• Please log in to reply
295 replies to this topic

#261 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:36 PM

Cleary gets a tipped garbage goal on a PP and suddenly he's awesome?  NOT!  Tatar looks like a 2nd liner, Cleary doesn't.  Tatar scored and played well even strength all night.  Cleary had a better than usual game but he gets the majority of his chances because of Dats.  Hell even Franzen can stand in front of the net.

esteef

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#262 Xitium

Xitium

Super Lurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

Cleary obviously got confidence from someone bumping his appreciation thread earlier today.

If you start a new thread within two hours after a Wings game, specifically a loss, YOU ARE WRONG.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#263 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,396 posts

Very nice win to end the losing streak. Played 60 minutes and held onto the lead.

Jimmy was excellent, especially in the first. Tatar, Lashoff and Kronner also had strong nights.

It feels great to see a victory. Gotta be a relief for the guys too.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#264 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Great win tonight! Every win is big, but ending a 5 game losing streak is huge! Getting a 4-0 shutout is even better! BTW average Howard out played renni big time. The Preds out shot us 33 to 27 or something like that. A much needed 2 points.

#265 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:12 PM

Was Kronwall paired with Big E all night?  I noticed the D pairings at the top of the thread, and I was hopeful.  Someone in Detroit read my post! 

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#266 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:14 PM

Even Babcock said the goal tending needed to be better so the Howard lovers need to calm down. He stepped up and answered the call today. Consistency has always been his problem so if he can keep it going that will be great for us.

I still think it's a waste to have Cleary and Abs on a line with Dats... Put Tatar on his line or something.

#267 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,044 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:15 PM

I dont know how everyone else feels, but TaTar and Andersson have done an outstanding job as the third line. To me they have to stay up for the foreseeable future at least.

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#268 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,396 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:18 PM

Was Kronwall paired with Big E all night?  I noticed the D pairings at the top of the thread, and I was hopeful.  Someone in Detroit read my post! 

Yes, E was with Kronwall. Lashoff and White, then Huskins/Kindl were the other pairings.

#269 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:21 PM

All 3 D pairs played well. Very few turnovers and no dumb pen's. Good job by all 6 guys tonight.

#270 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,736 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:25 PM

See how much better this team is without Quincey? Bench him and Franzen permanently...the Kids are way better.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#271 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:32 PM

See how much better this team is without Quincey? Bench him and Franzen permanently...the Kids are way better.

Yea, Franzen being out of the lineup really has resulted in a hot streak.  Oh wait, this is their first win since he has been out of the lineup and they broke a 5 game losing streak.

Quincey, I do agree with you.  He hasn't played well.

Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#272 PavelValerievichDatsyuk

PavelValerievichDatsyuk

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:33 PM

Cleary gets a tipped garbage goal on a PP and suddenly he's awesome?  NOT!  Tatar looks like a 2nd liner, Cleary doesn't.  Tatar scored and played well even strength all night.  Cleary had a better than usual game but he gets the majority of his chances because of Dats.  Hell even Franzen can stand in front of the net.

esteef

I'm not really defending Cleary, but that wasn't a garbage goal. The shot was going wide and tipped it right out of mid air. That takes some skill.

#273 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,396 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:36 PM

How have they played better as a team without Franzen? This is the first game they have won. No Franzen means Cleary and Abdelkader in the top-six and in no way are they better suited for the role than Franzen.

I'm by no means a huge Franzen fan, though I think he was actually playing well before the injury. The Red Wings really need him back soon.

#274 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:43 PM

I'm not really defending Cleary, but that wasn't a garbage goal. The shot was going wide and tipped it right out of mid air. That takes some skill.

By "garbage goal" I meant the 4th goal late in the game in a 4-0 win.  It definitely took skill.

esteef

#275 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,736 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:44 PM

I said "...how much better this is without Quincey"  I never said Franzen in that sentence.  Tatar is ready to be here permanently...and not in the bottom 6.  I said keep Franzen off permanently, Kids are way better. But my reference to the team playing better was against Quincey...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#276 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:45 PM

Quincey is +10 so I don't think his playing would have all the sudden turned this game into a loss, its more likely to have ended his point drought and possibly extended the lead by a goal or 2.

The difference was Kronwall and Cleary having their best games of the season and Howard finding the form he had against LA.

Also Franzen is better than both the kids playing forward right now, Tatar isn't far behind, but Andersson isn't anywhere near as good as Mule

#277 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

Whoever said Cleary's goal was garbage put down the bottle or pipe PLEASE.

Not a Cleary fan really but his goal was not garbage. Sorry.

Nice ass tip if there ever was one

#278 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:58 PM

Whoever said Cleary's goal was garbage put down the bottle or pipe PLEASE.

Not a Cleary fan really but his goal was not garbage. Sorry.

Nice ass tip if there ever was one

See above.

esteef

#279 King Crane

King Crane

3rd Line Checker

• Silver Booster
  • 387 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:12 PM

esteef

When I saw Cleary got credit for the goal, my first thought was "yah! This will increase his trade value".

"I'll smile in June" - Jimmy Howard 

#280 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:17 PM

When I saw Cleary got credit for the goal, my first thought was "yah! This will increase his trade value".

Nope. Band will put him with z and Brunner now and he will lead the team in mins. He is to the wings that Inge was to the tigers. And fans are acting the same way.