• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest irishock

Red Wings to be in an Eastern conference in latest NHL/NHLPA proposal

Rate this topic

awesome.

i don't care about the uneven conferences. the fact that we don't have to stay up until 1am to watch games more than makes up for that. time to enjoy the cake walk travel schedule that the eastern teams have enjoyed for years.

one bad thing i see coming from this is an increase in ticket prices for all the original 6 games. good luck trying to get a home game against toronto at decent prices

I live in the west and I am still happy about this..less games in my time zone but less travel for the Wings.

Sweet!!!! forgot all about Train trips to Toronto... Does the Deteoit to Toronto train still run or do we have to hook it up in Windsor?

Beer car for a coulple hours.... Memories....this is going to be a good thing being East

great stuff man ! now can go to like ottawa and buffalo where theres actually seats available to watch wings

now we just need to add some 2-3 players with size and toughness to compete with the bruins

I cant like this enough!!! We need to muscle up!!

Not sure if I'm looking forward to matchups against the Leafs and Bruins with this roster.

Will be fun just to see a change, though.

Those matchups are most of the reason I would like to see Clowe on the roster next season (although I don't think he is in Orr's class).

Sweet!!!! forgot all about Train trips to Toronto... Does the Deteoit to Toronto train still run or do we have to hook it up in Windsor?

Beer car for a coulple hours.... Memories....this is going to be a good thing being East

You probably have to go to Windsor. The train station in Detroit closed in 1988.

I'll miss the Blackhawks rivalry, but look forward to playing the Leafs more, and certainly won't miss those late starts.

Here's what I'd do if I had my way

Northeast

Toronto

Montreal

Ottawa

Boston

Buffalo

New York Rangers

New York Islanders

Atlantic

Pittsburgh

Philadelphia

New Jersey

Flordia

Tampa Bay

Carolina

Washington

Midwest

Chicago

Detroit

Winnipeg

St. Louis

Columbus

Minnesota

Nashville

Dallas

Pacific

Phoenix

San Jose

Los Angeles

Anaheim

Colorado

Calgary

Edmonton

Vancouver

We also need to remember Phoenix may move to Quebec City so what happens then? Do they flip Detroit back to West?

Under my plan is IF and When Phoenix moves it will become a 15/15 confrence with Quebec City/Phoenix goign to the Northeast.

Putting the Devils in a different division from the Islanders and Rangers wouldn't make any sense. They all practically play in the same city.

I think the idea of a team coming to Quebec City is more wishful thinking than anything else. There are much larger markets that would love an NHL franchise, like Portland and Seattle. Given all of the Candadiens' history, why would anyone in that province support anyone else but them? It'd be like putting a team in Grand Rapids. Hell, if I were the league, I'd approve of them moving to Milwaukee before Quebec.

With this setup, the Red Wings will be back with their traditional, regional arch rival, the Maple Leafs. Splitting those two up back in 1999 was a mistake.

We also need to remember Phoenix may move to Quebec City so what happens then? Do they flip Detroit back to West?

Under my plan is IF and When Phoenix moves it will become a 15/15 confrence with Quebec City/Phoenix goign to the Northeast.

If Phoenix ends up moving don't forget that Seattle and KC are in the running for teams too. KC nearly had the Pens a few years ago. When they say re-evaluate in a couple years, I think that basically means, how well are the Islanders, Panthers and Devils financially and could they potentially move to a Western city. After a couple years of the Wings playing the Rangers, Bruins, Leafs and Canadiens, the NHL would have to be nuts to send us back to the West. I think we're in the East for good guys. Hallelujah!

You probably have to go to Windsor. The train station in Detroit closed in 1988.

I'll miss the Blackhawks rivalry, but look forward to playing the Leafs more, and certainly won't miss those late starts.

Yeah the giant train station closed then, but there's an Amtrak station in Detroit.

I believe they cut all Michigan passenger rail links with Ontario a few years back. I used to take the blue water line from Flint, through Sarnia, and on to Toronto. Then it was axed suddenly during the Bush years :(