• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2/24 GDT : Canucks 3 at Red Wings 8

Rate this topic

2M per what, half of season???

Don't you know potential stars in detroit will take a huge paycut, crosby ovechkin and malkin all tried to get the wings to sign them for 3 mil each... kenny said no... *sigh* people undervalue people like brunner on our team while we pay guys like quincey 3.75 per. Brunner will get 4.5 per

Don't you know potential stars in detroit will take a huge paycut, crosby ovechkin and malkin all tried to get the wings to sign them for 3 mil each... kenny said no... *sigh* people undervalue people like brunner on our team while we pay guys like quincey 3.75 per. Brunner will get 4.5 per

I think that $4M would make sense at this point...

I don't get why people say these things. Brunner was targetted by numerous teams, he just choose Detroit. Off the top of my head, I remember Philly, Pittsburgh, and Detroit all going after him. Luckily, he choose us. No one knew how well he was going to translate into the N/A game but he was touted. Kenny needs to work on signing him to an extension asap though. I have mixed emotions but I think he'll end up staying with Detroit. This season could possibly turn him aside with the amount of adversity we face. He could be the personality that wants to be with a winning team and doesn't like much adversity in their life. He could possibly think he's worth more than he is, which could be a very realistic thing if he does end up being our leading scorer (not declaring him a greedy ******* right now, just saying it's one avenue of approach). The things going for us: he said Detroit has made his transition really comfortable and if it wasn't for Zetty playing with him over in the SEL, he would really feel uncomfortable. He's going to play with us this whole season, and have some memories attached to it, not exactly something that's easy to walk away from right away. We have the winter classic next year, it's a bargaining chip as many players want to experience something like that within their career. Realistically, I would say he's going to cost around 3.5-4m/season because we don't know his trajectory or potential. He can't demand high money because it was his first season, but he certainly could have bonuses attached to the contract. I think the safe bet would say, 2-3 year extension 3.8/season :P

Because we've never heard the name Damien Brunner anywhere in the Vancouver Media before, not until they all saw him last night, that's why.

Hence, the word is out.

it's way too early to tell if Brunner is worth big money. He's only played 19 games. We don't even know if he has the gas to play a full 82 game season plus playoffs. (the Swiss play only around 50, less physical games)

It's Kenny's best interested to get him signed now, before he proves that he can score at this pace for 80 games for more than a season or two.

If he continues to prove himself, YIKES, is he in for a big payday.

And their longest travel day is a 3 hr bus ride.

Because we've never heard the name Damien Brunner anywhere in the Vancouver Media before, not until they all saw him last night, that's why.

Hence, the word is out.

And their longest travel day is a 3 hr bus ride.

I'll take 4 hours on a cushy private plane over 3 hours on a bus any day.

Hence, the word is out.

And that's what annoys me. The word was already out about him, teams were after him, teams knew about him, now they're just seeing his transition to the N/A game. He's just finally getting media attention because their team got shat on by him and the Wings. I just find it silly to say, "oh s***, he scored 2 goals last night, now the world knows about him and he's going to be the hot ticket this offseason!" He led the SEL in scoring two seasons, and was the front runner before leaving to come to Detroit. Trust me, teams knew about him, and still do now about him.

I feel exact same way!! Hell I nearly drove my jeep off the road listening to them on radio today!

I love being a raging fan invested in every game for once instead of waiting till 2nd round if playoffs

That sounds a little bandwagoning but not how I intended it

Yeah these games are more must wins, when the last number of years, must win games didn't come until April, May, and June.

I can see how some would feel that way but I've just never been that way myself personally.

If it were up to me I'd have the Wings win every game ever very handily. Seeing my sports teams dominate just never gets old to me no matter what the degree of difficulty. If I'm rooting for a particular team then a close win doesn't really make the game any more exciting for me. I just want the win.

But again, that's just me.

I'm sure a couple years of this I'll want the Wings to dominate again, but for now, I'm enjoying these games.

Last nights whining from Canucks fans has inspired a new GDT for me.

Hockeytown0001 already does a fantastic job with them here so mine won't be necessary, but here is the header, which I'll add the rosters/stats and standings to.

1zntkqg.jpg

:lol: Quincey with that hairdo looks like Patrick Dempsey... oh Dr. McDreamy!

https://twitter.com/strombone1/statu...71164894560256

"I just wanted to apologize to all the people who had to replace their

Budweiser Red Light bulb after yesterday's debacle #LUON8O"

lol. Luongo is awesome on twitter.

You know that's not really Luongo right? I would assume Luongo would be verified. Still funny though, reminds me of @notpaveldatsyuk

Was posted on TSN and Sportsnet. I would assume that is Luongo.

Turns out you are probably right, odd that he isn't verified though, I guess so he can say whatever he wants and then deny it was ever him if trouble arises.