• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Shaman

Trade Deadline buyers or sellers?

Rate this topic

I am not sure I would want to see them give up a lot for Iggy. Have you watched him this year??? He is looking like he is done. Jay-Bo or even Cammalarie (spelling) might be better choices. The Jets are looking for picks maybe Wheeler or Ladd might be available

Tradable assets: Filppula, Franzine, Quincey, Kindl, Cleary, Nyquist.... may not get much, but they are tradable. Right about now, I just want as many draft picks this year as possible...

Honestly though, I don't expect Holland to do anything, and he damn well better not trade out 1st round pick for a hunk of s*** lower level player...what a dumb ass f****** move that was Holland! I won't forgive you for that one! (That is three things now...)

So if I catch your logic... Make the team way worse for draft picks, which have no guarantee of giving the Red Wings any impact players... Smart.

On paper, Quincey was a top 4 dman. That was the going rate for a top 4 guy. Look what Nashville paid for Gaustad, who is a 3rd/4th line forward.

From Sports Illustrated's website:

Rumor: Panthers center Stephen Weiss could be put on the market in a matter of days. When that happens, Detroit will step to the front of the line.

The read: So much for building on last season’s run to the playoffs. The Panthers are a point out of the Eastern cellar at 4-7-4 and allowing a league-worst 3.73 goals-against per game. With a tough skein ahead (Pens twice, Bruins and Flyers), the time to look ahead to next season is about to smack them in the face. The building blocks are in place for the future, but GM Dale Tallon might not see pending UFA Weiss as part of that picture. The former fourth overall pick (2001) has never fully delivered on his potential, so a change of scenery makes sense. Weiss could net the Panthers a mid-to-low first rounder and a solid prospect. The Wings could pull that off. Keep an eye on Jose Theodore, Florida’s other noteworthy UFA-to-be. Jakob Markstrom needs more ice time, so moving Theo makes sense. If the Bruins aren’t comfortable with Anton Khudobin as their backup heading into the postseason, Theodore might make sense in Boston.

I'd have no complaints on us having a firesale.

I wouldn't have a problem with this either, but there is a cost to doing so.

How would Red Wings fans feel if they did this and they missed the playoffs for 2-3 seasons in a row? Would they tolerate that kind of rebuilding? That is how long it would take to rebuild. Talk about wasting the talents of Dats and Z.

I would give them a 2nd and a prospect, but not our 1st.

I guess if Babs wanted to reunite the Dats-Z-Brunner line and make Weiss the 2nd line center with Fil and Tatar on his wings, that would make sense, not unless Helm is going to be out for the rest of the season....yikes

I wouldn't have a problem with this either, but there is a cost to doing so.

How would Red Wings fans feel if they did this and they missed the playoffs for 2-3 seasons in a row? Would they tolerate that kind of rebuilding? That is how long it would take to rebuild. Talk about wasting the talents of Dats and Z.

I do not mind the rebuild, but ya, it would waste Dats for sure! If we go into a rebuild mode, he most definitely leaves us after next year, he doesn't want to go through a rebuild at his age. Zetterberg is still here for a while, but still a waste of 3 seasons.

I don't think dumping Franzine and Filppula and Quincey and Kindl means a rebuild, because we already have players in place that can replace their output....Fil would be the only one missed, but he would also bring back the most in return...

Hey, if all Florida wants is a draft pick and prospect for Weiss, offer them Franzine and call it a trade! :ninja:

I hope they are sellers, this team is in it's transistion years and with the upcoming - experts claimed so - strong draft I believe they should look at the big longterm and not the shortterm picture here.

Getting Weiss will for sure cost at least a 2 if not a first rounder and I really hope Holland doesn't repeat his Quincey failure.

Guest The Axe

Axe, your solution is to ice an enhanced Griffins team? That won't work come playoffs.

What playoffs??!!!

