• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Shaman

Trade Deadline buyers or sellers?

Rate this topic

Is this a joke?

It is, but it isn't if you know what I mean.

As for the trade deadline, I think the Red Wings will be quiet. If there's a decent d-man to be had, I could see Holland making a play but otherwise I'm not expecting much. In all honesty, that's fine because the Red Wings aren't a piece or two away from legitimate contention and anything significant will cost a ton.

I just don't want any of the major prospects dealt for some random player (ala Kyle Quincey) that won't make an immediate impact to the team's short-term success. This is largely a patchwork roster anyways, so unless the return can help the team for years to come, then it's not worth it to me.

I'm sure some tires will get kicked and the stable of seven guys injured coming back will be our acquisition. Using injuries as an excuse to stand pat again this summer isn't acceptable though.

In my opinion, the Wings don't become "sellers" until it is a reasonable, educated reality that they are not going to make the playoffs.

I mean a situation where they have to win the rest of the games in the season to make the playoffs and that number could not realistically be accomplished judging by the team's recent efforts at the time. As of right now, they're still in the race and anything could happen.

Just making the playoffs always provides the chance to win it all. I did a little research just now, and I don't believe an 8th seeded team has ever won the Stanley Cup (but 2 have made it to the finals). However, no team in NHL history has ever gotten at least a point in their first 16 games either... Oh, wait... that's right, the Blackhawks just did that! Anything is possible.

I believe that not only will the Wings make the playoffs, but they will also finish somewhere higher than the 8th seed.

In my opinion, the Wings don't become "sellers" until it is a reasonable, educated reality that they are not going to make the playoffs.

I mean a situation where they have to win the rest of the games in the season to make the playoffs and that number could not realistically be accomplished judging by the team's recent efforts at the time. As of right now, they're still in the race and anything could happen.

Just making the playoffs always provides the chance to win it all. I did a little research just now, and I don't believe an 8th seeded team has ever won the Stanley Cup (but 2 have made it to the finals). However, no team in NHL history has ever gotten at least a point in their first 16 games either... Oh, wait... that's right, the Blackhawks just did that! Anything is possible.

I believe that not only will the Wings make the playoffs, but they will also finish somewhere higher than the 8th seed.

LA was an 8th seed last year. But the Wings aren't built for tough playoff style hockey. Our glass jaw roster can't even play early regular season hockey without a slew of injuries.

We are just a move or two away from contending. Look, we know Kronwall is better than this. So if we can wrangle a top pairing d-man, it helps. Our offense is okay, when hot it could be really good. Grab a puckhound or a sniper of lucky, and we're back. Not guaranteed world beaters, but highly competitive. Plus, injuries healing won't magically make is tons better, but it will help the lines settle down and put players back in proper roles.

Kronwall, Bertuzzi, and Nyquist for Perry.

White, Colo, Franzen, and Mursak for Yandle.

Howard, Samuelsson, and Brunner for Schneider.

Drop Cleary, Abdelkader, and Huskins.

Filppula-Datsyuk-Perry

Tatar-Helm-Zetterberg

Miller-Andersson-Eaves

Ferraro-Emmerton-Tootoo

Callahan-Jarnkrok

Yandle-Ericsson

Smith-Quincey

Kindl-Lashoff

Ouelette

Schneider

Mrazek

Are those the moves you made in NHL13?

Is this a joke?

Yeah 4 of those guys are injured, and Sammy can't be traded because he's in the 1st year of a contract.

Edit: and Carlo can't be traded either for the same reason.

Edited by Barrie

Short answer, we need to do both. Just sitting still as we are is not going to win in the PO's. Look at the top 4/5 teams in the WC, we will be lucky to play 5 games if we make it. Just to many holes on the team. There are many things we can and in fact should do. Not sure why we are not, but it is what it is. Some guys should be called up Nyquist and Sheahan, others should be traded: Cleary, Franzen, White, Quincey, Miller, eaves, and maybe Filppula. Get as many draft picks as possible for the 2013 draft. It is the deepest draft in 10 years, and much much better than the next 2 projected drafts.

if we can finsih the season with the following while clearing out all the dead weight, I would be happy:

bert-dat-brunner

Nyquist-Z-sammy

Abby-Andersson-tatar

Sheahan-Helm-TooToo

Kronwall-lashoff

Ericsson-White

Smith-Kindl

howard

with Gus, Emmerton and Huskins as backups. After the season, but out Cola and sammy and do everything possible to get Burt to retire. Leaves us with 2 holes 1st line LW and 2nd line RW and a bunch of money to spend.

after moving out our dead weight, work to turn the extra picks and every pick after the 3rd round into 2 more picks in the top 90.

