• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
cr00d

Gus Nyquist...

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

A line of Tatar, Datsyuk, and Nyquist would be dangerously small. Datsyuk can hold his own against players of any size, but the other two cannot.

I agree.

I'm not dogging Gusteve Nyzerman, I think he has a future with the team, but right now there is no place where he would fit in and help the team. He needs all the AHL he can get, so he can add a little edge to that 5-11 185lb game.

Right now Datsyuk is playing with Abdelkader and Cleary...Just sayin

Right now Datsyuk is playing with Abdelkader and Cleary...Just sayin

Right. Nyquist is clearly more skilled and bigger than Tatar. I dont see how Nyquist needs all the AHL he can get for his "frame" when he's out performed, is mre skilled, and is bigger than Tatar. Abdelkader is usless and will probably never be better than he is now and Cleary is 2 days from retirement. How is Nyquist playing with Datsyuk instead of in the AHL gonna hurt his development?

Everytime Nyquist is here, Babcock plays him in the bottom 6....much like he is doing with Tatar...I think he should have his shot in the top6 like Brunner has been given, if he still has the same results as he has had in the past, then maybe it's time to move forward without him...but I think given top 6 minutes consistently, he will shine....as would Tatar if Babcock would put him there...

Filppula - Datsyuk - Tatar

Nyquist - Zetterberg - Brunner

Role with it and lets see what plays out!

Everytime Nyquist is here, Babcock plays him in the bottom 6....much like he is doing with Tatar...I think he should have his shot in the top6 like Brunner has been given, if he still has the same results as he has had in the past, then maybe it's time to move forward without him...but I think given top 6 minutes consistently, he will shine....as would Tatar if Babcock would put him there...

I am dying to see Pavs setting up Tatar. Throw Filps in there and you have two guys who can set plays up. I just have a man crush on Tatar and see him being a good scorer for us in time.

Nah, Nyquist played with Pav last year. But yes Tatar should get a chance up there as well

Guest The Axe

I am dying to see Pavs setting up Tatar. Throw Filps in there and you have two guys who can set plays up. I just have a man crush on Tatar and see him being a good scorer for us in time.

I like Tatar too. He likes to score!

While I love those lines....a lot....I can't wait for Helm to come back and imagine the fun we can have with a top 9 barring further injuries.

Brunner-Z-Flip

Tatar-Dats-Franzen

Nyquist-Helm-Bertuzzi

3rd line would have to be the Robaxacet line. Hope Helm and Tuzzi get better soon.

I love this as our top 6! It also puts Franzen back to line 3 where he can be under the radar score lots of goals and have fun.

I love this as our top 6! It also puts Franzen back to line 3 where he can be under the radar score lots of goals and have fun.

Who in their is going to be the guy that dirties it up? Camps in front of the net? Works the boards?

I see 4 passers, a Tatar, and 1 sniper in that top 6. Not very balanced.

Guest irishock

Those lines are too small. Mule's got to replace one of Tatar and Nyquist

Guest Johnz96
Last night he recorded his 3rd 3consecutive 3 point game to take the AHL scoring lead.
I think Nyquist and Tatar are 2 of our 6 best forwards. Unfortunately for them the other 4 are all also small finesse players. I think we would be best rolling 3 lines and a checking/energy line.

Guest The Axe

Might as well keep ripening him, seeing as how easily goals are coming to the big club these days. Ugggg

In 18 games, many of those on Pavel's wing, Nyquist scored exactly ONE goal. This guy is not an NHL caliber winger yet.

Also, Abby is on Pavel's wing because with all the injuries Babs wanted a big body on the top line to dig out pucks, drive the net, screen the goalie, and generally do what big bodied forwards do. He's not there to score a bunch of goals, he's there to make space for Pav.

Nyquist would do jack s*** on Pav's wing, if you want to see youth on his wing promote Tatar to that spot, he actually finds the back of the net once in a blue moon (at the NHL level).

