• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2/23 GDT : Nashville Predators 0 at Red Wings 4

Rate this topic

I agree, but I still think Tatar, Tootoo and Miller have all been better despite playing a fraction of his ice-time.

They have better energy, and with Miller I can somewhat see your argument. But I think Tootoo and Tatar would get exposed defensively if they played Cleary's minutes.

They have better energy, and with Miller I can somewhat see your argument. But I think Tootoo and Tatar would get exposed defensively if they played Cleary's minutes.

You could be right, but personally I think the best defence is playing in the other teams end. Cleary is where puck possession goes to die so he's the last person I'd want playing with a guy like Datsyuk.

We can whatever we want about Abs and Cleary playing with Pavel, but the fact is they have been our best line because Pavel is playing unreal. When all of these injuries mounted, Pavel raised his game to another level and despite having linemates who are not up to his standard, continues to make stuff happen. Hank's line has been invisible though, which is not acceptable given the fact that Hank has 2 far better players playing with him than Pavel does.

Also, Howard continues to impress, and our bottom 6 is looking good.

You could be right, but personally I think the best defence is playing in the other teams end. Cleary is where puck possession goes to die so he's the last person I'd want playing with a guy like Datsyuk.

I'm guessing Babs likes him because he's a utility guy.

Don't get me wrong Cleary sure hasn't been setting the world on fire this season, but he can play the PP, PK, and is defensively responsible. Even when he is playing well his game is ugly. And when he's not, it's even uglier.

But I think he's been fine this game. Had some good chances, taking abuse in front of the net screening Rinne. Was good on the PK.

What exactly has Cleary done that's been so awful this game?

If the best thing you can say about a player is that he's not doing awful things, it's not a good sign.

My main problem with Abdelkader and Cleary with Datsyuk is that it's so, so obvious neither of them understands how to play with him. They're never ready for the give-and-go passes, they're always a step behind from getting to the open areas, and obviously neither of them can score on the chances he gives them. Datsyuk is creating magic out there, but it's wasted on 2 guys who think hockey on a much lower level.

Tatar looks on fire, he's everwhere winning pucks and making good plays. He's got good hands around the net, as well as the vision to make good passes. Having him on the 3rd line does give us some more scoring depth, but the reasonable thing to do would be to switch him with either Cleary or Abby.

Frustrating...

And Zetterberg's line is looking weak. A lot of time spent defensively.

If your watching on NHLN we can ***** about Don Cherry

Is it just me, or his suit a bit muted tonight?

Nothing to whine about, and nothing to comment on much. We can analyze, but it's hard to write comprehensive posts and watch at the same time.

Plus I was busy flossing.

If the best thing you can say about a player is that he's not doing awful things, it's not a good sign.

My main problem with Abdelkader and Cleary with Datsyuk is that it's so, so obvious neither of them understands how to play with him. They're never ready for the give-and-go passes, they're always a step behind from getting to the open areas, and obviously neither of them can score on the chances he gives them. Datsyuk is creating magic out there, but it's wasted on 2 guys who think hockey on a much lower level.

Tatar looks on fire, he's everwhere winning pucks and making good plays. He's got good hands around the net, as well as the vision to make good passes. Having him on the 3rd line does give us some more scoring depth, but the reasonable thing to do would be to switch him with either Cleary or Abby.

Frustrating...

And Zetterberg's line is looking weak. A lot of time spent defensively.

I'd go so far to say he's having a good game.

I can completely understand people being frustrated with line combos and even ice time. But it's snowballed to the point where people ***** about Cleary as if he can't even skate, when he's actually been good this game.

It's nice to see the Wings with a 3 goal lead. They aren't outplaying the Preds by any stretch of the imagination. That Nashville team is very disciplined and has quite a few plays that lead to great scoring chances. I wonder if we could trade Babcock and his staff for Trotz's crew? Has anything like that ever been done? Of course, Barry wouldn't accept that deal. Interesting to speculate how Trotz would manage the Wings.