One signing-Dekeyser as soon as WMU's season is over. same with Sproul. get him a taste of the NHL at the end of this season.

Guest DeGraa55

We need to do a bit of both. Through trades or this summer in UFA we need a number one defenseman. And a legitimate pf or two. Berts health is a big factor. Is he done? We need to find out. I believe our best lines are:

Bert-z-brunner

Franzen-dats-ufa or acquired thru trade

Nyquist-fil-sammy or cleary

Abby-helm-tootoo

Obviously injuries affect that a lot. Film should be c on third line but since we have no wings healthy on top 2 lines he has to play out of position. With helm out Abby, tootoo and I'd say miller should be 4th. Tatar on the second until someone else is acquired.

That's just my rough idea. Obviously i d prefer no franzen, Sammy or cleary but we can't just trade them for obvious reason. Hopefully a buyout is done on one with the other on Colo.

Smith-ufa

Ericson-kronner

White-kindl

Maybe Quincey over kindl. I'm not a Quincey hater but I do think he is overpaid and wasn't worth a first. But it is what it is. Smith seemed to be really coming on before he got injured. Kronner is a second line guy. Ericsson is 2nd or 3rd guy. Believe its better if he is 3rd but obviously we need the number one which we desperately lack.

Guys I would consider moving are Tatar, nyquiest, franzen and possibly days or film. Personally I want to keep both film and dats but if they don't want to stay better to get something. This is where Holland needs to see what dats plan is. Does he want to stay? Extend him now if not, maybe he want to go to Russia well better to trade him now. Film I think is more obvious to stay but we don't know what these guys are thinking so Holland needs to find out. Better to trade and get value then let them walk with nothing. But that's Hollands biggest weak spot so I don't see it happening. He is stuck in "two moves and we win the cup" mode. Sadly I predict he makes so more minor Quincey like trades that make me want to puke.

Edited by DeGraa55

We need to do a bit of both. Through trades or this summer in UFA we need a number one defenseman. And a legitimate pf or two. Berts health is a big factor. Is he done? We need to find out. I believe our best lines are:

Bert-z-brunner

Franzen-dats-ufa or acquired thru trade

Nyquist-fil-sammy or cleary

Abby-helm-tootoo

Obviously injuries affect that a lot. Film should be c on third line but since we have no wings healthy on top 2 lines he has to play out of position. With helm out Abby, tootoo and I'd say miller should be 4th. Tatar on the second until someone else is acquired.

That's just my rough idea. Obviously i d prefer no franzen, Sammy or cleary but we can't just trade them for obvious reason. Hopefully a buyout is done on one with the other on Colo.

Smith-ufa

Ericson-kronner

White-kindl

Maybe Quincey over kindl. I'm not a Quincey hater but I do think he is overpaid and wasn't worth a first. But it is what it is. Smith seemed to be really coming on before he got injured. Kronner is a second line guy. Ericsson is 2nd or 3rd guy. Believe its better if he is 3rd but obviously we need the number one which we desperately lack.

Guys I would consider moving are Tatar, nyquiest, franzen and possibly days or film. Personally I want to keep both film and dats but if they don't want to stay better to get something. This is where Holland needs to see what dats plan is. Does he want to stay? Extend him now if not, maybe he want to go to Russia well better to trade him now. Film I think is more obvious to stay but we don't know what these guys are thinking so Holland needs to find out. Better to trade and get value then let them walk with nothing. But that's Hollands biggest weak spot so I don't see it happening. He is stuck in "two moves and we win the cup" mode. Sadly I predict he makes so more minor Quincey like trades that make me want to puke.

I'd only keep the "Film" if its Kodak. Otherwise I'd trade it for a 3 mega pixel digital camera and an 8x10 to be named later.

Guest DeGraa55

I'd only keep the "Film" if its Kodak. Otherwise I'd trade it for a 3 mega pixel digital camera and an 8x10 to be named later.

Sorry these "smart phones" auto correct everything. Maybe try adding something use full?

