• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,871 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

Can't find a shorter video but this covers it. 

Clowe came off the bench to go after Shaw for his hit on Pavelski.  Officials have ruled it was not a line change.  

Clowe was deemed by officials to have come off bench for purposes of starting altercation with CHI's Andrew Shaw in final 10 seconds.

Clowe has been offered in-person hearing, which would allow NHL discretion to suspend 6 or more games if it chooses.

One option is auto 10-game suspension but that carries with it one-game suspension for head coach. McClellan coaching is coaching tonight.

#2 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,561 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:38 PM

Clowe is such a stupid piece of trash.  Remember against the Kings when he played the puck from the bench to break up a rush on the King's power play.  Classless piece of garbage!

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#3 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

This might be a minority opinion, but I would love Clowe as a member of the Red Wings. Same with Backes, though he has more skill to his game than Clowe does.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#4 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,561 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:44 PM

This might be a minority opinion, but I would love Clowe as a member of the Red Wings. Same with Backes, though he has more skill to his game than Clowe does.

Yes to Backes, no to Clowe.  Backes gets penalized for being too brutal.  Clowe gets penalized for being too stupid.  Clowe is Keith Tkackuk without the scoring. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#5 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:01 PM

If you're gonna suspend Clowe for coming off the bench, at least let him kick Shaw's ass.  Shaw flopped to the ice like a little b**** knowing an ass-whippin was coming.  Pathetic.

esteef

Edited by esteef, 23 February 2013 - 06:03 PM.

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#6 AusWing40

AusWing40

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:01 PM

Watched this live and thought no way can they say that's a line change everyone who skates toward the bench turned after the hit and then clowe comes from the bench

#7 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:13 PM

Backes, Clowe anybidy with the BALLS are more than needed.
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#8 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:13 PM

Don't think it was a good idea for him to come off the bench to do it, but I don't blame anyone on the Sharks for taking a run at Shaw for that hit, could have been Lemieux/Draper part 2.  I catch enough Blackhawks games to realize that I really don't like Andrew Shaw, he acts like he's gunning for Matt Cooke's title of dirtiest player in the NHL.

Back on topic, if the officials ruled that Clowe came off the bench, then he should be suspended, that rule exists for a very good reason.

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#9 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

From Toronto Star:

San Jose Sharks forward Ryane Clowe has been suspended two games without pay by the NHL for instigating a fight late in Friday night’s 2-1 loss to Chicago.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#10 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,871 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:21 PM

So now it wasn't coming off the bench to start a fight, but he's still suspended? 

It's disappointing every time Shanaban and the disciplinary committee just make crap up as they go along. 

If it was a legal line change, then it really wasn't much of anything to warrant 2 games.  If it wasn't, then it's 10 games.

#11 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:37 PM

So now it wasn't coming off the bench to start a fight, but he's still suspended? 

It's disappointing every time Shanaban and the disciplinary committee just make crap up as they go along. 

If it was a legal line change, then it really wasn't much of anything to warrant 2 games.  If it wasn't, then it's 10 games.

I don't remember who used the term, but when I saw this weekend they were referencing his hearing was for 'coming off the bench with the intent to start an altercation'.  Not for an illegal line change, but legally with the intent to start an altercation.  If you go back a year or so, same thing Jean-Francois Jacques was suspended for when he was with the Ducks.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#12 Gordie Howe hat trick

Gordie Howe hat trick

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

Shhhhhh, they aren't counting on the fans knowing the rules on paper, So they make it up in practice.

"If a guy slashed me, I'd grab his stick, pull him up alongside me and elbow him in the head."

-Gordon "Gordie" Howe-

Overall 3 Gordie Howe hat trick 113 points
2011 playoff pick game

#13 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:55 PM

Edited by dirtydangles, 25 February 2013 - 09:21 PM.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#14 Holmstrom96

Holmstrom96

Banned Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:06 PM

He didn't illegally come off the bench.  The replays clearly show he was standing BEFORE Shaw even boarded Pavelski.

He's being suspended for coming off the bench legally to start an altercation.  He is guilty of it, but I don't think he should cost him two games.  Maybe fines and one game at most.

If anything, I'm much more concerned about the Lemieux-Draper style boarding that Shaw did.  I think that Shaw should be more likely to be suspended in that play, not Clowe.

Clowe is an ass-hat, but he responded appropriately for what he just watched right in front of him.  It's too bad McCarty had to wait a year to beat Claudia and couldn't take care of business on the spot.

#15 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:00 PM

Do we really care if someone runs stupid pavelski and his stupid face into the boards and breaks his stupid face up? hahahaha

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#16 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,448 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:50 AM

He didn't illegally come off the bench.  The replays clearly show he was standing BEFORE Shaw even boarded Pavelski.

He's being suspended for coming off the bench legally to start an altercation.  He is guilty of it, but I don't think he should cost him two games.  Maybe fines and one game at most.

If anything, I'm much more concerned about the Lemieux-Draper style boarding that Shaw did.  I think that Shaw should be more likely to be suspended in that play, not Clowe.

Clowe is an ass-hat, but he responded appropriately for what he just watched right in front of him.  It's too bad McCarty had to wait a year to beat Claudia and couldn't take care of business on the spot.

What?  Not illegal change because he was already standing?  What are you talking about?

I agree with the sentiments suggested earlier.  If it was deemed that he did not leave the bench to start a fight (legal line change), then why was he suspended at all?  The league has a rule, automatic 10 game suspension for leaving the bench to start a fight, but they have a really hard time enforcing it.  They will do everything they can to wiggle around that....unless it is a goon coming off the bench of course, that would be an easy call for them to make.

#17 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:15 AM

Clowe is a very lucky player. He couldn't possibly be that smart to know that what he was doing wasn't going to be a ten-game vacation. Shanahan can't read the mind of Clowe; Clowe would have to have enough of a brain to bee able to do that.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#18 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:43 AM

What?  Not illegal change because he was already standing?  What are you talking about?

I agree with the sentiments suggested earlier.  If it was deemed that he did not leave the bench to start a fight (legal line change), then why was he suspended at all?  The league has a rule, automatic 10 game suspension for leaving the bench to start a fight, but they have a really hard time enforcing it.  They will do everything they can to wiggle around that....unless it is a goon coming off the bench of course, that would be an easy call for them to make.

Those are actually two different things.  An illegal line change to start a fight, or join one, is 10-game automatic.  A legal line change with the intent of starting an altercation is subject to SD.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30