• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#41 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:22 PM

Very happy for him, what a great story for an undrafted player. Btw, he's born in 1990 so he's only 22 years old. I thought he was couple of years older. Great signing!

"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#42 robb himself

robb himself

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:23 PM

I honestly believe that we will have a solid top 4 when healthy.

Kronwall - Ericsson

Smith - Lashoff

Then we have Quincey, Colaiacovo, Kindl and Huskins to fight for the last 2 spots.

I would go with Kindl and Quincey I think, waive Huskins to GR and let Colaiacovo be the 7th guy.

be about it!

#43 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:26 PM

Cap hit is 725,000 per Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#44 shoobiedoobin

shoobiedoobin

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:27 PM

Cap hit is 725,000 per Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

Damn good deal.

#45 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:31 PM

i expect him to be on the roster next year. 725 would be a steal the way hes been playing

#46 DSM

DSM

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

Kronwall - Ericsson

Smith - Lashoff

Then we have Quincey, Colaiacovo, Kindl and Huskins to fight for the last 2 spots.

I would go with Kindl and Quincey I think, waive Huskins to GR and let Colaiacovo be the 7th guy.

I'd rather have Colaiacovo in the top 6 than Kindl. Huskins is also arguably more useful than Kindl.

i expect him to be on the roster next year. 725 would be a steal the way hes been playing

He should be. He becomes waiver eligible starting next season, so no more GR unless the Red Wings want to risk losing him on waivers. I think the length of the contract explains it too. If they didn't think he would be on the team full time, I doubt they would've given him 3 years.

Edited by DSM, 25 February 2013 - 05:39 PM.

#47 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

Kronwall - Ericsson

Smith - Lashoff

There is also White

• DSM likes this
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#48 robb himself

robb himself

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:00 PM

There is also White

Oh snap I forgot White!

Well I would go with

Kronwall - Ericcson

Smith - Lashoff

Quincey - White

Kindl/Colaiacovo/Huskins

be about it!

#49 Marty Barry

Marty Barry

Buzkashi Grandmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

The wheels are starting to turn.  Keep going Kenny, never doubted you.  If Q starts to get better you are truly a genus.  LOL.

#50 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:03 PM

Good move. He has played well. TBH so has Kindl the past couple of games. In fact he played great over the weekend while paired with Huskins. yes pairings do matter and maybe playing with a true stay at home type helped. The idea of dropping a 25 year old 6-3/215 pound Dman, who is still 2-3 years away from his prime would be a mistake, unless it is part of a big time trade. Not a rental either.

#51 thegerkin

thegerkin

Statue of Liberty!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:11 PM

I'm happy about this. :thumbup:

#52 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:28 PM

Good news. Now lock up Brunner. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#53 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,610 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

The wheels are starting to turn.  Keep going Kenny, never doubted you.  If Q starts to get better you are truly a genus.  LOL.

Q needs to get WAY better to be worth that 1st rounder....like maybe leading the league in points better...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#54 DSM

DSM

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:44 PM

Good move. He has played well. TBH so has Kindl the past couple of games. In fact he played great over the weekend while paired with Huskins. yes pairings do matter and maybe playing with a true stay at home type helped. The idea of dropping a 25 year old 6-3/215 pound Dman, who is still 2-3 years away from his prime would be a mistake, unless it is part of a big time trade. Not a rental either.

You are way overvaluing Kindl. Players of his age and potential get used in deals for rentals just about every season.

What are the Wings supposed to do? Have him take up a valuable roster spot while they wait for him to reach his "prime"?

#55 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,610 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:48 PM

You are way overvaluing Kindl. Players of his age and potential get used in deals for rentals just about every season.

What are the Wings supposed to do? Have him take up a valuable roster spot while they wait for him to reach his "prime"?

Of course that answer is Hell NO! He was drafted in the 1st round, 19th overallm, 8 years ago.  He has had ample opportunity to crack the top 6 for awhile now, even with all the injuries he still cannot solidfy a top 6 spot.  He is pretty much a bust here, except for being a solid #7 guy who can come in for relief or injury replacement.  I can wish he could garner a 3rd rounder, but I think you were right he find his way out of Detroit via the wiaver wire, but just maybe he can be sent away with someone else in a package...but something tells me he won't.

Edited by LeftWinger, 25 February 2013 - 06:48 PM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#56 DSM

DSM

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

Of course that answer is Hell NO! He was drafted in the 1st round, 19th overallm, 8 years ago.  He has had ample opportunity to crack the top 6 for awhile now, even with all the injuries he still cannot solidfy a top 6 spot.  He is pretty much a bust here, except for being a solid #7 guy who can come in for relief or injury replacement.  I can wish he could garner a 3rd rounder, but I think you were right he find his way out of Detroit via the wiaver wire, but just maybe he can be sent away with someone else in a package...but something tells me he won't.

McCollum was supposed to be a #1 goaltender too. Should he eat up a roster spot while we wait for him to reach his prime too?

#57 shoobiedoobin

shoobiedoobin

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:54 PM

^Yeah cause 19th overall defensemen who have good NHL experience usually get sent packing for nothing. Like I said before we undervalue him but our narrow mindedness keeps us from realizing we're just a few guys on forums, the hockey world doesn't agree.

#58 Classic

Classic

Jimmy Howard fanboi.

• 25 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:59 PM

Fantastic news! Brunner next please.  :lol:

Detroit Red Wings - Brunning away with it.

Glasgow Celtic F.C. - A Commons affair.

#59 DSM

DSM

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:59 PM

^Yeah cause 19th overall defensemen who have good NHL experience usually get sent packing for nothing. Like I said before we undervalue him but our narrow mindedness keeps us from realizing we're just a few guys on forums, the hockey world doesn't agree.

I'm not saying he woul get sent packing for nothing. But it wouldn't be unrealistic if he did end up getting packaged at the deadline for a good playoff rental player.

#60 shoobiedoobin

shoobiedoobin

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:02 PM

No sorry, not you. The guy above you.