• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jedi

Wings sign (D) Brian Lashoff to 3-year, $2.175m extension

Rate this topic

Great signing, so pumped about this. This kid has been great so far. He has been so steady, and lately has been throwing the weight around big time. The way he tossed a Nuck to the ice and took the puck behind his own goal last night made me think Brad Stuart never left.

Good one, Kenny!

Awesome news, he's been impressive and is exactly the type of defensive guy we need on the back end.

He might have a few brain dead mistakes, but other then that he makes a good first pass, and has been very solid on the penalty kill.

Not shocked by this at all! He was given the chance and took it! Way to go Brian, hold on tight!

Kindl's future? Just what I have been saying...trade bait. Won't get too much in return, but if someone offers a 3rd rounder, I'll take it!

I wouldn't mind giving him up, but not just for the sake of dumping him and preferably not during the season. We desperately need defense right now, which includes people to fill the #6/7 slot.

On the topic of Lashoff, that's fantastic news! I'm curious to see the numbers.

I really hope they lock up Brunner too...his price tag is only going to keep rising the longer they wait.

I wouldn't mind giving him up, but not just for the sake of dumping him and preferably not during the season. We desperately need defense right now, which includes people to fill the #6/7 slot.

On the topic of Lashoff, that's fantastic news! I'm curious to see the numbers.

I really hope they lock up Brunner too...his price tag is only going to keep rising the longer they wait.

I'm sure Holland would like to get Brunner on contract to. But I don't think Brunner's agent wants his player that is 4th in league goal scoring signing a deal 19 games into his first season. That's just not a good business move for the kid.

The bigger question is do we take our chances with a cheaper 2-3 year deal, in which we might have to overpay after that? Or a higher value longer term deal, that could backfire, or be a steal.

Not shocked by this at all! He was given the chance and took it! Way to go Brian, hold on tight!

Kindl's future? Just what I have been saying...trade bait. Won't get too much in return, but if someone offers a 3rd rounder, I'll take it!

Kenny might die from shock if somebody offered a 3rd for him. If Kindl wants to know what his future is in Detroit, all he probably needs to do is call Jan Murask.

As far as the Lashoff signing, good for him. He's shown that he can be in the long-term plans for the Wings when he was given the chance, so well deserved.

Kenny might die from shock if somebody offered a 3rd for him. If Kindl wants to know what his future is in Detroit, all he probably needs to do is call Jan Murask.

As far as the Lashoff signing, good for him. He's shown that he can be in the long-term plans for the Wings when he was given the chance, so well deserved.

My bet is that if Holland adds a dman at the deadline, Kindl will be part of the package that goes in return. Kinda like Pushor in the Mironov deal, and Kuznetson in the Schneider deal.

I would be surprised if it was a one way deal.

I don't know. It would make sense. Lashoff can't go back to GR without hitting waivers starting next season, and if they wanted to give him a 2 way deal they wouldn't have given him 3 years.

My bet is that if Holland adds a dman at the deadline, Kindl will be part of the package that goes in return. Kinda like Pushor in the Mironov deal, and Kuznetson in the Schneider deal.

I don't know. It would make sense. Lashoff can't go back to GR without hitting waivers starting next season, and if they wanted to give him a 2 way deal they wouldn't have given him 3 years.

KuznetsoV, but who is keeping track! :P

I would like that too...Maybe Quincey and Kindl in a package? :ninja:

Good thing the rest of the hockey world doesn't think of Kindl this way. There's a world of difference between the two. Mursak was a 6th round pick. Kindl was 19th overall. Mursak really showed nothing in the NHL. Kindl minus our huge expectations has shown he can play in this league and do well from time to time. He's in a position that is tougher to come across, with a higher upside. And he's not going back to the AHL. If he's not playing for the Wings, he's playing for another NHL team. He's got trade value no matter how much we rag on him. There will be a GM or two out there willing to take a chance on a former first round pick on defense who looks like he just needs a change of scenary. Worse guys have gotten something in return.

Edited by shoobiedoobin

KuznetsoV, but who is keeping track! :P

I would like that too...Maybe Quincey and Kindl in a package? :ninja:

Oops, wrong index finger...

Doubt any team will want to take on Quincey, seeing that he is still under contract for next season. It'll most likely be something like:

[Jakub Kindl] + [draft pick(s)] for [impending UFA dman]

The draft pick(s) would obviously depend on the calibre of the impending UFA dman.

Edited by DSM

Oops, wrong index finger...

Doubt any team will want to take on Quincey, seeing that he is still under contract for next season. It'll most likely be something like:

[Jakub Kindl] + [draft pick(s)] for [impending UFA dman]

The draft pick(s) would obviously depend on the calibre of the impending UFA dman.

Oh boy, the options are endless! Holland has some decisions to make! So far, by waiving Mursak and signing Lashoff, he is going in the right direction!

Hell yes. Great!

Great signing, so pumped about this. This kid has been great so far. He has been so steady, and lately has been throwing the weight around big time. The way he tossed a Nuck to the ice and took the puck behind his own goal last night made me think Brad Stuart never left.

Good one, Kenny!

That one was good. I was thinking to myself, why don't all our D do that more often?

Kindl has looked strong the past few games.