Tatar-Flippula-Bertuzzi

Andersson-Abdelkader-Tootoo

Kronwall-Yandle

Smith-Ericsson

Quincey-Dekeseyer

Lashoff

He's got mad goalie skillz!

Dumbest thing posted in a long time. Ericsson has been very solid this season

Yeah, if solid means being average and not screwing up as much while having no physical presence.

Yes, the scoring touch is nice, and if he keeps up the scoring and becomes a threat from the blue-line, I'll gladly eat my words. However, he's still error and penalty prone (although not as bad as previous seasons). He's slow to the puck, doesn't use his size at all, and is LESS physical than Pavel Datsyuk.

I do give Ericsson credit for dropping the gloves with the one dude a couple games ago, although Tootoo, intercepted the fight. I was looking forward to see what it would look like to see someone punching down at someone as they ponder how large of a mistake they made.

Hopefully Kenny will prove me wrong again on Ericsson.

Yeah, if solid means being average and not screwing up as much while having no physical presence.

Yes, the scoring touch is nice, and if he keeps up the scoring and becomes a threat from the blue-line, I'll gladly eat my words. However, he's still error and penalty prone (although not as bad as previous seasons). He's slow to the puck, doesn't use his size at all, and is LESS physical than Pavel Datsyuk.

I do give Ericsson credit for dropping the gloves with the one dude a couple games ago, although Tootoo, intercepted the fight. I was looking forward to see what it would look like to see someone punching down at someone as they ponder how large of a mistake they made.

Are you kidding me? Ericsson has been our most consistent defenseman all season. He's been very good, he's taken half the penalties of Kronwall, is really passing the puck well, doing well on the penalty kill, 2nd most hits on defense and playing very strong defensively even strength playing the most minutes he's played in his career.. You are way off on Ericsson so far this season, he's been good, hell I'd even say great.

Penalty prone? He has 6 penalties in 16 games..

Guest The Axe

Kindl hate is so lame. Guy is finally turning the page, and we are going to dump him? No way. Ericsson took 5 years. This is Kindl's 3rd. Let him mature.

Guest Crymson

Are you sure you aren't trolling? Because everything about that post is wrong.

Kindl hate is so lame. Guy is finally turning the page, and we are going to dump him? No way. Ericsson took 5 years. This is Kindl's 3rd. Let him mature.

...and Ericsson was a 9th round, 291st overall pick...what was Kindl again? Oh ya, 1st round 19th overall. Kindl is nothing more than #7 defenseman here, never will be anything more than that. It says something that with all the injuries over the last three years, Kindl could not solidify a position and even this year he cannot take a top 6 spot on a permanent basis, yet in comes Lashoff and has played in more games than Kindl has...

I would be surprised if Kindl is Red Wing by next season...then again I wouldn't be surprised if he is. That is just Kenny.

I'd agree that Kindl has actually looked pretty good the past few games.. He's playing physically at time and is minimizing his Stoopid mistakes. Hope he continues..

And as for lashoff, good for him.. Great for the wings. It's good to have a budget contract that can play solid D in the NHL for the next 3 years. Hope he continues to improve as well.

Guest The Axe

...and Ericsson was a 9th round, 291st overall pick...what was Kindl again? Oh ya, 1st round 19th overall. Kindl is nothing more than #7 defenseman here, never will be anything more than that. It says something that with all the injuries over the last three years, Kindl could not solidify a position and even this year he cannot take a top 6 spot on a permanent basis, yet in comes Lashoff and has played in more games than Kindl has...

I would be surprised if Kindl is Red Wing by next season...then again I wouldn't be surprised if he is. That is just Kenny.

Nobody is saying it would have been bad if Kindl had developed faster. Reality is most D dont come into their own until they are mid to late 20's. Now is a dumb time to give up on Kindl. He's progressing nicely.

Nobody is saying it would have been bad if Kindl had developed faster. Reality is most D dont come into their own until they are mid to late 20's. Now is a dumb time to give up on Kindl. He's progressing nicely.