Kronwall, Bertuzzi, and Nyquist for Perry.

White, Colo, Franzen, and Mursak for Yandle.

Howard, Samuelsson, and Brunner for Schneider.

Drop Cleary, Abdelkader, and Huskins.

Filppula-Datsyuk-Perry

Tatar-Helm-Zetterberg

Miller-Andersson-Eaves

Ferraro-Emmerton-Tootoo

Callahan-Jarnkrok

Yandle-Ericsson

Smith-Quincey

Kindl-Lashoff

Ouelette

Schneider

Mrazek

:sheep::hysterical: Schneider is playing Luongo back into a job Axe....come on dude. And your overtrading big for everyone.

Well, Calgary is taking a dump, if the Wings can solidify themselves into a playoff spot, what do you guys think the odds are that Holland will try to acquire Inginla? I think if it wouldn't cost too much, that he would help this team a lot...

Igainla is UFA next year so it may just be a rental, so it shouldn't cost as much as some would think. The question is, in Iginla's eyes would he make our team a legit contender? That may prompt him to look elsewhere. I'd see Boston going after him of Alfredsson like TSN stated a week or so ago.

Ya, players like that would only have Detroit on thier list if Detroit were solidly in a playoff spot...if they were struggling to get in or just barely there, I am sure Iginla would rather go somewhere with a better chance... Detroit would have to shape up quickly, rattle off about 10 wins out of 12 and get themselves near the top of the West again in order for them to be on someone's list...Which I hope happens...

If Gaustad and Quincey were worth cost a 1st, what do thing Iginla will cost? And the answer isn't Mursak, Cleary and a 4th.

fixed....Quincey isn't worth the original 4th he was drafted with. But ya, I hear ya! Iginla would certainly cost a 1st AND a top end prospect and maybe a roster player...it would be costly for sure.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opinion/2013/02/30-thoughts-nhl-realignment-still-needs-work.html

Holland is going to wait till the last minute this season to decide to buy or sell.

I think for the Red Wings to be buyers, they would need to be in a playoff spot or have a realistic chance to sneak into a playoff spot. I wouldn't expect any top teir players, but I would think Holland would inquire about veteran 2nd/3rd line forwards, and veteran 2nd/3rd pairing dmen.

For the Red Wings to be sellers, they would have to be well out of a playoff spot with a very very slim chance of securing one of the final spots. I would expect Holland would get offers for Filppula, White and Cleary from playoff bound teams looking for rentals because they are all UFA's. Yes, I said Cleary. I'm sure a playoff team wouldn't mind having Cleary on their 3rd/4th line as a rental, if the price was right. I'm sure Holland will get calls about Howard too, but I'm sure Howard won't be moved. Huskins and Miller are UFA's, but I doubt teams will come calling for them.

I wouldn't expect Quincey, Bertuzzi, Colaiacovo or Samuelsson to be moved. They all have one year remaining on their respective contracts, and the cap is going down next season. I'm sure a lot of teams won't want to absorb more contracts for next season when they have other matters to attend to to get under the lower cap.

Franzen may get some interest, but I doubt the Red Wings will move him.

Well, Calgary is taking a dump, if the Wings can solidify themselves into a playoff spot, what do you guys think the odds are that Holland will try to acquire Inginla? I think if it wouldn't cost too much, that he would help this team a lot...

I think Kenny would have to ask about Bouwmeester too if that's the case. He's overpaid for sure, but there aren't any good UFA defenseman and he's far better than Ian White. I don't know if they have the pieces to even get Bouwmeester and Iginla, but Feaster has made bad moves in the past lol.

I think Kenny would have to ask about Bouwmeester too if that's the case. He's overpaid for sure, but there aren't any good UFA defenseman and he's far better than Ian White. I don't know if they have the pieces to even get Bouwmeester and Iginla, but Feaster has made bad moves in the past lol.

Look at the list from capgeek in the other thread, there's a good amount of UFA Dmen coming up.

Tradable assets: Filppula, Franzine, Quincey, Kindl, Cleary, Nyquist.... may not get much, but they are tradable. Right about now, I just want as many draft picks this year as possible...

Honestly though, I don't expect Holland to do anything, and he damn well better not trade out 1st round pick for a hunk of s*** lower level player...what a dumb ass ******* move that was Holland! I won't forgive you for that one! (That is three things now...)