• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#41 mackel

mackel

Bring Back Vernie

• PipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:24 AM

We need to do a bit of both. Through trades or this summer in UFA we need a number one defenseman. And a legitimate pf or two. Berts health is a big factor. Is he done? We need to find out. I believe our best lines are:

Bert-z-brunner
Franzen-dats-ufa or acquired thru trade
Nyquist-fil-sammy or cleary
Abby-helm-tootoo

Obviously injuries affect that a lot. Film should be c on third line but since we have no wings healthy on top 2 lines he has to play out of position. With helm out Abby, tootoo and I'd say miller should be 4th. Tatar on the second until someone else is acquired.

That's just my rough idea. Obviously i d prefer no franzen, Sammy or cleary but we can't just trade them for obvious reason. Hopefully a buyout is done on one with the other on Colo.

Smith-ufa
Ericson-kronner
White-kindl

Maybe Quincey over kindl. I'm not a Quincey hater but I do think he is overpaid and wasn't worth a first. But it is what it is. Smith seemed to be really coming on before he got injured. Kronner is a second line guy. Ericsson is 2nd or 3rd guy. Believe its better if he is 3rd but obviously we need the number one which we desperately lack.

Guys I would consider moving are Tatar, nyquiest, franzen and possibly days or film. Personally I want to keep both film and dats but if they don't want to stay better to get something. This is where Holland needs to see what dats plan is. Does he want to stay? Extend him now if not, maybe he want to go to Russia well better to trade him now. Film I think is more obvious to stay but we don't know what these guys are thinking so Holland needs to find out. Better to trade and get value then let them walk with nothing. But that's Hollands biggest weak spot so I don't see it happening. He is stuck in "two moves and we win the cup" mode. Sadly I predict he makes so more minor Quincey like trades that make me want to puke.

I'd only keep the "Film" if its Kodak. Otherwise I'd trade it for a 3 mega pixel digital camera and an 8x10 to be named later.

#42 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:04 AM

I'd only keep the "Film" if its Kodak. Otherwise I'd trade it for a 3 mega pixel digital camera and an 8x10 to be named later.

Sorry these "smart phones" auto correct everything. Maybe try adding something use full?

#43 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:29 AM

Kronwall, Bertuzzi, and Nyquist for Perry.

White, Colo, Franzen, and Mursak for Yandle.

Howard, Samuelsson, and Brunner for Schneider.

Drop Cleary, Abdelkader, and Huskins.

Filppula-Datsyuk-Perry
Tatar-Helm-Zetterberg
Miller-Andersson-Eaves
Ferraro-Emmerton-Tootoo
Callahan-Jarnkrok

Yandle-Ericsson
Smith-Quincey
Kindl-Lashoff
Ouelette

Schneider
Mrazek

:sheep:  :hysterical: Schneider is playing Luongo back into a job Axe....come on dude.  And your overtrading big for everyone.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#44 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,760 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:11 PM

Well, Calgary is taking a dump, if the Wings can solidify themselves into a playoff spot, what do you guys think the odds are that Holland will try to acquire Inginla? I think if it wouldn't cost too much, that he would help this team a lot...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#45 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:01 PM

Well, Calgary is taking a dump, if the Wings can solidify themselves into a playoff spot, what do you guys think the odds are that Holland will try to acquire Inginla? I think if it wouldn't cost too much, that he would help this team a lot...

Igainla is UFA next year so it may just be a rental, so it shouldn't cost as much as some would think.  The question is, in Iginla's eyes would he make our team a legit contender?  That may prompt him to look elsewhere.  I'd see Boston going after him of Alfredsson like TSN stated a week or so ago.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#46 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:09 PM

If Gaustad and Quincey were worth a 1st, what do thing Iginla will cost?  And the answer isn't Mursak, Cleary and a 4th.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#47 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,760 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:14 PM

Ya, players like that would only have Detroit on thier list if Detroit were solidly in a playoff spot...if they were struggling to get in or just barely there, I am sure Iginla would rather go somewhere with a better chance... Detroit would have to shape up quickly, rattle off about 10 wins out of 12 and get themselves near the top of the West again in order for them to be on someone's list...Which I hope happens...

If Gaustad and Quincey were worth cost a 1st, what do thing Iginla will cost?  And the answer isn't Mursak, Cleary and a 4th.

fixed....Quincey isn't worth the original 4th he was drafted with. But ya, I hear ya! Iginla would certainly cost a 1st AND a top end prospect and maybe a roster player...it would be costly for sure.

www.thinkdunes.com

Dump Q and K Now!

#48 DSM

DSM

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:15 PM

http://www.cbc.ca/sp...needs-work.html

Holland is going to wait till the last minute this season to decide to buy or sell.

I think for the Red Wings to be buyers, they would need to be in a playoff spot or have a realistic chance to sneak into a playoff spot. I wouldn't expect any top teir players, but I would think Holland would inquire about veteran 2nd/3rd line forwards, and veteran 2nd/3rd pairing dmen.

For the Red Wings to be sellers, they would have to be well out of a playoff spot with a very very slim chance of securing one of the final spots. I would expect Holland would get offers for Filppula, White and Cleary from playoff bound teams looking for rentals because they are all UFA's. Yes, I said Cleary. I'm sure a playoff team wouldn't mind having Cleary on their 3rd/4th line as a rental, if the price was right. I'm sure Holland will get calls about Howard too, but I'm sure Howard won't be moved. Huskins and Miller are UFA's, but I doubt teams will come calling for them.

