• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#121 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:15 AM

He has looked amazing the last two games. I think he is getting comfortable enough to start being more of a playmaker and it really showed against the Blackhawks yesterday. He made several great passes which led to great scoring chances for Zetterberg and Franzen, unfortunately unable to convert. He still isn't afraid to go to the net and jam for pucks, either.

Offensive talents aside, I've been very impressed with his compete level on the backcheck and in the defensive zone the last stretch of games. The kid just keeps improving, I love it.

#122 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,609 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:18 AM

The last thing we need is for Brunner to become a playmaker...we have too many of those already! He needs to more of a Cy Young winner than a playmaker.  That pass he gave to Franzia, the one that Franzia love tapped and wondered why he couldn't score, Brunner would've buried it top shelf.  People need to stop telling him to be a playmaker, he was brought here to score goals, not create them...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#123 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:29 AM

The last thing we need is for Brunner to become a playmaker...we have too many of those already! He needs to more of a Cy Young winner than a playmaker.  That pass he gave to Franzia, the one that Franzia love tapped and wondered why he couldn't score, Brunner would've buried it top shelf.  People need to stop telling him to be a playmaker, he was brought here to score goals, not create them...

By no means am I or anyone else calling for him to be more of a playmaker. He will always be a shoot-first guy, but when he was overseas he had much more to his game than just shooting and it's encouraging to see that starting to emerge here, along with his commitment to tightening up defensively. Being able to create along with Zetterberg is a huge bonus. We have enough one-dimensional players in Franzen and Samuelsson.

#124 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:46 PM

Disagree completely. Him making those great passes will open much more opportunities for him. I don't want him floating at the top of the circle like Ovechkin, Brunner has the capacity to be a very good complete player, and that's what he should focus on. The goals will follow, his line will have more offensive zone pressure, he'll have more odd man rushes etc.