Im just not interested in hearing about our "rebuilding". Its absurd. 2 big name wingers in UFA and we are back to competitive. Our defense is freaking good so long as Holland and Babcock dlstay the course with our young and big guys.

Ericsson-Kronwall

Smith-Quincey

Lashoff-Kindl

Sproul-Ouelette

How can you not be excited about that?

Its our forwards that need help. If we can land Selanne and Perry this offseason, we have a shot.

What playoffs??!!!

Im just not interested in hearing about our "rebuilding". Its absurd. 2 big name wingers in UFA and we are back to competitive. Our defense is freaking good so long as Holland and Babcock dlstay the course with our young and big guys.

Ericsson-Kronwall

Smith-Quincey

Lashoff-Kindl

Sproul-Ouelette

Its our forwards that need help. If we can land Selanne and Perry this offseason, we have a shot.

They have potential to both be future top 4 D-men on this team, and I understand the excitement over these guys, but I'll eat my own dick if Sproul and/or Ouelett play on this team regularily anytime within the next two years.

Guest The Axe

They have potential to both be future top 4 D-men on this team, and I understand the excitement over these guys, but I'll eat my own **** if Sproul and/or Ouelett play on this team regularily anytime within the next two years.

This is what Im getting at about Kindl/Lashoff. These giys come around between 25 and 30. Not at 22. Even Smith, Myers, and Hedberg dont look seasoned yet. Chara even took a while! We need to give them the reps and develop them as a unit, though. Playing Huskins,White, and Colo is a waste.

What playoffs??!!!

Ericsson-Kronwall

Smith-Quincey

Lashoff-Kindl

Sproul-Ouelette

Ericsson-Kronwall

Smith-Murray (Scudari)

Dekeyser-Lashoff

Sproul-Ouellet

Looks better to me...

Also, and I'm going to call this my "sleeper" pick, similar to Dabura's Blake Wheeler pick, but I wouldn't be opposed to trading for Erik Cole. Rumor has it Montreal is considering moving him, and if he could be had for one of our throwaway forwards/defensemen and a low pick (3rd or 4th) I'd be thrilled.

Wouldn't overpay, but would love to see him in a Wings sweater. Always liked him.

Edit: Nevermind.

Edited by kipwinger

This is what Im getting at about Kindl/Lashoff. These giys come around between 25 and 30. Not at 22. Even Smith, Myers, and Hedberg dont look seasoned yet. Chara even took a while! We need to give them the reps and develop them as a unit, though. Playing Huskins,White, and Colo is a waste.

I would say that rushing prospects (especially D-men) is as much or more wasteful than plugging the holes with, well, plugs.

I have no problem with Sproul and Oullet playing 2 full seaons in GRs. First year will be an adjustment. Hopefully the second year they dominate, playing big minutes, then make the jump.

Brace yourself to be patient though. It could be 3-4 years instead.

Ericsson-Kronwall

Smith-Murray (Scudari)

Dekeyser-Lashoff

Sproul-Ouellet

Looks better to me...

It would be absolutely retarded to have Sproul and Ouellet on the big club as the #7/8 guys. It would be a complete waste of their potential to have them rotate in and out of the Meech and Kindl seat (press box)... They will be in GR for atleast 2 years before they are a credible threat to unseating any of the teams dmen. Kindl produced at the Junior level too, but he needed 3 years in GR just to be a #7 guy with the Wings...

From Sports Illustrated's website:

Rumor: Panthers center Stephen Weiss could be put on the market in a matter of days. When that happens, Detroit will step to the front of the line.

The read: So much for building on last season’s run to the playoffs. The Panthers are a point out of the Eastern cellar at 4-7-4 and allowing a league-worst 3.73 goals-against per game. With a tough skein ahead (Pens twice, Bruins and Flyers), the time to look ahead to next season is about to smack them in the face. The building blocks are in place for the future, but GM Dale Tallon might not see pending UFA Weiss as part of that picture. The former fourth overall pick (2001) has never fully delivered on his potential, so a change of scenery makes sense. Weiss could net the Panthers a mid-to-low first rounder and a solid prospect. The Wings could pull that off. Keep an eye on Jose Theodore, Florida’s other noteworthy UFA-to-be. Jakob Markstrom needs more ice time, so moving Theo makes sense. If the Bruins aren’t comfortable with Anton Khudobin as their backup heading into the postseason, Theodore might make sense in Boston.

