Please let this happen.

bringit.jpg

#2 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,919 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

No thanks, I don't like those 7 and 8 team divisions. Plus I don't like how you only play the teams outside your division only once. All it means is more priority games, and the owners can charge even more for tickets.

I still don't understand what's wrong with the 6 divisions. Just move Winnipeg West and Columbus East.

Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#3 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:48 PM

Agree with the above post, but if this can actually happen, I'd be for it for sure.

#4 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:49 PM

No thanks, I don't like those 7 and 8 team divisions. Plus I don't like how you only play the teams outside your division only once. 

Every team plays home and home against all teams outside division per Friedman

bringit.jpg

#5 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,919 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:51 PM

Every team plays home and home against all teams outside division per Friedman

Still, more "Priority Games" that owners can jack up the price for.

Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#6 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:52 PM

id love this it be about time the redwings come back to the east . we'd have to get a bit tougher though with the bruins being in our division we'd have get rid of some scraps like samuelsson and add gritty guys

also another thing i HATE about these conferenoces is bettman wants to make the best 4 teams per division make the playoffs and 1st round matchups will be division series  i want the best 8 to get in regardless and same seeding now 1 vs 8    2 vs 7 etc ...

#7 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:53 PM

On one hand....YES! More games vs Tor, Mon, Bos, etc..... On the other hand....Yikes! we have to play those teams!

#8 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:54 PM

II: BOS/BUF/DET/FLA/MON/OTT/TB/TOR

Please let this happen.

I logged in just to complain about this...  I know some might remember me being vocal on this.  I got little problem with the idea... but why must they make 8 and 7 team conferences?!?!? that just isn't fair.  Why not just move Detroit East if you are going to do that?  I just don't get that crap at all.  If the only change they made was moving Detroit east then the playoffs won't be ruined and no one has a statistically worse chance of making the playoffs.  The only people screwed are Columbus and they don't deserve anything anyways.    I am again tweeting with the #moveDetroitEast and #nounbalancedconferences tags.  I want to see us play boston Mon Ott and TOR more... but I don't want us missing the playoffs because we have to play against 8 teams instead of 7... that is bulls***.

"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#9 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:54 PM

On one hand....YES! More games vs Tor, Mon, Bos, etc..... On the other hand....Yikes! we have to play those teams!

Meh, only Boston out of the other 7 is a scary opponent.

bringit.jpg

#10 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:56 PM

No thanks, I don't like those 7 and 8 team divisions. Plus I don't like how you only play the teams outside your division only once. All it means is more priority games, and the owners can charge even more for tickets.

I still don't understand what's wrong with the 6 divisions. Just move Winnipeg West and Columbus   Detroit East.

Fixed it for you.

Oh and btw, every single one of those teams is a better team than us right now.  Save maybe Florida and Buffalo unless they get their issues fixed.

Also, move Florida to another city please.

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#11 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:01 PM

I like it...didn't mind the previous one with the more central based teams either...how can you not like so much original 6 play and less Columbus and Nashville?

#12 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:02 PM

Based on timeline Daly gave me recently, NHL wants realignmentwrapped up in next week.

Anyone miss facing Chicago 6 times a season?

Edited by irishock, 23 February 2013 - 10:03 PM.

bringit.jpg

#13 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:05 PM

Now I disappear again... good bye. 

#14 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:15 PM

If this happens we will need to beef up, maybe even goon up , lordy lordy.

If this happens we will need to beef up, maybe even goon up , lordy lordy.

#15 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:18 PM

This is outstanding for hockey in general. This division would easily be the most watched. Huge market teams, plus Boston and Toronto at the Joe a couple times a year. Please send this through. You people in this forum that whine and complain that the Wings don't fight enough, you should be happy.

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#16 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:19 PM

If this is to happen-who the hell knows, get it done quick so we have time to adjust. For better or worse the east is far more physical than the west is.

#17 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,244 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:24 PM

I love this. Wish they would just swap Detroit and Winnipeg to keep it balanced between east/west, but geographically it makes sense to move Columbus as well. Not really fair to the divisions with eight teams compared to seven.

However, Toronto, Boston and Montreal is a beautiful thing. How can any Red Wings fan not like that over Nashville and Columbus?

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#18 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:28 PM

Will miss Chicago games but they will still play. Being in the east where Detroit belongs, along with playing Montreal and Toronto a lot will be a real treat. Not to mention being in a big division with Tampa and seeing Stamkos, Lecavalier, St. Louis and etc... yeah we need this.

#19 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:31 PM

I likey ... I think.  

#20 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:33 PM

If this is to happen-who the hell knows, get it done quick so we have time to adjust. For better or worse the east is far more physical than the west is.

Ugh what?  No it's not...

Posted Image