Photo
- - - - -

Gus Nyquist...

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#81 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

Everytime Nyquist is here, Babcock plays him in the bottom 6....much like he is doing with Tatar...I think he should have his shot in the top6 like Brunner has been given, if he still has the same results as he has had in the past, then maybe it's time to move forward without him...but I think given top 6 minutes consistently, he will shine....as would Tatar if Babcock would put him there...

Filppula - Datsyuk - Tatar

Nyquist - Zetterberg - Brunner

Role with it and lets see what plays out!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#82 Danglesyuk05

Danglesyuk05

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:55 PM

Everytime Nyquist is here, Babcock plays him in the bottom 6....much like he is doing with Tatar...I think he should have his shot in the top6 like Brunner has been given, if he still has the same results as he has had in the past, then maybe it's time to move forward without him...but I think given top 6 minutes consistently, he will shine....as would Tatar if Babcock would put him there...

I am dying to see Pavs setting up Tatar. Throw Filps in there and you have two guys who can set plays up. I just have a man crush on Tatar and see him being a good scorer for us in time.

Detroit Sports!

#83 PavelValerievichDatsyuk

PavelValerievichDatsyuk

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:31 PM

Nah, Nyquist played with Pav last year. But yes Tatar should get a chance up there as well

#84 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

I am dying to see Pavs setting up Tatar. Throw Filps in there and you have two guys who can set plays up. I just have a man crush on Tatar and see him being a good scorer for us in time.

I like Tatar too. He likes to score!

#85 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:04 PM

While I love those lines....a lot....I can't wait for Helm to come back and imagine the fun we can have with a top 9 barring further injuries.

Brunner-Z-Flip

Tatar-Dats-Franzen

Nyquist-Helm-Bertuzzi

3rd line would have to be the Robaxacet line.  Hope Helm and Tuzzi get better soon.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#86 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:34 AM

I love this as our top 6!  It also puts Franzen back to line 3 where he can be under the radar score lots of goals and have fun.

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#87 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:41 AM

I love this as our top 6!  It also puts Franzen back to line 3 where he can be under the radar score lots of goals and have fun.

Who in their is going to be the guy that dirties it up? Camps in front of the net? Works the boards?

I see 4 passers, a Tatar, and 1 sniper in that top 6. Not very balanced.

#88 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:42 AM

Those lines are too small. Mule's got to replace one of Tatar and Nyquist

bringit.jpg

#89 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:52 AM

Last night he recorded his 3rd 3consecutive 3 point game to take the AHL scoring lead.
I think Nyquist and Tatar are 2 of our 6 best forwards. Unfortunately for them the other 4 are all also small finesse players. I think we would be best rolling 3 lines and a checking/energy line.

#90 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:58 AM

Might as well keep ripening him, seeing as how easily goals are coming to the big club these days. Ugggg

#91 nuts2u

nuts2u

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:41 AM

In 18 games, many of those on Pavel's wing, Nyquist scored exactly ONE goal.  This guy is not an NHL caliber winger yet. 

Also, Abby is on Pavel's wing because with all the injuries Babs wanted a big body on the top line to dig out pucks, drive the net, screen the goalie, and generally do what big bodied forwards do.  He's not there to score a bunch of goals, he's there to make space for Pav. 

Nyquist would do jack s*** on Pav's wing, if you want to see youth on his wing promote Tatar to that spot, he actually finds the back of the net once in a blue moon (at the NHL level).

Tatar would be a better choice than Cleary, who in my opinion has become totally irrelevant. When Cleary first came to Detroit he played a hard passionate game, now it seems as though he thinks he's a star and working the corners is beneath him.

#92 wingedominance13

wingedominance13

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:44 AM

If I could choose...

Cleary, Zet, Brunner

Franzen, Dats, Nyquist

Abby (or Andersson), Fil, Tatar

Tootoo, Abby/Andersson, Eaves/Miller

This would give us a third line that could be lethal. Cleary on the top line doesn't look great but it gives z and brunner a board/net player and moving franzen down with dats and nyquist gives that line a sniper.

