DSM

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

KuznetsoV, but who is keeping track! :P

I would like that too...Maybe Quincey and Kindl in a package? :ninja:

Oops, wrong index finger...

Doubt any team will want to take on Quincey, seeing that he is still under contract for next season. It'll most likely be something like:

[Jakub Kindl] + [draft pick(s)] for [impending UFA dman]

The draft pick(s) would obviously depend on the calibre of the impending UFA dman.

Edited by DSM, 25 February 2013 - 03:49 PM.

#22 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,612 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:54 PM

Oops, wrong index finger...

Doubt any team will want to take on Quincey, seeing that he is still under contract for next season. It'll most likely be something like:

[Jakub Kindl] + [draft pick(s)] for [impending UFA dman]

The draft pick(s) would obviously depend on the calibre of the impending UFA dman.

Oh boy, the options are endless! Holland has some decisions to make! So far, by waiving Mursak and signing Lashoff, he is going in the right direction!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#23 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:55 PM

Hell yes.  Great!

Great signing, so pumped about this. This kid has been great so far. He has been so steady, and lately has been throwing the weight around big time. The way he tossed a Nuck to the ice and took the puck behind his own goal last night made me think Brad Stuart never left.

Good one, Kenny!

That one was good.  I was thinking to myself, why don't all our D do that more often?

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#24 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:57 PM

He's been average, still gets beat pretty easily, but a big kid who enjoys playing and works hard. I have a hard time imagining its anything over 1mil AAV.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#25 Dave

Dave

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:02 PM

Not shocked by this at all! He was given the chance and took it! Way to go Brian, hold on tight!

Kindl's future? Just what I have been saying...trade bait. Won't get too much in return, but if someone offers a 3rd rounder, I'll take it!

Kindl has looked strong the past few games.

#26 DSM

DSM

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:04 PM

He's been average, still gets beat pretty easily, but a big kid who enjoys playing and works hard. I have a hard time imagining its anything over 1mil AAV.

My guess is somewhere between $800-$900k.

#27 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,697 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:11 PM

I think probably 1-1.25mill per. It'll be overpayment at first but good in 3 years time.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#28 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,885 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:12 PM

Has Lashoff played his final AHL game?

#29 DSM

DSM

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

Has Lashoff played his final AHL game?

When Smith and Colaiacovo get healthy he'll probably have to go back until someone gets hurt again. Easiest and least risky move the Wings can make to keep their depth on the blueline intact.

#30 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,959 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:24 PM

When Smith and Colaiacovo get healthy he'll probably have to go back until someone gets hurt again. Easiest and least risky move the Wings can make to keep their depth on the blueline intact.

I wouldn't necessarily count on that. I wouldn't be surprised if they send Huskins through waivers to GR.

#31 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:35 PM

now waiting for the 3 year extension for Brunner

#32 DSM

DSM

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

I wouldn't necessarily count on that. I wouldn't be surprised if they send Huskins through waivers to GR.

That would surprise me.

With 6 of their 9 dmen going in and out of the line up with injuries, I doubt they would risk losing one of them on waivers. Especially one of the three that have been healthy all season. Besides, Lashoff's re-assignment would only be temporary. They would be able to recall him when the 23 man roster limit is lifted after the trade deadline.

Edited by DSM, 25 February 2013 - 04:41 PM.

#33 shoobiedoobin

shoobiedoobin

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:40 PM

That would surprise me.

With 6 of their 9 dmen going in and out of the line up with injuries, I doubt they would risk losing one of them on waivers. Besides, Lashoff's re-assignment would only be temporary. They would be able to recall him when the 23 man roster limit is lifted after the trade deadline.

Or when someone gets hurt because well, let's just be honest...

#34 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

Kindl + 2nd round pick for Lebda

Kenny: "Lebda's a guy that's been here before and has shown he has chemistry with our other guys. I like where we stand."

#35 DSM

DSM

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:45 PM

Or when someone gets hurt because well, let's just be honest...

Lol, exactly.

Kindl + 2nd round pick for Lebda

Kenny: "Lebda's a guy that's been here before and has shown he has chemistry with our other guys. I like where we stand."

Lol. Kenny aint that cheap. He'd probably throw in Tatar as well. :tounge2:

#36 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,959 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

That would surprise me.

With 6 of their 9 dmen going in and out of the line up with injuries, I doubt they would risk losing one of them on waivers. Especially one of the three that have been healthy all season. Besides, Lashoff's re-assignment would only be temporary. They would be able to recall him when the 23 man roster limit is lifted after the trade deadline.

A 33 year old d-man that was out of the NHL & on an AHL try-out contract when the Wings picked him up as an injury stop gap? Sure, he's played a solid game for them but I seriously doubt he would be picked up on waivers.

#37 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,540 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

And thus fulfills Kenny's attempt to shore up the blueline. Nice extension, but I hope he doesn't think he's done.

A 33 year old d-man that was out of the NHL & on an AHL try-out contract when the Wings picked him up as an injury stop gap? Sure, he's played a solid game for them but I seriously doubt he would be picked up on waivers.

Garth Snow?

#38 DSM

DSM

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

It's a possibility though. They were going to re-assign Lashoff before Smith got hurt and Huskins was still on the team. It's the easiest move they can make. Again, we are 5 weeks from the trade deadline. If they think that he belongs in the top 6 at that point, they will recall him.

Just like Lebda in 05/06. He got a ton of playing time while Kronwall was hurt and after Fischer was out. They even signed a Huskins that season, in Jason Woolley. Lebda looked great all season, but eventually had to go back to GR for a little while. Once the roster limit was lifted, he was back up, and beat out Woolley and Cory Cross for a spot in the top 6 during the playoffs.

Edited by DSM, 25 February 2013 - 05:16 PM.

#39 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,892 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:08 PM

Good.  I like that kid.  Still has some learning to do, but showing good signs.

#40 StormJH1

StormJH1

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:14 PM

Good thing the rest of the hockey world doesn't think of Kindl this way. There's a world of difference between the two. Mursak was a 6th round pick. Kindl was 19th overall. Mursak really showed nothing in the NHL. Kindl minus our huge expectations has shown he can play in this league and do well from time to time. He's in a position that is tougher to come across, with a higher upside. And he's not going back to the AHL. If he's not playing for the Wings, he's playing for another NHL team. He's got trade value no matter how much we rag on him. There will be a GM or two out there willing to take a chance on a former first round pick on defense who looks like he just needs a change of scenary. Worse guys have gotten something in return.

Yeah, I probably agree.  He feels like 4th rounder in trade value to me, but that's just a shoot from the hip guess based on very little.  Of course, Kindl is a RFA after the season, so a deal before the trade deadline is kind of like a rental player situation.  I'm not sure what his value is in that situation, but I'm sure there is some value.  In other words, he's not Mike Commodore  :innocent:

I'm not even convinced Kindl can't be a decent NHL defenseman - there IS skill there.  It's just every time I think he's turning the corner, he takes 3 minors, or makes a dumb turnover, or gets lost on defense....