• Please log in to reply
295 replies to this topic

#21 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,496 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:52 PM

neither belongs there, it should be tots-datsyuk- maybe eaves until franzen comes back, not this cleary and abby crap

By "tots" are you referring to Tootoo, or possibly Tatar?

IMHO Tootoo on the 2nd line makes sense; he creates havoc, has  good speed, and is fearless about going into corners, and can create space for his linemates...Can't say that about most of our healthy forwards.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#22 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,942 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:15 PM

Riff-raff. Street rat. I don't buy that. If ooonly we had Hooossaaaa....

• Nev likes this

Don't Toews me, bro!

#23 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:21 PM

Howard again? Damn

#24 CaliforniaWingsFan

CaliforniaWingsFan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:36 PM

Wow Howard's stats are awful...

#25 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:40 PM

It's pretty sad I agree looking at Howards numbers. Sure we can blame the defence hanging him out to dry. But is our defense really that terrible compared to the rest of the NHL?

#26 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,210 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:45 PM

It's pretty sad I agree looking at Howards numbers. Sure we can blame the defence hanging him out to dry. But is our defense really that terrible compared to the rest of the NHL?

Unfortunately, yeah. It kind of is.

Howard has been OK, he's had some great games and there have been some close ones. He needs more support but yeah those numbers are pretty unflattering.

Real tough stretch of games coming up, and the Wings need all the points they can get, especially the 2 points tonight.

Posted Image

#27 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:53 PM

What are the odds Abdelkader scores one tonight?

#28 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,863 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:56 PM

About the same as the odds that Lashoff will.  Or Cleary.  Heck, at this point it seems like anyone can score, but they rarely do.

It also seems like all we have to do is start yanking their yambags around here and they score, so maybe Abby is due.

#29 Ram

Ram

Goose

• Bronze Booster
  • 757 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:59 PM

Please win. Go Wings.

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#30 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,415 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

He had two good chances last game so it is possible.

I think Abby is 'trying out' for Cleary's spot next year. He has the tools to be the Homer/Cleary type workhorse on a skilled line or play the 3rd/4th line role, and we're seeing if he can put it together. However, he and Cleary together make no sense with Dats and that line doesn't help the team as much as if Tatar would take one of their spots.

#31 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

your god damn right Abby is due. 0 Goals and he's playing with Pavel freakin' Datsyuk. I will likely lose my **** tonight if Cleary and Abs post giant gooseggs

#32 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:09 PM

He had two good chances last game so it is possible.

I think Abby is 'trying out' for Cleary's spot next year. He has the tools to be the Homer/Cleary type workhorse on a skilled line or play the 3rd/4th line role, and we're seeing if he can put it together. However, he and Cleary together make no sense with Dats and that line doesn't help the team as much as if Tatar would take one of their spots.

This all day.  I'd like to see Tatar-Dats-Abby as the 2nd. Babs can pick who he wants out of Flip or Cleary on the top line with Z and Brunner until injured players come back.

esteef

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#33 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,505 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:14 PM

A Tatar-Datsyuk-Tootoo second line would be better than that garbage. Tootoo has shown more offensive affinity than Abdelkader, or even Cleary as of late.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#34 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:18 PM

Yes.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#35 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:30 PM

Well we can agree the breakaway's and odd man rushes don't happen nearly as much at least. Compared to earlier in the year

#36 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

We haven't won 14-3 for a while, I got a feeling tonight could be the night..........Datsyuk with a goal and 13 assists.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#37 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:02 PM

2nd Line: Cleary-Datsyuk-Abdelkader

#38 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:54 PM

I just hope we don't go up 2-0...

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#39 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:56 PM

We haven't won 14-3 for a while, I got a feeling tonight could be the night..........Datsyuk with a goal and 13 assists.

Dude....I want whatever you are smoking,Rinne will never let in 14 goals

#40 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,863 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:12 PM

Ah, remember the days when we used to predict 14-3 wins and think about how cool it would be if it actually happened?

Now you can't do it because it would involve a 2-point lead at some point. :(

Dude....I want whatever you are smoking,Rinne will never let in 14 goals

You're right!  He'll be pulled after 13!

Just kidding you. (You seem like a fun kind of person, so no offense intended.)

Back in the day, we used to predict 14-3 wins all the time, just for fun because it sounded like a football score.  Of course, that was back when we used to win a lot.

I hope we win because I have a personal superstition that if we lose to Nashville I can't listen to Mrs. Mike Fisher until either we win a game or Nashville loses one, and I do like Mrs. Fisher.

• Nev likes this