• Please log in to reply
690 replies to this topic

#641 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

Is it just me, or is this season more interesting and exciting to watch then the years when we'd steamroll the West? With the way the League is set up and 8 teams making the playoffs, our season was usually done by December. This year regular season games mean more.

I'm not being ungrateful, I've appreciated everything I've watched the last 21 years with this team, but I find myself watching more regular season games this year.

I can see how some would feel that way but I've just never been that way myself personally. 

If it were up to me I'd have the Wings win every game ever very handily.  Seeing my sports teams dominate just never gets old to me no matter what the degree of difficulty.  If I'm rooting for a particular team then a close win doesn't really make the game any more exciting for me.  I just want the win. 

But again, that's just me. 

Edited by Red Wings Addict, 24 February 2013 - 09:32 PM.

#642 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,227 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:45 PM

Questioning other's hockey knowledge and discussing things not germane to tonight's game need to be taken to PMs.

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#643 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:48 PM

Is it just me, or is this season more interesting and exciting to watch then the years when we'd steamroll the West? With the way the League is set up and 8 teams making the playoffs, our season was usually done by December. This year regular season games mean more.

I'm not being ungrateful, I've appreciated everything I've watched the last 21 years with this team, but I find myself watching more regular season games this year.

I feel exact same way!! Hell I nearly drove my jeep off the road listening to them on radio today!

I love being a raging fan invested in every game for once instead of waiting till 2nd round if playoffs

That sounds a little bandwagoning but not how I intended it

Edited by beachwing, 24 February 2013 - 09:51 PM.

#644 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:53 PM

I'm not the only one who remembers this:

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#645 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,095 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:57 PM

Holy s***, just learned the outcome. Hell yes?

Don't Toews me, bro!

#646 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:16 PM

Heck of a job today. This was a laugher in our favor for a change. Offsets the 1st game of the year. is it just me, or does Loungo seem to have a histroy of these types of games. yes he is a good G, but he does seem to have more than his far share of these types of games. Butt hen again he has been around forever, so maybe it is all blending together......

#647 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,781 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:01 PM

I love reading the butthurt on Vancouver's forum. 

The best part was so many fans accusing Bettman of having a Crosby-esque love affair with the Wings. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#648 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,781 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:25 PM

I'm not the only one who remembers this:

:thumbup:

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#649 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,017 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:49 PM

Wow.  When I left the score was tied.  I was shocked to see the outcome. 

Man Luongo needs to get out of Vancouver.  Sounded like he was awful tonight, but leaving him in for the whole game is telling.  As is yanking him last year against the Kings when he was playing well. 

Good luck with that contract though.  

Great to see the Wings stick it to the Canucks though!

#650 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,781 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:54 PM

Wow.  When I left the score was tied.  I was shocked to see the outcome. 

Man Luongo needs to get out of Vancouver.  Sounded like he was awful tonight, but leaving him in for the whole game is telling.  As is yanking him last year against the Kings when he was playing well. 

Good luck with that contract though.  

Great to see the Wings stick it to the Canucks though!

I wouldn't go as far as that. He's had a very good start to the year until tonight, despite being a historically slow starter. 

#651 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,017 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:56 PM

I wouldn't go as far as that. He's had a very good start to the year until tonight, despite being a historically slow starter. 

I just meant it sounded like a bad night tonight.  But I still think it's a mess of a situation in Vancouver and he'd be better off moving on, if they could find a team to take that contract.  

#652 Ally

Ally

just figured out how to change my title

• PipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:57 PM

Because I live in BC this is my favorite team to beat. Winning by 5 goals was the highlight of this season for me.

"Everything he does is exciting to watch.” -Holmstrom describes Datsyuk

#653 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:20 AM

Most exciting and best win of the season for the Red Wings. Loved their effort and determination on the second night of a back-to-back against a real quality opponent. Special teams seem to be improving lately, which is positive going forward.

Tatar and Andersson have to stay. That third line right now with Eaves is fun to watch. I know they probably won't once the healthy bodies start coming back, but I think they have both proven to be NHL ready and productive no less.

Brunner just shoots from everywhere, something the team has lacked since Hossa really. He's blowing my expectations completely out of the water so far. Nice to see that natural goal-scorer wearing red and white.

This team is a roller coaster, but the highs have been quite entertaining so far. They can compete with anyone when they want to.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#654 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,781 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:21 AM

Because I live in BC this is my favorite team to beat. Winning by 5 goals was the highlight of this season for me.

How is it living amongst Canucks fans? 

#655 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:53 AM

I love reading the butthurt on Vancouver's forum. 

The best part was so many fans accusing Bettman of having a Crosby-esque love affair with the Wings. 

That's hilarious ahahaha

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#656 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:01 AM

I live in Vancouver as well, I love days like this ... I make sure I give all the locals here a textful.  I could watch this game's highlights all day!

#657 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,607 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:06 AM

On days like today living amongst them is gratifying.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#658 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:38 AM

WTF is all this 2.0 bull? Can't a player be a player? Brunner is Brunner...period. He has 10 goals in 19 games, which would equate to apprx. 42 goals over an entire season. He is/was a great find and we have Stacy Roest to thank for him, not Andersson, not Holland.  He should be re-signed, he should get about $2M and he should be our best scorer since Hossa. He has proven he can play in the NHL and deserves to stay. No way Holland lets this guy walk, he didn't cost him an asset or a draft pick. He is found money basically.  But in no way is he anyone 2.0...he is Damien Brunner and he has arrived in the NHL...Thank you Stacy.

1)  People compare his playing style to Brett Hull.  How would you describe him to someone who's never seen him play?  A bit like Brett Hull.

2)  When Roest sent Holland the email about Brunner, Brunner was already on the Wings radar, and they had already seen him play several times.

3)  The 2013 Detroit Bi-Polars - always finding a way to do what you least expect! :lol:

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#659 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,781 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:23 AM

I'd say Brunner will get at least $3-4 million per year. 

#660 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:51 AM

1)  People compare his playing style to Brett Hull.  How would you describe him to someone who's never seen him play?  A bit like Brett Hull.

2)  When Roest sent Holland the email about Brunner, Brunner was already on the Wings radar, and they had already seen him play several times.

3)  The 2013 Detroit Bi-Polars - always finding a way to do what you least expect! :lol:

Hey look, someone who understands a player comparison.