• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:25 PM

Tonight's game left Kronwall with 16 points in 19 games, good for #1.

He may be having defensive troubles, but he's doing #1 d-man work in the offensive zone.

#2 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:27 PM

6 points in the last 2 games. I hope it's a turning point for him.

#3 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:32 PM

Good for Kronners minus his minus mark. He is getting it done in the offensive zone and we haven't even seen someone be KRONWALLED yet this season either. Forgive me if I've missed one....

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing), 24 February 2013 - 10:32 PM.

#4 Wings_Toledo

Wings_Toledo

Seeing Red

• PipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:35 PM

He's doing a fine job and having him with Ericsson has been a decent top pairing for this season.  He may not be a PP quarterback like Lids but I've noticed he's able to get shots through for rebounds that often lead to goals.

#5 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

Good for Kronners minus his minus mark. He is getting it done in the offensive zone and we haven't even seen someone be KRONWALLED yet this season either. Forgive me if I've missed one....

I think that he's definitely coming around as of late, but settling into his new role might mean no more Kronwall-ing; since he'll have to be more responsible.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#6 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:39 PM

Not to mention he's been a +5 in the past few days, but his plus/minus isn't what's exciting here. Lidstrom was a scoring machine, sure Kronwall isn't going to match the defensive godliness of Nick but what player in the current NHL does? Having Kronner step in and produce like this so far is very assuring for this team, he doesn't need to be traded or bought out, he needs to stay right here. The more he's scoring and the more we are winning the more confidence he will build and begin to improve all aspects of his game. 

Congrats Kronwall, keep it up!

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#7 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:41 PM

The points are great, and he looks like he is finally cutting down on his mistakes with the puck-also very good. Now tighten up on the D side and he will be fine.

Edited by Richdg, 24 February 2013 - 10:41 PM.

#8 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,937 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:47 PM

The D has gone through major changes between this and last season, and constant minor changes due to injuries during the season.

Kronner is the only Dman that has played every game so far.

This means constant shifting of partners, players who are less experienced, players with different skill sets, and getting to know new people.

All of this takes time to gel.  In a normal season, and in a normal year, we would have had Lids and Stuart as constants and only be changing the bottom pair or two every game.

Whether you have two offensive or two defensive Dmen or one of each, it's going to be a different style of play.  With new players, it takes time to learn where they fit in and how their styles fit in together.

A pair who knows each other well can accommodate for a guy like Kronner who takes the risk of losing his assignment to Kronwall a guy.  If his partner knows it's coming, he can be ready to cover for him.  A guy like Kronner likes to head to the slot to shoot.  If the partner is expecting him to stay on the point, there's going to be miscommunication.

You can watch film on the new guy, but only experience practicing and playing together really makes you able to read and complement each other. 

That's what's been missing this season.  Hopefully it will gel before the playoffs.

#9 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:54 PM

Good for Kronners and good for the Red Wings. The best part is, he had a rough start and is just getting going lately. I have noticed better passes, but the biggest thing I have noticed is his confidence. He is standing guys up at the blue line, forcing them to go offside, he is shooting the puck a LOT more from the point, keeping more plays alive, and as others have mentioned, is coming into his own as the number 1 dman on this team. Keep it up Kronners!

#10 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,960 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:07 PM

His offense has been great all year and he's now finally getting pucks through from the point consistently.  

Defensively, he's looked like a pylon for way too many goals against.  He needs to improve everything on that side of the ice.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#11 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:10 PM

I think that he's definitely coming around as of late, but settling into his new role might mean no more Kronwall-ing; since he'll have to be more responsible.

he's just waiting until the time is right. when everyone thinks he's done kronwalling and no one suspects a thing  :ninja:

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#12 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,270 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:31 AM

Kronwall has gotten picked on a bit this year by fans because he's not #5, but apart from a few mistakes he's been pretty good. If the PP keeps up the good work and he keeps getting shots through, he could definitely be one of the higher scoring d-men at the end of the season. He still needs to settle in a bit defensively before he's the true number 1 guy.

Posted Image

#13 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:01 AM

Its nice hes picking up points but Id really like him to be better at keeping it out of our own net first. 

#14 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,885 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:37 AM

its a 2 edge sword really, Q leads the d with a +10 but hasnt put up a single point yet.

"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#15 thegerkin

thegerkin

Statue of Liberty!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:18 AM

I wore my autographed game-worn Kronwall Grand Rapids jersey. I guess it's magical haha

#16 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:28 AM

He just needs to stop taking so many penalties, he'll never be a shutdown guy. But he's physical, has great/elite puck moving skills, but will always have defensive lapses.

His penalties need to be cut down, we can't have our #1 guy take the 2nd most minors in the league for defensemen. That's not good enough.

#17 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,307 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:38 AM

He is our best offensive D... If comparing him to Greene
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#18 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,818 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:48 AM

I am happy for this, we need him to become that leader. He is going to be our #1 defenseman for a long time and it is awesome that he is turning the corner!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#19 Wings_Dynasty

Wings_Dynasty

The Greatest Ever

• HoF Booster
  • 3,816 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:14 AM

Well, he should be a shoe-in for the Norris then, huh? Because that's all it takes apparently to be the best defenseman according to the voters, great offensive stats. 

Current LGW Whippin' Boy: Referees

HTBanner400x100.jpg

#20 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:16 AM

He is our best offensive D... If comparing him to Greene

?