#16 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,600 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:06 PM

Sarcasm puckbags? :P

In all honesty, well done to them, the fact their fans are already on about winning the cup speaks volumes though.

Like most people around here I hate them with a passion but I do have respect for what they have done..amazing start.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#17 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:10 PM

screw the blackhawks

#18 Classic

Classic

Jimmy Howard fanboi.

• 25 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:14 PM

I smell sarcasm! 

Props to the Hawks though. Just think... the Wings lost in OT to this team. 

The power of a rivalry, eh? :D

Detroit Red Wings - Brunning away with it.

Glasgow Celtic F.C. - A Commons affair.

#19 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,997 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

They're doing a great job that's for sure.  The big thing i noticed with the Hawks this year, and i've watched probably 12 of their games so far, is that they don't hit the panic button.  This team they have is very calm and one of their other strongest assets is that they are a very young, quick team.  They would badly outwork Vancouver in a 7 game series, probably taking it in 5.  St Louis may be able to stop them if they get it together again, but i guess we'll see when they roll into the playoffs 1st in the west.

Agreed. The way they're playing, the Cup is currently theirs to lose.

Scotty Bowman, I guess.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#20 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:06 PM

The power of a rivalry, eh? :D

Eh, more of a rivalry in name. The Wings have clobbered the Hawks for years, and the last time they met in the playoffs it wasn't even close.

bringit.jpg