• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jedi

Wings sign (D) Brian Lashoff to 3-year, $2.175m extension

Rate this topic

Good move. He has played well. TBH so has Kindl the past couple of games. In fact he played great over the weekend while paired with Huskins. yes pairings do matter and maybe playing with a true stay at home type helped. The idea of dropping a 25 year old 6-3/215 pound Dman, who is still 2-3 years away from his prime would be a mistake, unless it is part of a big time trade. Not a rental either.

You are way overvaluing Kindl. Players of his age and potential get used in deals for rentals just about every season.

What are the Wings supposed to do? Have him take up a valuable roster spot while they wait for him to reach his "prime"?

You are way overvaluing Kindl. Players of his age and potential get used in deals for rentals just about every season.

What are the Wings supposed to do? Have him take up a valuable roster spot while they wait for him to reach his "prime"?

Of course that answer is Hell NO! He was drafted in the 1st round, 19th overallm, 8 years ago. He has had ample opportunity to crack the top 6 for awhile now, even with all the injuries he still cannot solidfy a top 6 spot. He is pretty much a bust here, except for being a solid #7 guy who can come in for relief or injury replacement. I can wish he could garner a 3rd rounder, but I think you were right he find his way out of Detroit via the wiaver wire, but just maybe he can be sent away with someone else in a package...but something tells me he won't.

Edited by LeftWinger

Of course that answer is Hell NO! He was drafted in the 1st round, 19th overallm, 8 years ago. He has had ample opportunity to crack the top 6 for awhile now, even with all the injuries he still cannot solidfy a top 6 spot. He is pretty much a bust here, except for being a solid #7 guy who can come in for relief or injury replacement. I can wish he could garner a 3rd rounder, but I think you were right he find his way out of Detroit via the wiaver wire, but just maybe he can be sent away with someone else in a package...but something tells me he won't.

McCollum was supposed to be a #1 goaltender too. Should he eat up a roster spot while we wait for him to reach his prime too?

^Yeah cause 19th overall defensemen who have good NHL experience usually get sent packing for nothing. Like I said before we undervalue him but our narrow mindedness keeps us from realizing we're just a few guys on forums, the hockey world doesn't agree.

I'm not saying he woul get sent packing for nothing. But it wouldn't be unrealistic if he did end up getting packaged at the deadline for a good playoff rental player.

Guest Crymson

As pessimistic an atmosphere as this forum can have at times, it has absolutely nothing on the Wings' HFBoards subforum in that category. The majority of posters over there are acting as if this signing means the end of the world. My personal favorite:

As long as Lashoff is on our top 6 and on the PK, this team goes nowhere.

I like the signing. $725K is well worth it for a solid bottom-pairing defenseman, and Lashoff still has room for improvement.

Q needs to get WAY better to be worth that 1st rounder....like maybe leading the league in points better...

people always harp on the fact that a 1st rounder was traded for Quincey. Don't get me wrong, when I heard the news I thought it was a high price as well. But, ignoring the first chunk of games this season, Quincey has actually been pretty decent.

My point is, we should be judging his play based solely on his play - not on the price Holland paid to acquire him.

people always harp on the fact that a 1st rounder was traded for Quincey. Don't get me wrong, when I heard the news I thought it was a high price as well. But, ignoring the first chunk of games this season, Quincey has actually been pretty decent.

My point is, we should be judging his play based solely on his play - not on the price Holland paid to acquire him.

Exactly. Holland knew that the team was going to lose two dmen going into an offseason with a very thin selection of UFA dmen. Holland did what he could to try and alleviate the loss. On paper Quincey looked good. He had been a solid top 4 dman in LA and was familiar to the Red Wings organization.

The Red Wings needed immediate help on the blueline. Keeping the 1st rounder would've given the Red wings a prospect that realistically wouldn't be making an impact for 4-5 years, who might end up turning into another Kindl... or worse McCollum...

Kindl + Helm + 2nd for Yandle? Does that cut it?

Fixed.

I'd trade Helm+Kindl+2nd for Yandle and resign Flippula as a 3rd line center

That would actually probably just get the negotiations going. Phoenix would probably push to get Smith instead of Kindl.

Guest Crymson

Kronwall-Yandle

Ericsson-Smith

Lashoff-Quincey

White, Huskins

Kindl + Flippula + 2nd for Yandle? Does that cut it?

If you are unhappy about Kronwall's defensive play, you would be very unhappy to have Yandle on this team. It has been said numerous times by numerous people, and I'll say it again: Yandle sucks in the defensive end.

Edit: To answer your question, no, that wouldn't do it.

Lashoff on a bad day > Ericsson on a good day times 2

In Bizarro World, sure. In the real universe, Ericsson is having an excellent season.

On a related note, I learned today that Ericsson is ranked 5th amongst defensemen in even strength points.

Brunner-Zetterberg-Franz

Perry-Datsyuk-Nyquist

Tatar-Flippula-Bertuzzi

Andersson-Abdelkader-Tootoo

Kronwall-Yandle

Smith-Ericsson

Quincey-Dekeseyer

Lashoff

Barring (among other factors) Bettman allowing the team to circumvent the cap, that roster is not a possibility.

I'd trade Helm+Kindl+2nd for Yandle and resign Flippula as a 3rd line center

Sign Perry in the offseason and we're rebuilt

Phoenix would not bite on that wholly insufficient package.

Edited by Crymson