• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2/24 GDT : Canucks 3 at Red Wings 8

Rate this topic

Tootoo is Tootoo... 3 years will not be enough... small guy with big heart and event bigger balls.

Brunner is Brett Hull 2.0 Kenny needs to sign him for the next 5 seasons

Brett Hull? Really? Don't get too excited. I don't see Brunner scoring 741 goals....when Hull was Brunner's age he score 86 goals and followed that with 70 the following year...Brunner is good, he will probably be the best scorer we've had since Hossa left, but Brett Hull? That's asking a lot!

Brett Hull? Really? Don't get too excited. I don't see Brunner scoring 741 goals....when Hull was Brunner's age he score 86 goals and followed that with 70 the following year...Brunner is good, he will probably be the best scorer we've had since Hossa left, but Brett Hull? That's asking a lot!

Pretty much things have changed in past 30 years. Lets not start comparing Nhl 25 years ago and now. Brunner will never score 700 goals but who will Stamkos, Ovechkin??? So far Brunner has been in top 10 goalscorer in todays NHL reality and that's huge

Is it just me, or is this season more interesting and exciting to watch then the years when we'd steamroll the West? With the way the League is set up and 8 teams making the playoffs, our season was usually done by December. This year regular season games mean more.

I'm not being ungrateful, I've appreciated everything I've watched the last 21 years with this team, but I find myself watching more regular season games this year.

Guest irishock

I'm watching more but it's due to the extended lockout, not the talent level of this roster.

Guest Johnz96

Goalies had much smaller equipment then and it was heavier, less flexible and not scientifically engineered to absorb rebounds

Very convincing win. As for Brunner, the Hull comparison is way off. Brett Hull is a generational talent. I'd compare Brunner to like a Alex Semin 2.0. Great game from start to finish. Literally in a weekend we went from 11th place to 5th.

WTF is all this 2.0 bull? Can't a player be a player? Brunner is Brunner...period. He has 10 goals in 19 games, which would equate to apprx. 42 goals over an entire season. He is/was a great find and we have Stacy Roest to thank for him, not Andersson, not Holland. He should be re-signed, he should get about $2M and he should be our best scorer since Hossa. He has proven he can play in the NHL and deserves to stay. No way Holland lets this guy walk, he didn't cost him an asset or a draft pick. He is found money basically. But in no way is he anyone 2.0...he is Damien Brunner and he has arrived in the NHL...Thank you Stacy.

Is it just me, or is this season more interesting and exciting to watch then the years when we'd steamroll the West? With the way the League is set up and 8 teams making the playoffs, our season was usually done by December. This year regular season games mean more.

I'm not being ungrateful, I've appreciated everything I've watched the last 21 years with this team, but I find myself watching more regular season games this year.

I can see how some would feel that way but I've just never been that way myself personally.

If it were up to me I'd have the Wings win every game ever very handily. Seeing my sports teams dominate just never gets old to me no matter what the degree of difficulty. If I'm rooting for a particular team then a close win doesn't really make the game any more exciting for me. I just want the win.

But again, that's just me.

Edited by Red Wings Addict

I feel exact same way!! Hell I nearly drove my jeep off the road listening to them on radio today!

I love being a raging fan invested in every game for once instead of waiting till 2nd round if playoffs

That sounds a little bandwagoning but not how I intended it

Edited by beachwing

Heck of a job today. This was a laugher in our favor for a change. Offsets the 1st game of the year. is it just me, or does Loungo seem to have a histroy of these types of games. yes he is a good G, but he does seem to have more than his far share of these types of games. Butt hen again he has been around forever, so maybe it is all blending together......

Wow. When I left the score was tied. I was shocked to see the outcome.

Man Luongo needs to get out of Vancouver. Sounded like he was awful tonight, but leaving him in for the whole game is telling. As is yanking him last year against the Kings when he was playing well.

Good luck with that contract though.

Great to see the Wings stick it to the Canucks though!

Wow. When I left the score was tied. I was shocked to see the outcome.

Man Luongo needs to get out of Vancouver. Sounded like he was awful tonight, but leaving him in for the whole game is telling. As is yanking him last year against the Kings when he was playing well.

Good luck with that contract though.

Great to see the Wings stick it to the Canucks though!

I wouldn't go as far as that. He's had a very good start to the year until tonight, despite being a historically slow starter.