• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jedi

Wings sign (D) Brian Lashoff to 3-year, $2.175m extension

Rate this topic

Why trade the best 3rd line Center in the NHL?

Phoenix would laugh if Kenny offered this IMO.

Laugh how?

Helm is great and blah blah blah but you don't get valuable players without giving some up... Who would be a better 3rd line center anyways? Flip or Helm. Our penalty kill was still laughable with helm in the line up soo

Guest Crymson

Laugh how?

Helm is great and blah blah blah but you don't get valuable players without giving some up... Who would be a better 3rd line center anyways? Flip or Helm. Our penalty kill was still laughable with helm in the line up soo

Phoenix would laugh because it's an absurd trade. Yandle is their #2 d-man. They're not about to trade him for a grinder and a disposable part. Back in 2008, would you have traded Rafalski for an equivalent package? I'm going to guess no.

Edited by Crymson

Helm is our heart. Datsyuk the soul.

Im no sure people really understand what I believe Helm brings to this team. He IS the motor, the ethic, of this team. Datsyuk is close, but i think his ease in his game makes his ethic less visible (although he is obviously an incredibly hard competitor). Helm busts it night in, night out. Against the Canucks, the Hawks, and even the Jackets. The guy plays every shift like they could send him down after the game. There's a reason why he stands out so much in the playoffs. Because he outworks everybody. I also believe I heard that teams have hounded Kenny to give him up and Kenny thinks he's the best bottom six guy in the league. Pretty sure the quote is out there somewhere.

Guest The Axe

Im no sure people really understand what I believe Helm brings to this team. He IS the motor, the ethic, of this team. Datsyuk is close, but i think his ease in his game makes his ethic less visible (although he is obviously an incredibly hard competitor). Helm busts it night in, night out. Against the Canucks, the Hawks, and even the Jackets. The guy plays every shift like they could send him down after the game. There's a reason why he stands out so much in the playoffs. Because he outworks everybody. I also believe I heard that teams have hounded Kenny to give him up and Kenny thinks he's the best bottom six guy in the league. Pretty sure the quote is out there somewhere.

Agreed. Helm has an "it" none of the other wings have. Its not as valuable as Datsyuk's it, but it is definitely awesome.

This is a fantastic deal for Detroit. Locking him in for 3 years at $725,000 per is a bargain. He's slipped in and quietly proved he can be a Brad Stuart type of player for the Wings. Not many defensemen walk in on their first call-up and average 18:54 each night as a top 4 d-man.

Just look at where Lashoff's managed to fit in among the defense...

His stats after 15 games, ranked against the other Wings defensemen:

1g 2a 3pts (4th)

2:56 SH TOI/G (3rd)

18:54 TOI/G (4th)

21 Blocked Shots (3rd)

23 Hits (1st)

4 PIM (5th, and pretty impressive given how physical he is and that he's a rookie)

-4 +/- (worst-- tied with Kronwall)

He's managed to completely outplay Quincey as a rookie with no previous call-up experience.

Guest The Axe

This is a fantastic deal for Detroit. Locking him in for 3 years at $725,000 per is a bargain. He's slipped in and quietly proved he can be a Brad Stuart type of player for the Wings. Not many defensemen walk in on their first call-up and average 18:54 each night as a top 4 d-man.

Just look at where Lashoff's managed to fit in among the defense...

His stats after 15 games, ranked against the other Wings defensemen:

1g 2a 3pts (4th)

2:56 SH TOI/G (3rd)

18:54 TOI/G (4th)

21 Blocked Shots (3rd)

23 Hits (1st)

4 PIM (5th, and pretty impressive given how physical he is and that he's a rookie)

-4 +/- (worst-- tied with Kronwall)

He's managed to completely outplay Quincey as a rookie with no previous call-up experience.

Easy on the Quincey crap. Its crap. He's played well outside of his first 2 games. He's a good player.

Easy on the Quincey crap. Its crap. He's played well outside of his first 2 games. He's a good player.

Explain to me why we snapped our losing skid and went on a tear outscoring opponents 12-3 in the last two games once quincey was finally out then...

Explain to me why we snapped our losing skid and went on a tear outscoring opponents 12-3 in the last two games once quincey was finally out then...

Lol Quincey is steady most nights. He makes a lot of mistakes but I still think we haven't seen the best of him. You don't actually believe that because Quincey was out that we scored 8 goals.

Lol Quincey is steady most nights. He makes a lot of mistakes but I still think we haven't seen the best of him. You don't actually believe that because Quincey was out that we scored 8 goals.

I believe that because Quincey was out we shut out Nashville. He doesn't really have a good place on our team, IMO we are better off without him

He has no points in 17 games and anything defensively would have been an improvement from those two games. I still wouldn't call him reliable or steady on defense. Certainly not someone you give up a first rounder to acquire.

Guest The Axe

Everyone who likes Quincey will "Like" your post Axe. Im sure of it. :ok:

I think im the only one.