The problem with Kindl however, is that the Red Wings have a crowded blue line going into next season with 5 guys under contract (Kronwall, Ericsson, Quincey, Colaiacovo and Lashoff) and 2 RFA's (Smith and Kindl). That gives the Red Wings 7 dmen. That's a crowded blue line for a team that will be looking to make an upgrade via UFA this summer. Based on Kindl rotating as a #6/7 guy and Lashoff pretty much being in the top 6 every game on a team that has seen a boatload of injuries, this is how the depth chart probably looks to the organization going into next season:

1. Kronwall

2. Ericsson

3. Smith

4. Quincey

5. Colaiacovo

6. Lashoff

7. Kindl

I'm guessing the Red Wings will probably want to make an upgrade that will fit somewhere between Kronwall and Colaiacovo on the depth chart, which would push Kindl down to #8. With so many forwards already, and the need to make space for Tatar and Andersson and possibly a UFA next season, I doubt they will want to carry 8 dmen. Based on this, Kindl would seem to be the odd man out.

Sure Kindl hasn't reached his prime yet, but after 3 seasons he still has not proved he belongs in the Red Wings top 6. They can't just keep burning a roster spot waiting for him to hit his prime. Maybe a change of scenery would be helpful to him.

He has looked better this season, but I am solely basing this on how the team has been using him.

Edited by DSM

Guest The Axe

The problem with Kindl however, is that the Red Wings have a crowded blue line going into next season with 5 guys under contract (Kronwall, Ericsson, Quincey, Colaiacovo and Lashoff) and 2 RFA's (Smith and Kindl). That gives the Red Wings 7 dmen. That's a crowded blue line for a team that will be looking to make an upgrade via UFA this summer. Based on Kindl rotating as a #6/7 guy and Lashoff pretty much being in the top 6 every game on a team that has seen a boatload of injuries, this is how the depth chart probably looks to the organization going into next season:

1. Kronwall

2. Ericsson

3. Smith

4. Quincey

5. Colaiacovo

6. Lashoff

7. Kindl

I'm guessing the Red Wings will probably want to make an upgrade that will fit somewhere between Kronwall and Colaiacovo on the depth chart, which would push Kindl down to #8. With so many forwards already, and the need to make space for Tatar and Andersson and possibly a UFA next season, I doubt they will want to carry 8 dmen. Based on this, Kindl would seem to be the odd man out.

Sure Kindl hasn't reached his prime yet, but after 3 seasons he still has not proved he belongs in the Red Wings top 6. They can't just keep burning a roster spot waiting for him to hit his prime. Maybe a change of scenery would be helpful to him.

He has looked better this season, but I am solely basing this on how the team has been using him.

The Wings could use 8 dmen if they are going to carry Colo as one of them.

1. Kronwall

2. Ericsson

3. Smith

4. Quincey

5. Colaiacovo

6. Lashoff

7. Kindl

But in reality it'll most likely be..

1. Kronwall

2. Ericsson

3. Smith

4. Quincey

5. Lashoff

6. Kindl

IR. Colaiacovo

Definitely would rather everyone be healthy of course but people are going to be hurt and having Kindl as a 6/7 helps a lot when the injury bug that we're so accustomed to dealing with comes biting. Yeah, I'd give up Kindl in a trade for an upgrade but I don't see it happening and with everyone healthy, I'm completely fine with our d the way it is.. They're all improving and will continue to do so.

The Wings could use 8 dmen if they are going to carry Colo as one of them.

Or they could just sign a couple of experienced depth guys to keep in GR to call up (a la Garrett Stafford, Doug Janik, Garnet Exelby, etc.)

Guest The Axe

Or they could just sign a couple of experienced depth guys to keep in GR to call up (a la Garrett Stafford, Doug Janik, Garnet Exelby, etc.)

Why? No need to let go of Kindl. He's 6'3", skates well, passes well, and wants to play for us. The Wings are in a pattern of letting mid 20's guys go right before they blossom. Holland will probably do it, but he shouldnt. I like our young, big defense. Kronwall, Ericsson, Quincey, Smith, Lashoff, Kindl, Sproul, Ouelette. Seems pretty solid to me.