• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#1 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,806 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:07 PM

Per the Detroit Red Wings twitter feed...

Wings sign Defenseman Brian Lashoff to a 3-year extension.

Financial terms not yet disclosed.

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#2 Rebound

Rebound

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

I approve this message. Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

#3 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,173 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:10 PM

hell ya!

#4 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:10 PM

Nice! Brian has definitely earned this with his consistent solid defensive play. And I guess putting the puck in the net a few times doesn't hurt either. Now it's time to sign Brunner to a 5-6 year extension!!

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#5 DSM

DSM

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

Good news!

If it's a one way deal (which I'm sure it is), I wonder what that means for Kindl's future with the team?

#6 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:12 PM

Kid must be stoked. Congrats on your hard work paying off.

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.

#7 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:12 PM

Good news!

If it's a one way deal (which I'm sure it is), I wonder what that means for Kindl's future with the team?

It will be very short lived.

(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#8 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,617 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:15 PM

Not shocked by this at all! He was given the chance and took it! Way to go Brian, hold on tight!

Kindl's future? Just what I have been saying...trade bait. Won't get too much in return, but if someone offers a 3rd rounder, I'll take it!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#9 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

Great signing, so pumped about this. This kid has been great so far. He has been so steady, and lately has been throwing the weight around big time. The way he tossed a Nuck to the ice and took the puck behind his own goal last night made me think Brad Stuart never left.

Good one, Kenny!

#10 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:25 PM

great extension, much deserved

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#11 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:27 PM

Awesome news, he's been impressive and is exactly the type of defensive guy we need on the back end.

He might have a few brain dead mistakes, but other then that he makes a good first pass, and has been very solid on the penalty kill.

#12 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

Not shocked by this at all! He was given the chance and took it! Way to go Brian, hold on tight!

Kindl's future? Just what I have been saying...trade bait. Won't get too much in return, but if someone offers a 3rd rounder, I'll take it!

I wouldn't mind giving him up, but not just for the sake of dumping him and preferably not during the season.  We desperately need defense right now, which includes people to fill the #6/7 slot.

On the topic of Lashoff, that's fantastic news!  I'm curious to see the numbers. 

I really hope they lock up Brunner too...his price tag is only going to keep rising the longer they wait.

#13 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,226 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

Great news! The kid has looked like he belongs right from the get go. 

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#14 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:31 PM

I wouldn't mind giving him up, but not just for the sake of dumping him and preferably not during the season.  We desperately need defense right now, which includes people to fill the #6/7 slot.

On the topic of Lashoff, that's fantastic news!  I'm curious to see the numbers. 

I really hope they lock up Brunner too...his price tag is only going to keep rising the longer they wait.

I'm sure Holland would like to get Brunner on contract to. But I don't think Brunner's agent wants his player that is 4th in league goal scoring signing a deal 19 games into his first season. That's just not a good business move for the kid.

The bigger question is do we take our chances with a cheaper 2-3 year deal, in which we might have to overpay after that? Or a higher value longer term deal, that could backfire, or be a steal.

#15 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:32 PM

Not bad for an undrafted free agent.

#16 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

Kenny might die from shock if somebody offered a 3rd for him. If Kindl wants to know what his future is in Detroit, all he probably needs to do is call Jan Murask.

As far as the Lashoff signing, good for him. He's shown that he can be in the long-term plans for the Wings when he was given the chance, so well deserved.

#17 cupforwings

cupforwings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

Good news!

I would be surprised if it was a one way deal.

#18 DSM

DSM

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

Kenny might die from shock if somebody offered a 3rd for him. If Kindl wants to know what his future is in Detroit, all he probably needs to do is call Jan Murask.

As far as the Lashoff signing, good for him. He's shown that he can be in the long-term plans for the Wings when he was given the chance, so well deserved.

My bet is that if Holland adds a dman at the deadline, Kindl will be part of the package that goes in return. Kinda like Pushor in the Mironov deal, and Kuznetson in the Schneider deal.

I would be surprised if it was a one way deal.

I don't know. It would make sense. Lashoff can't go back to GR without hitting waivers starting next season, and if they wanted to give him a 2 way deal they wouldn't have given him 3 years.

#19 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,617 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:42 PM

My bet is that if Holland adds a dman at the deadline, Kindl will be part of the package that goes in return. Kinda like Pushor in the Mironov deal, and Kuznetson in the Schneider deal.

I don't know. It would make sense. Lashoff can't go back to GR without hitting waivers starting next season, and if they wanted to give him a 2 way deal they wouldn't have given him 3 years.

KuznetsoV, but who is keeping track! :P

I would like that too...Maybe Quincey and Kindl in a package? :ninja:

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#20 shoobiedoobin

shoobiedoobin

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:45 PM

Good thing the rest of the hockey world doesn't think of Kindl this way. There's a world of difference between the two. Mursak was a 6th round pick. Kindl was 19th overall. Mursak really showed nothing in the NHL. Kindl minus our huge expectations has shown he can play in this league and do well from time to time. He's in a position that is tougher to come across, with a higher upside. And he's not going back to the AHL. If he's not playing for the Wings, he's playing for another NHL team. He's got trade value no matter how much we rag on him. There will be a GM or two out there willing to take a chance on a former first round pick on defense who looks like he just needs a change of scenary. Worse guys have gotten something in return.

Edited by shoobiedoobin, 25 February 2013 - 03:47 PM.