• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crymson

Kronwall = Current Defense Points Leader

Rate this topic

Good for Kronners minus his minus mark. He is getting it done in the offensive zone and we haven't even seen someone be KRONWALLED yet this season either. Forgive me if I've missed one....

I think that he's definitely coming around as of late, but settling into his new role might mean no more Kronwall-ing; since he'll have to be more responsible.

Not to mention he's been a +5 in the past few days, but his plus/minus isn't what's exciting here. Lidstrom was a scoring machine, sure Kronwall isn't going to match the defensive godliness of Nick but what player in the current NHL does? Having Kronner step in and produce like this so far is very assuring for this team, he doesn't need to be traded or bought out, he needs to stay right here. The more he's scoring and the more we are winning the more confidence he will build and begin to improve all aspects of his game.

Congrats Kronwall, keep it up!

The D has gone through major changes between this and last season, and constant minor changes due to injuries during the season.

Kronner is the only Dman that has played every game so far.

This means constant shifting of partners, players who are less experienced, players with different skill sets, and getting to know new people.

All of this takes time to gel. In a normal season, and in a normal year, we would have had Lids and Stuart as constants and only be changing the bottom pair or two every game.

Whether you have two offensive or two defensive Dmen or one of each, it's going to be a different style of play. With new players, it takes time to learn where they fit in and how their styles fit in together.

A pair who knows each other well can accommodate for a guy like Kronner who takes the risk of losing his assignment to Kronwall a guy. If his partner knows it's coming, he can be ready to cover for him. A guy like Kronner likes to head to the slot to shoot. If the partner is expecting him to stay on the point, there's going to be miscommunication.

You can watch film on the new guy, but only experience practicing and playing together really makes you able to read and complement each other.

That's what's been missing this season. Hopefully it will gel before the playoffs.

Good for Kronners and good for the Red Wings. The best part is, he had a rough start and is just getting going lately. I have noticed better passes, but the biggest thing I have noticed is his confidence. He is standing guys up at the blue line, forcing them to go offside, he is shooting the puck a LOT more from the point, keeping more plays alive, and as others have mentioned, is coming into his own as the number 1 dman on this team. Keep it up Kronners!

Kronwall has gotten picked on a bit this year by fans because he's not #5, but apart from a few mistakes he's been pretty good. If the PP keeps up the good work and he keeps getting shots through, he could definitely be one of the higher scoring d-men at the end of the season. He still needs to settle in a bit defensively before he's the true number 1 guy.

He just needs to stop taking so many penalties, he'll never be a shutdown guy. But he's physical, has great/elite puck moving skills, but will always have defensive lapses.

His penalties need to be cut down, we can't have our #1 guy take the 2nd most minors in the league for defensemen. That's not good enough.

Guest Johnz96

Mike Greene is great offensively, but is questionable at times on D I thought

GREEN had 3 great seasons (scoring) in part because he was the #1 d-man on a team that played a run and gun style (the first team to do so since the early nineties). Everyone on the Capitals scored a lot more during those 3 years than they have since.

Kronwall is pretty good defensively, most people are basing their comments on the fact he was a -8 2 games ago.

The D has gone through major changes between this and last season, and constant minor changes due to injuries during the season.

Kronner is the only Dman that has played every game so far.

This means constant shifting of partners, players who are less experienced, players with different skill sets, and getting to know new people.

All of this takes time to gel. In a normal season, and in a normal year, we would have had Lids and Stuart as constants and only be changing the bottom pair or two every game.

Whether you have two offensive or two defensive Dmen or one of each, it's going to be a different style of play. With new players, it takes time to learn where they fit in and how their styles fit in together.

A pair who knows each other well can accommodate for a guy like Kronner who takes the risk of losing his assignment to Kronwall a guy. If his partner knows it's coming, he can be ready to cover for him. A guy like Kronner likes to head to the slot to shoot. If the partner is expecting him to stay on the point, there's going to be miscommunication.

You can watch film on the new guy, but only experience practicing and playing together really makes you able to read and complement each other.

That's what's been missing this season. Hopefully it will gel before the playoffs.

Well put

GREEN had 3 great seasons (scoring) in part because he was the #1 d-man on a team that played a run and gun style (the first team to do so since the early nineties). Everyone on the Capitals scored a lot more during those 3 years than they have since.

Kronwall is pretty good defensively, most people are basing their comments on the fact he was a -8 2 games ago.

Well put

He has had made more mistakes defensively this year than he has in years past, yet is producing more offensively. Green I think has done the same.

An article about Green from a few yrs back http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/317756-team-canada-2010-best-off-without-mike-green

I feel the same way about Kronwall at times... I am not trying to change the focus of the thread. Just a little comparison. Also, others around here know what I am talking about and where it can go, because Green could of been on this team so if we didn't give up a pick per say I do believe.

The what if factor and discussion...

Edited by Rivalred

Its all well and good that hes putting up points, but that was never a question going into this season, we knew that the back-end of this team would be pretty good at the offensive side of the game. Its the OTHER side of things that Kronwall and others have been dismal. They aren't making the plays in the defensive end. And this was, and still is the biggest issue for the Wings. Kronwall right now is a Rafalski, the Wings need a shutdown guy to complement him.