• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2/24 GDT : Canucks 3 at Red Wings 8

Rate this topic

I wouldn't go as far as that. He's had a very good start to the year until tonight, despite being a historically slow starter.

I just meant it sounded like a bad night tonight. But I still think it's a mess of a situation in Vancouver and he'd be better off moving on, if they could find a team to take that contract.

Most exciting and best win of the season for the Red Wings. Loved their effort and determination on the second night of a back-to-back against a real quality opponent. Special teams seem to be improving lately, which is positive going forward.

Tatar and Andersson have to stay. That third line right now with Eaves is fun to watch. I know they probably won't once the healthy bodies start coming back, but I think they have both proven to be NHL ready and productive no less.

Brunner just shoots from everywhere, something the team has lacked since Hossa really. He's blowing my expectations completely out of the water so far. Nice to see that natural goal-scorer wearing red and white.

This team is a roller coaster, but the highs have been quite entertaining so far. They can compete with anyone when they want to.

Because I live in BC this is my favorite team to beat. Winning by 5 goals was the highlight of this season for me.

How is it living amongst Canucks fans?

I live in Vancouver as well, I love days like this ... I make sure I give all the locals here a textful. I could watch this game's highlights all day!

WTF is all this 2.0 bull? Can't a player be a player? Brunner is Brunner...period. He has 10 goals in 19 games, which would equate to apprx. 42 goals over an entire season. He is/was a great find and we have Stacy Roest to thank for him, not Andersson, not Holland. He should be re-signed, he should get about $2M and he should be our best scorer since Hossa. He has proven he can play in the NHL and deserves to stay. No way Holland lets this guy walk, he didn't cost him an asset or a draft pick. He is found money basically. But in no way is he anyone 2.0...he is Damien Brunner and he has arrived in the NHL...Thank you Stacy.

1) People compare his playing style to Brett Hull. How would you describe him to someone who's never seen him play? A bit like Brett Hull.

2) When Roest sent Holland the email about Brunner, Brunner was already on the Wings radar, and they had already seen him play several times.

3) The 2013 Detroit Bi-Polars - always finding a way to do what you least expect! :lol:

1) People compare his playing style to Brett Hull. How would you describe him to someone who's never seen him play? A bit like Brett Hull.

2) When Roest sent Holland the email about Brunner, Brunner was already on the Wings radar, and they had already seen him play several times.

3) The 2013 Detroit Bi-Polars - always finding a way to do what you least expect! :lol:

Hey look, someone who understands a player comparison.

WTF is all this 2.0 bull? Can't a player be a player? Brunner is Brunner...period. He has 10 goals in 19 games, which would equate to apprx. 42 goals over an entire season. He is/was a great find and we have Stacy Roest to thank for him, not Andersson, not Holland. He should be re-signed, he should get about $2M and he should be our best scorer since Hossa. He has proven he can play in the NHL and deserves to stay. No way Holland lets this guy walk, he didn't cost him an asset or a draft pick. He is found money basically. But in no way is he anyone 2.0...he is Damien Brunner and he has arrived in the NHL...Thank you Stacy.

2M per what, half of season???

This

Keep Bert imo. Buyout Sammy and Quincey, walk Cleary and Miller.

I think Miller needs to stay

He is inexpensive two way forward, provides 10-20 goals a season, good on the PK and knows dump n chase hockey.

Edited by Rivalred

Resign Brunnerat 2 million per season? WTF????? He will get at least 3 million per, maybe 4.

To date Brunner has been great, but now his challenge begins. he ahs made a splash, word is out. The league will now game plane for him and adjust to him. Can he continue to have success? Stay tuned.....

I love reading the butthurt on Vancouver's forum.

The best part was so many fans accusing Bettman of having a Crosby-esque love affair with the Wings.

Funny considering 2 of their 3 goals were a direct result of blatant interference. That little pick play behind the net is something they've done and gotten away with for about 4 years now. This league is full of stuff like this-allowing certain teams or players to bend the rules while no one else can. Pronger could cross check anyone he wanted, Pittsburgh can clutch and hold with no calls, SJ dives like they're going for gold, The Sedins can run pick plays and no one calls it because it's just their thing.

Edited by shoobiedoobin

Brunner - Brett Hull 4.0

Tatar - Wayne Gretzky 2.75

Frk - Yzerman 3.14

...gimme a break. Describe them as shooters, snipers, etc...do not compare them to other players.