I wouldn't expect Quincey, Bertuzzi, Colaiacovo or Samuelsson to be moved. They all have one year remaining on their respective contracts, and the cap is going down next season. I'm sure a lot of teams won't want to absorb more contracts for next season when they have other matters to attend to to get under the lower cap.

Franzen may get some interest, but I doubt the Red Wings will move him.

#49 stevie for president

stevie for president

Red Blings

• PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:09 PM

I think Kenny would have to ask about Bouwmeester too if that's the case. He's overpaid for sure, but there aren't any good UFA defenseman and he's far better than Ian White. I don't know if they have the pieces to even get Bouwmeester and Iginla, but Feaster has made bad moves in the past lol.

#50 RedWingsExpert1988

RedWingsExpert1988

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:20 PM

i think trading tatar would be absolutely stupid... nyquist on the other hand idk

#51 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:52 AM

I think Kenny would have to ask about Bouwmeester too if that's the case. He's overpaid for sure, but there aren't any good UFA defenseman and he's far better than Ian White. I don't know if they have the pieces to even get Bouwmeester and Iginla, but Feaster has made bad moves in the past lol.

Look at the list from capgeek in the other thread, there's a good amount of UFA Dmen coming up.

#52 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,760 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:18 AM

Tradable assets: Filppula, Franzine, Quincey, Kindl, Cleary, Nyquist.... may not get much, but they are tradable.  Right about now, I just want as many draft picks this year as possible...

Honestly though, I don't expect Holland to do anything, and he damn well better not trade out 1st round pick for a hunk of s*** lower level player...what a dumb ass f****** move that was Holland! I won't forgive you for that one! (That is three things now...)

www.thinkdunes.com

Dump Q and K Now!

#53 Pucks

Pucks

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:55 AM

Sellers obviously, and not any of our young players, that's counter productive.

Welcome to the playoffs....where the games get better and the officiating gets worse.

#54 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,305 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:56 AM

And/Or Blake Wheeler.

Due to his last name be belongs on the Wings
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#55 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:09 AM

I am not sure I would want to see them give up a lot for Iggy. Have you watched him this year??? He is looking like he is done. Jay-Bo or even Cammalarie (spelling) might be better choices. The Jets are looking for picks maybe Wheeler or Ladd might be available

#56 DSM

DSM

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:08 AM

Tradable assets: Filppula, Franzine, Quincey, Kindl, Cleary, Nyquist.... may not get much, but they are tradable.  Right about now, I just want as many draft picks this year as possible...

Honestly though, I don't expect Holland to do anything, and he damn well better not trade out 1st round pick for a hunk of s*** lower level player...what a dumb ass f****** move that was Holland! I won't forgive you for that one! (That is three things now...)

So if I catch your logic... Make the team way worse for draft picks, which have no guarantee of giving the Red Wings any impact players... Smart.

On paper, Quincey was a top 4 dman. That was the going rate for a top 4 guy. Look what Nashville paid for Gaustad, who is a 3rd/4th line forward.

#57 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,008 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

From Sports Illustrated's website:

Rumor: Panthers center Stephen Weiss could be put on the market in a matter of days. When that happens, Detroit will step to the front of the line.

The read: So much for building on last season’s run to the playoffs. The Panthers are a point out of the Eastern cellar at 4-7-4 and allowing a league-worst 3.73 goals-against per game. With a tough skein ahead (Pens twice, Bruins and Flyers), the time to look ahead to next season is about to smack them in the face. The building blocks are in place for the future, but GM Dale Tallon might not see pending UFA Weiss as part of that picture. The former fourth overall pick (2001) has never fully delivered on his potential, so a change of scenery makes sense. Weiss could net the Panthers a mid-to-low first rounder and a solid prospect. The Wings could pull that off. Keep an eye on Jose Theodore, Florida’s other noteworthy UFA-to-be. Jakob Markstrom needs more ice time, so moving Theo makes sense. If the Bruins aren’t comfortable with Anton Khudobin as their backup heading into the postseason, Theodore might make sense in Boston.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#58 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,760 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

So, ok waste out 1st rounder that may get us our future D superstar and lets say Nyquist for a pending UFA? A center we really do not need?

www.thinkdunes.com

Dump Q and K Now!

#59 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,756 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

I'd have no complaints on us having a firesale.

I wouldn't have a problem with this either, but there is a cost to doing so.

How would Red Wings fans feel if they did this and they missed the playoffs for 2-3 seasons in a row?  Would they tolerate that kind of rebuilding?  That is how long it would take to rebuild.  Talk about wasting the talents of Dats and Z.

Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#60 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,760 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

I would give them a 2nd and a prospect, but not our 1st. 

I guess if Babs wanted to reunite the Dats-Z-Brunner line and make Weiss the 2nd line center with Fil and Tatar on his wings, that would make sense, not unless Helm is going to be out for the rest of the season....yikes

I wouldn't have a problem with this either, but there is a cost to doing so.

How would Red Wings fans feel if they did this and they missed the playoffs for 2-3 seasons in a row?  Would they tolerate that kind of rebuilding?  That is how long it would take to rebuild.  Talk about wasting the talents of Dats and Z.

I do not mind the rebuild, but ya, it would waste Dats for sure! If we go into a rebuild mode, he most definitely leaves us after next year, he doesn't want to go through a rebuild at his age. Zetterberg is still here for a while, but still a waste of 3 seasons.

I don't think dumping Franzine and Filppula and Quincey and Kindl means a rebuild, because we already have players in place that can replace their output....Fil would be the only one missed, but he would also bring back the most in return...

Hey, if all Florida wants is a draft pick and prospect for Weiss, offer them Franzine and call it a trade! :ninja:

www.thinkdunes.com

Dump Q and K Now!