Tatar would be a better choice than Cleary, who in my opinion has become totally irrelevant. When Cleary first came to Detroit he played a hard passionate game, now it seems as though he thinks he's a star and working the corners is beneath him.

If I could choose...

Cleary, Zet, Brunner

Franzen, Dats, Nyquist

Abby (or Andersson), Fil, Tatar

Tootoo, Abby/Andersson, Eaves/Miller

This would give us a third line that could be lethal. Cleary on the top line doesn't look great but it gives z and brunner a board/net player and moving franzen down with dats and nyquist gives that line a sniper.

So were keeping Cleary around now because hes a big body? Hes giving it his all, but hes done!

Brunner - Zetterberg - Franzen

Tatar - Datsyuk - Nyquist

Eaves - Andersson - Abdelkader

Miller - Emmerton - Tootoo

Only because thats whos available.

If I could choose...

Cleary, Zet, Brunner

Franzen, Dats, Nyquist

Abby (or Andersson), Fil, Tatar

Tootoo, Abby/Andersson, Eaves/Miller

This would give us a third line that could be lethal. Cleary on the top line doesn't look great but it gives z and brunner a board/net player and moving franzen down with dats and nyquist gives that line a sniper.

I like this lineup a lot.

So were keeping Cleary around now because hes a big body? Hes giving it his all, but hes done!

Brunner - Zetterberg - Franzen

Tatar - Datsyuk - Nyquist

Eaves - Andersson - Abdelkader

Miller - Emmerton - Tootoo

Only because thats whos available.

Dats' line it too small and too soft here. Babs and Dats like having at least one bigger player on Dats' wing to create space, engage in the corner, etc. IMO that line needs Mule (at least) for it to work. Also, two rookies are going to be difficult to trust defensively against the other teams' top 2 lines.

Dats' line it too small and too soft here. Babs and Dats like having at least one bigger player on Dats' wing to create space, engage in the corner, etc. IMO that line needs Mule (at least) for it to work. Also, two rookies are going to be difficult to trust defensively against the other teams' top 2 lines.

Except Abdelkader has hands of lead and a head of stone, and while he may make more room (marginally) he is basically a negative in the offensive zone. Pair this with the fact that Cleary's abilities are sinking faster than the titanic, the 2nd line has become almost a non-issue to the opposing defense. At least that 'small soft line' would force the other teams to make a choice whether they send their best defenders against Z's line or against that line.

Except Abdelkader has hands of lead and a head of stone, and while he may make more room (marginally) he is basically a negative in the offensive zone. Pair this with the fact that Cleary's abilities are sinking faster than the titanic, the 2nd line has become almost a non-issue to the opposing defense. At least that 'small soft line' would force the other teams to make a choice whether they send their best defenders against Z's line or against that line.

I think one of Cleary or Abby should be swapped with Mule or Tatar as it stands. That line would be skilled but it would be without anyone good at creating space or engaging in the corners, and it could be a defensive liability.

I think we can all agree Pav makes his own space and engages in corners etc. As far as the line being to small.......there are, and have been alot smaller and successful lines. (habs) Dont get me wrong, I think a Clowe type player would be great on Pavs wing.

Think about how electrifying that line would be. Not to mention Pav would feel like he a kid again.

Who know right? Sounds like there will be a player or two returning, so that opens up more options

Guest The Axe

Tatar-Helm-Brunner

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Ericsson

Andersson-Filppula-Nyquist

Miller-Emmerton-Tootoo

Kronwall-Lashoff

Quincey-Kindl

Colo-Smith

Howard

Gustavsson

Tatar-Helm-Brunner

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Ericsson

Andersson-Filppula-Nyquist

Miller-Emmerton-Tootoo

Kronwall-Lashoff

Quincey-Kindl

Colo-Smith

Howard

Gustavsson

Do you just come on , have a complete spazzzz on your keyboard and post as much unreasonable non sense as possible in the shortest amount of time.