#93 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:22 PM

Filppula - Datsyuk - Franzen

Cleary - Zetterberg - Brunner

Nyquist - Helm - Tatar

Abdelkader - Andersson - Tootoo

#94 WINGS & FLOW

WINGS & FLOW

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:48 PM

So were keeping Cleary around now because hes a big body?   Hes giving it his all, but hes done!

Brunner - Zetterberg - Franzen                    

Tatar - Datsyuk - Nyquist

Eaves - Andersson - Abdelkader

Miller - Emmerton - Tootoo

Only because thats whos available. 

#95 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:05 PM

If I could choose...

Cleary, Zet, Brunner

Franzen, Dats, Nyquist

Abby (or Andersson), Fil, Tatar

Tootoo, Abby/Andersson, Eaves/Miller

This would give us a third line that could be lethal. Cleary on the top line doesn't look great but it gives z and brunner a board/net player and moving franzen down with dats and nyquist gives that line a sniper.

I like this lineup a lot.

So were keeping Cleary around now because hes a big body?   Hes giving it his all, but hes done!

Brunner - Zetterberg - Franzen                    

Tatar - Datsyuk - Nyquist

Eaves - Andersson - Abdelkader

Miller - Emmerton - Tootoo

Only because thats whos available. 

Dats' line it too small and too soft here. Babs and Dats like having at least one bigger player on Dats' wing to create space, engage in the corner, etc. IMO that line needs Mule (at least) for it to work. Also, two rookies are going to be difficult to trust defensively against the other teams' top 2 lines.

#96 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:24 PM

Dats' line it too small and too soft here. Babs and Dats like having at least one bigger player on Dats' wing to create space, engage in the corner, etc. IMO that line needs Mule (at least) for it to work. Also, two rookies are going to be difficult to trust defensively against the other teams' top 2 lines.

Except Abdelkader has hands of lead and a head of stone, and while he may make more room (marginally) he is basically a negative in the offensive zone. Pair this with the fact that Cleary's abilities are sinking faster than the titanic, the 2nd line has become almost a non-issue to the opposing defense. At least that 'small soft line' would force the other teams to make a choice whether they send their best defenders against Z's line or against that line.

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#97 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:30 PM

Except Abdelkader has hands of lead and a head of stone, and while he may make more room (marginally) he is basically a negative in the offensive zone. Pair this with the fact that Cleary's abilities are sinking faster than the titanic, the 2nd line has become almost a non-issue to the opposing defense. At least that 'small soft line' would force the other teams to make a choice whether they send their best defenders against Z's line or against that line.

I think one of Cleary or Abby should be swapped with Mule or Tatar as it stands. That line would be skilled but it would be without anyone good at creating space or engaging in the corners, and it could be a defensive liability.

#98 WINGS & FLOW

WINGS & FLOW

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:29 PM

I think we can all agree Pav makes his own space and engages in corners etc.  As far as the line being to small.......there are, and have been alot smaller and successful lines. (habs)   Dont get me wrong, I think a Clowe type player would be great on Pavs wing.

Think about how electrifying that line would be.  Not to mention Pav would feel like he a kid again.

Who know right?  Sounds like there will be a player or two returning, so that opens up more options

#99 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:11 PM

Tatar-Helm-Brunner
Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Ericsson
Andersson-Filppula-Nyquist
Miller-Emmerton-Tootoo

Kronwall-Lashoff
Quincey-Kindl
Colo-Smith

Howard
Gustavsson

#100 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:37 PM

Tatar-Helm-Brunner
Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Ericsson
Andersson-Filppula-Nyquist
Miller-Emmerton-Tootoo

Kronwall-Lashoff
Quincey-Kindl
Colo-Smith

Howard
Gustavsson

Do you just come on , have a complete spazzzz on your keyboard and post as much unreasonable non sense as possible in the shortest amount of time.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!