• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2/23 GDT : Nashville Predators 0 at Red Wings 4

Rate this topic

He's been okay. Nice tip for the goal. But it's not like he has set the world on fire. He's ben exceptionally bad this season so he needs many more decent games before I think he has a place in the top 6.

There would be a lot less Cleary 'hate' if he didn't get 20 minutes of icetime on Datsyuk's wing even when struggling badly.

He was screening and frustrating Rinne on kronwall's goal. 4 SOG, a couple of which were good scoring chances. He made some really nice plays on the PK. Great redirection for his goal, after taking a shot to the helmet earlier standing in front of the net. Even made a nice clear when the Preds were buzzing at the end trying to spoil Jimmy's shutout.

If it were anyone but Clearly, people would be saying he had a great game.

i like when gamecenter doesnt flick the switch and i can see some red wings live - see how long this lasts.

EDIT: Not long cut off during the Howard interview

Edited by metalkorn

Cleary gets a tipped garbage goal on a PP and suddenly he's awesome? NOT! Tatar looks like a 2nd liner, Cleary doesn't. Tatar scored and played well even strength all night. Cleary had a better than usual game but he gets the majority of his chances because of Dats. Hell even Franzen can stand in front of the net.

esteef

Great win tonight! Every win is big, but ending a 5 game losing streak is huge! Getting a 4-0 shutout is even better! BTW average Howard out played renni big time. The Preds out shot us 33 to 27 or something like that. A much needed 2 points.

Was Kronwall paired with Big E all night? I noticed the D pairings at the top of the thread, and I was hopeful. Someone in Detroit read my post!

Even Babcock said the goal tending needed to be better so the Howard lovers need to calm down. He stepped up and answered the call today. Consistency has always been his problem so if he can keep it going that will be great for us.

I still think it's a waste to have Cleary and Abs on a line with Dats... Put Tatar on his line or something.

See how much better this team is without Quincey? Bench him and Franzen permanently...the Kids are way better.

Yea, Franzen being out of the lineup really has resulted in a hot streak. Oh wait, this is their first win since he has been out of the lineup and they broke a 5 game losing streak.

Quincey, I do agree with you. He hasn't played well.

Cleary gets a tipped garbage goal on a PP and suddenly he's awesome? NOT! Tatar looks like a 2nd liner, Cleary doesn't. Tatar scored and played well even strength all night. Cleary had a better than usual game but he gets the majority of his chances because of Dats. Hell even Franzen can stand in front of the net.

esteef

I'm not really defending Cleary, but that wasn't a garbage goal. The shot was going wide and tipped it right out of mid air. That takes some skill.

See how much better this team is without Quincey? Bench him and Franzen permanently...the Kids are way better.

How have they played better as a team without Franzen? This is the first game they have won. No Franzen means Cleary and Abdelkader in the top-six and in no way are they better suited for the role than Franzen.

I'm by no means a huge Franzen fan, though I think he was actually playing well before the injury. The Red Wings really need him back soon.

I'm not really defending Cleary, but that wasn't a garbage goal. The shot was going wide and tipped it right out of mid air. That takes some skill.

By "garbage goal" I meant the 4th goal late in the game in a 4-0 win. It definitely took skill.

esteef

I said "...how much better this is without Quincey" I never said Franzen in that sentence. Tatar is ready to be here permanently...and not in the bottom 6. I said keep Franzen off permanently, Kids are way better. But my reference to the team playing better was against Quincey...

Quincey is +10 so I don't think his playing would have all the sudden turned this game into a loss, its more likely to have ended his point drought and possibly extended the lead by a goal or 2.

The difference was Kronwall and Cleary having their best games of the season and Howard finding the form he had against LA.

Also Franzen is better than both the kids playing forward right now, Tatar isn't far behind, but Andersson isn't anywhere near as good as Mule