• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Shaman

Trade Deadline buyers or sellers?

Rate this topic

Holland said he's "waiting to see what kind of team we are". Heck, I can tell you that right now. Slow, inconsistent on offense with a terrible defense and a glass jaw. He doesn't think that needs fixing? The trade deadline only works for A) contending teams who need a small tweak to be complete or B) teams interested in complete and total firesales. I don't see us as either at this point. I think it's going to be a typical Ken Holland deadline. And that means nothing gets done and the team continues to stay the same. I don't even have much confidence for this offseason. If it was that easy to outbid us for Suter (who was a virtual lock for the Wings before Minny swooped in and ruined it), then what hope do we have for Corey Perry? Every team in hockey is going to have an offer on the table for him. If he even makes it free agency. Edler's already off the list, and many believe Getzlaf is as good as a life-long Duck. Iginla WILL NOT make this team the contender we want it to be.

Hollands answer is the best one he can give so far. Everyone knows what he probably is going to do.

Option 1: Keep the team as is, make changes in the off season. He won't pursue any deadline deals for first round draft picks. He may try to trade away some assets, but nothing substantial.

Option 2: Start trading away major portions of the team and rebuild for 2-3 years later. This is less likely, but still possible.

IMHO Holland was hoping for one last hurrah before he retires. i don't think it is going to happen with this team as it currently is made up. If he starts to move veteran players for picks/prospects expect him to be gone after the year and Nil to take over. That way Nil has the picks and money to remake this team in the image Nil wants. By then we also should know if the move to the EC is going to happen which will dictate in part what we need to do.

Brunner replaced Hudler, unles he gets 50-60 goals/season, he wont replace franzen and hudler

Brunner+Nyquist>Hudler+Franzen. Franzen isn't even on pace for 20 goals in an 82 game season so far. Add to that he has no motivation, is s*** in his own end, and is about as physical as a wheelchair bound grandmother, hes not that hard to replace, and doing it with someone on an ELC would be great for the cap situation.