• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jedi

Wings sign (D) Brian Lashoff to 3-year, $2.175m extension

Rate this topic

He's been average, still gets beat pretty easily, but a big kid who enjoys playing and works hard. I have a hard time imagining its anything over 1mil AAV.

My guess is somewhere between $800-$900k.

Has Lashoff played his final AHL game?

When Smith and Colaiacovo get healthy he'll probably have to go back until someone gets hurt again. Easiest and least risky move the Wings can make to keep their depth on the blueline intact.

When Smith and Colaiacovo get healthy he'll probably have to go back until someone gets hurt again. Easiest and least risky move the Wings can make to keep their depth on the blueline intact.

I wouldn't necessarily count on that. I wouldn't be surprised if they send Huskins through waivers to GR.

I wouldn't necessarily count on that. I wouldn't be surprised if they send Huskins through waivers to GR.

That would surprise me.

With 6 of their 9 dmen going in and out of the line up with injuries, I doubt they would risk losing one of them on waivers. Especially one of the three that have been healthy all season. Besides, Lashoff's re-assignment would only be temporary. They would be able to recall him when the 23 man roster limit is lifted after the trade deadline.

Edited by DSM

That would surprise me.

With 6 of their 9 dmen going in and out of the line up with injuries, I doubt they would risk losing one of them on waivers. Besides, Lashoff's re-assignment would only be temporary. They would be able to recall him when the 23 man roster limit is lifted after the trade deadline.

Or when someone gets hurt because well, let's just be honest...

Or when someone gets hurt because well, let's just be honest...

Lol, exactly.

Kindl + 2nd round pick for Lebda

Kenny: "Lebda's a guy that's been here before and has shown he has chemistry with our other guys. I like where we stand."

Lol. Kenny aint that cheap. He'd probably throw in Tatar as well. :tounge2:

That would surprise me.

With 6 of their 9 dmen going in and out of the line up with injuries, I doubt they would risk losing one of them on waivers. Especially one of the three that have been healthy all season. Besides, Lashoff's re-assignment would only be temporary. They would be able to recall him when the 23 man roster limit is lifted after the trade deadline.

A 33 year old d-man that was out of the NHL & on an AHL try-out contract when the Wings picked him up as an injury stop gap? Sure, he's played a solid game for them but I seriously doubt he would be picked up on waivers.

And thus fulfills Kenny's attempt to shore up the blueline. Nice extension, but I hope he doesn't think he's done.

A 33 year old d-man that was out of the NHL & on an AHL try-out contract when the Wings picked him up as an injury stop gap? Sure, he's played a solid game for them but I seriously doubt he would be picked up on waivers.

Garth Snow?

It's a possibility though. They were going to re-assign Lashoff before Smith got hurt and Huskins was still on the team. It's the easiest move they can make. Again, we are 5 weeks from the trade deadline. If they think that he belongs in the top 6 at that point, they will recall him.

Just like Lebda in 05/06. He got a ton of playing time while Kronwall was hurt and after Fischer was out. They even signed a Huskins that season, in Jason Woolley. Lebda looked great all season, but eventually had to go back to GR for a little while. Once the roster limit was lifted, he was back up, and beat out Woolley and Cory Cross for a spot in the top 6 during the playoffs.

Edited by DSM

Good thing the rest of the hockey world doesn't think of Kindl this way. There's a world of difference between the two. Mursak was a 6th round pick. Kindl was 19th overall. Mursak really showed nothing in the NHL. Kindl minus our huge expectations has shown he can play in this league and do well from time to time. He's in a position that is tougher to come across, with a higher upside. And he's not going back to the AHL. If he's not playing for the Wings, he's playing for another NHL team. He's got trade value no matter how much we rag on him. There will be a GM or two out there willing to take a chance on a former first round pick on defense who looks like he just needs a change of scenary. Worse guys have gotten something in return.

Yeah, I probably agree. He feels like 4th rounder in trade value to me, but that's just a shoot from the hip guess based on very little. Of course, Kindl is a RFA after the season, so a deal before the trade deadline is kind of like a rental player situation. I'm not sure what his value is in that situation, but I'm sure there is some value. In other words, he's not Mike Commodore :innocent:

I'm not even convinced Kindl can't be a decent NHL defenseman - there IS skill there. It's just every time I think he's turning the corner, he takes 3 minors, or makes a dumb turnover, or gets lost on defense....

I honestly believe that we will have a solid top 4 when healthy.

Kronwall - Ericsson

Smith - Lashoff

Then we have Quincey, Colaiacovo, Kindl and Huskins to fight for the last 2 spots.

I would go with Kindl and Quincey I think, waive Huskins to GR and let Colaiacovo be the 7th guy.

Kronwall - Ericsson

Smith - Lashoff

Then we have Quincey, Colaiacovo, Kindl and Huskins to fight for the last 2 spots.

I would go with Kindl and Quincey I think, waive Huskins to GR and let Colaiacovo be the 7th guy.

I'd rather have Colaiacovo in the top 6 than Kindl. Huskins is also arguably more useful than Kindl.

i expect him to be on the roster next year. 725 would be a steal the way hes been playing

He should be. He becomes waiver eligible starting next season, so no more GR unless the Red Wings want to risk losing him on waivers. I think the length of the contract explains it too. If they didn't think he would be on the team full time, I doubt they would've given him 3 years.

Edited by DSM

Kronwall - Ericsson

Smith - Lashoff

There is also White

Good move. He has played well. TBH so has Kindl the past couple of games. In fact he played great over the weekend while paired with Huskins. yes pairings do matter and maybe playing with a true stay at home type helped. The idea of dropping a 25 year old 6-3/215 pound Dman, who is still 2-3 years away from his prime would be a mistake, unless it is part of a big time trade. Not a rental either.