Brunner - Brett Hull 4.0

Tatar - Wayne Gretzky 2.75

Frk - Yzerman 3.14

...gimme a break. Describe them as shooters, snipers, etc...do not compare them to other players.

Not every sniper plays the game, not every 2-way plays the same, you see where this is going? This is why people use comparisons. If someone wanted to know how he played, you would compare playing styles to a similar player, and they would have an idea of how that player would play. You can't just say, "oh he's a sniper." Okay, well there's a bunch of those, so exactly what sniper does he play like? Does he cut space and rush the net? Does he push the perimeter? Does he work down low and wait for the 1T?

2 Million? Lmao...to be on the safe side he's a 30-35 goal scorer with the potential to get 40 plus. Zajac just signed for 5.75 per and he's never scored more than 25 goals in a season and thats just one example. Where did you get this figue? He will and should get 3.5-4 million. I would pay him that this very second. You're never going to give Holland credit for anythign so its no suprise he wont get any for Brunner either whether he deserves it or not. 2 million....lol.

well word on Damien Brunner is out. I live in Vancouver, and the entire sportscentre crew was raving about the guy. Major props kid

I don't get why people say these things. Brunner was targetted by numerous teams, he just choose Detroit. Off the top of my head, I remember Philly, Pittsburgh, and Detroit all going after him. Luckily, he choose us. No one knew how well he was going to translate into the N/A game but he was touted. Kenny needs to work on signing him to an extension asap though. I have mixed emotions but I think he'll end up staying with Detroit. This season could possibly turn him aside with the amount of adversity we face. He could be the personality that wants to be with a winning team and doesn't like much adversity in their life. He could possibly think he's worth more than he is, which could be a very realistic thing if he does end up being our leading scorer (not declaring him a greedy ******* right now, just saying it's one avenue of approach). The things going for us: he said Detroit has made his transition really comfortable and if it wasn't for Zetty playing with him over in the SEL, he would really feel uncomfortable. He's going to play with us this whole season, and have some memories attached to it, not exactly something that's easy to walk away from right away. We have the winter classic next year, it's a bargaining chip as many players want to experience something like that within their career. Realistically, I would say he's going to cost around 3.5-4m/season because we don't know his trajectory or potential. He can't demand high money because it was his first season, but he certainly could have bonuses attached to the contract. I think the safe bet would say, 2-3 year extension 3.8/season :P

2 Million? Lmao...to be on the safe side he's a 30-35 goal scorer with the potential to get 40 plus. Zajac just signed for 5.75 per and he's never scored more than 25 goals in a season and thats just one example. Where did you get this figue? He will and should get 3.5-4 million. I would pay him that this very second. You're never going to give Holland credit for anythign so its no suprise he wont get any for Brunner either whether he deserves it or not. 2 million....lol.

Zajac plays two way hockey and is better defensively... Brunner has to learn that aspect of the game; question is can be still be as effective offensively whole being responsible defensively?

Brunner is good and folks make a valid point, more focus and pressure will be applied to him... Coaches will be telling players to stick to him like a spandex jock strap, other teams will be forechecking and applying pressure making not giving him time and see if they can rush him which may lead to turn overs and scoring opportunities.

Now if he is playing with Flip, Z, or Pavel all on one line, some of the heat is taken off of him...

Anyways, good game by the entire team... Congrats to Tatar also

it's way too early to tell if Brunner is worth big money. He's only played 19 games. We don't even know if he has the gas to play a full 82 game season plus playoffs. (the Swiss play only around 50, less physical games)

It's Kenny's best interested to get him signed now, before he proves that he can score at this pace for 80 games for more than a season or two.

If he continues to prove himself, YIKES, is he in for a big payday.

It's not up to Ken Holland to get him signed right now, I'm sure he would, but that's not how it works.

No way in hell an agent would let his first year guy sign a cheap deal 19 games into a season where his client is tied for 4th in league goal scoring. I'm not sure what I want in a deal for Brunner this off season, and cheaper 2 year deal which lets us be more aggressive free agent wise, but maybe have to give him a bigger raise or lose him after those two years or a long term higher money deal which might be more money in the beginning, but if he can prove to be a 40 goal scorer year in year out would be steal.