Interesting.

I don't know how they can say "Detroit will step to the front of the line". If Weiss waives his NTC and hits the market, you can bet that teams are going to get into a bidding war over him, and Holland NEVER wins those. Holland will certainly make his pitch, but I can see other team offering a lot more than Holland will.

PLUS, the guy is struggling. He's on pace to put up 3 goals and 12 points in this shortened season. If he keeps that up, I wouldn't want Holland to pay much for him. Mike Ribeiro might hit the market and is on pace for 59 pts...

I would give them a 2nd and a prospect, but not our 1st.

I guess if Babs wanted to reunite the Dats-Z-Brunner line and make Weiss the 2nd line center with Fil and Tatar on his wings, that would make sense, not unless Helm is going to be out for the rest of the season....yikes

I do not mind the rebuild, but ya, it would waste Dats for sure! If we go into a rebuild mode, he most definitely leaves us after next year, he doesn't want to go through a rebuild at his age. Zetterberg is still here for a while, but still a waste of 3 seasons.

I don't think dumping Franzine and Filppula and Quincey and Kindl means a rebuild, because we already have players in place that can replace their output....Fil would be the only one missed, but he would also bring back the most in return...

Hey, if all Florida wants is a draft pick and prospect for Weiss, offer them Franzine and call it a trade! :ninja:

Who replaces Franzen's output? Being as that he led the Wings in goals last season and has 12 points before being injured, I really don't see someone stepping up to replace his output.

Who replaces Franzen's output? Being as that he led the Wings in goals last season and has 12 points before being injured, I really don't see someone stepping up to replace his output.

Brunner has more than replaced his output so far, and he never takes shifts off.

Brunner has more than replaced his output so far, and he never takes shifts off.

I was talking about someone waiting in the minors or a guy on a 3rd or 4th line. Right now, Brunner is on the top line, but Franzen is our second line player. You really can't say that Dats' production replaces Franzen's. So far, we don't have anyone that is able to take over for Franzen's production. Even on the 3rd and 4th lines.

2, or 3 years of "re-building" would be nice...Take a look at teams like Chicago who sucked for nearly a decade before they got the right pieces together, and the NY Islanders have sucked the longest suck of the suck..... :lol:

I wouldn't have a problem with it. The problem is that Wings fans are not that patient. We have been spoiled with 20+ years of success.

Holland said he's "waiting to see what kind of team we are". Heck, I can tell you that right now. Slow, inconsistent on offense with a terrible defense and a glass jaw. He doesn't think that needs fixing? The trade deadline only works for A) contending teams who need a small tweak to be complete or B) teams interested in complete and total firesales. I don't see us as either at this point. I think it's going to be a typical Ken Holland deadline. And that means nothing gets done and the team continues to stay the same. I don't even have much confidence for this offseason. If it was that easy to outbid us for Suter (who was a virtual lock for the Wings before Minny swooped in and ruined it), then what hope do we have for Corey Perry? Every team in hockey is going to have an offer on the table for him. If he even makes it free agency. Edler's already off the list, and many believe Getzlaf is as good as a life-long Duck. Iginla WILL NOT make this team the contender we want it to be.

Edited by DetroitRedWings1993

2, or 3 years of "re-building" would be nice...Take a look at teams like Chicago who sucked for nearly a decade before they got the right pieces together, and the NY Islanders have sucked the longest suck of the suck..... :lol:

I think the Islanders are still recovering from a bad case of Milburyitis. Although, they made playoffs in 2007, where the Oilers and Leafs haven't been since before that.