• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

Blackhawks set new point streak record

Rate this topic

So, I think the record they've set it pretty impressive, but just to play devil's advocate a bit...whcih I think is okay because this isn't a Blackhawks board, does anyone think the record is a bit inflated?

- They aren't playing against the whole league....because of shortened schedule, more games are played against a smaller number of teams. Say what you will about whether the Western conference is stronger than the Eastern (which I agree with when looking top to bottom), they are avoiding playing against some of the other strong teams in the league.

- of the 19 games they've played this year, only 6 have been against teams that currently have more wins than they do losses (I'm simpflying it to W and L and avoiding OT and shootouts for a minute).

- Of the games they've played against teams with more W than L (LA (9-8), they are 2-0, STL (10-8), they are 1-0, VAN (10-8), they are 1-1, ANA (13-4), they are 0-1).

Impressive regardless of how you look at it, but I think one could take a view as above as well.

The other thing not mentioned about the short season is that you could look at it as being that much more impressive as well because with so many games in such a shor time, you are bound to come out flat every now and then (they've avoided that so far in terms of it not resulting in a regulation loss).

Other teams have weak schedules, too. I don't think it takes away from their record at all. A shortened season affects everyone the same. Most teams are struggling, but they're not. Maybe their schedule does help a little, but the point is, they are beating teams they should beat. You can't dismiss them because of that. Look at the Wings, we beat the good teams but routinely lose to bottom feeders.

Good for the Hawks. A truly impressive feat, especially considering all of the road games they've played.

I haven't considered them a rival though since the 60s. In fact, the only team that I've thought of as a rival is the Avs and that ended years ago. I don't really think we have one now.