• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
achildr1

Kings trade Gagne to PHI

Rate this topic

Kings trade Gagne to Flyers for a 4th round pick.

Why is Kenny never in on stuff like this? I know we have a lot of forwards but were also injury ridden and Gagne, hurt a lot or not, is easily worth a fourth. Even if we did it just so we could flip Cleary, Miller, Eaves, etc out.

yep you're right Holland never trades picks for players. That must be why we've had 4 first round picks since 2001.

Gagne would be hated here, no goals, injured, and a 3.5 million dollar salary. he couldn't really play on the powerplay, never plays on the penalty kill. is a tweener 2nd-3rd liner, that isn't fast, physical, or good defensively.

Holland might well be doing stuff like this in the near future, but I'm pretty glad he didn't this time. Gagne has lost his legs and his game if a shadow of it's former self.

I thought he'd retire last year with a Cup. He's out of gas.

I would have been more interested in the Ryder/Cole trade today.

I thought he'd retire last year with a Cup. He's out of gas.

I would have been more interested in the Ryder/Cole trade today.

Dude, I just commented in another thread that Cole was my sleeper pick for the Wings. He's definitely a guy I would have loved to see in the Winged Wheel. Well both he and Ryder actually. That bums me out pretty bad.

Dude, I just commented in another thread that Cole was my sleeper pick for the Wings. He's definitely a guy I would have loved to see in the Winged Wheel. Well both he and Ryder actually. That bums me out pretty bad.

Yeah, we need somebody on LGW to bug Kenny's phone so we can keep tabs on his actual dialogue with other GMs. Curious to know if there was any regarding either of those two guys.

On one hand, a 4th won't usually get a player like Gagne. On the other hand a 4th got us Pulk and Gus. So you never know.

Sometimes we treat players like they're all positive, just to different degrees. Sometimes the negatives outweigh the positives and from what I've heard for all his pluses his negatives were holding the Kings down more than the positives were helping them. He has a wicked shot but he was also lazy and floating a lot, he's not a defensive guy at all, and I've heard he was a locker room slacker. Not "a cancer" like people like anyone who isn't a super duper leader, but just a guy who could care less. And they figured it was time to get that out of the locker room. If he has the attitude people say he has, that can infect a locker room. As much as I think Dean Lombardi is an assbag, he wouldn't do this without a reason.

Why is Kenny never in on stuff like this? I know we have a lot of forwards but were also injury ridden and Gagne, hurt a lot or not, is easily worth a fourth. Even if we did it just so we could flip Cleary, Miller, Eaves, etc out.

For this deal specifically, LA probably wouldn't deal with Detroit since they are battling for the same playoff spots. I wouldn't want Gagne anyway, we have enough injury prone players.

This looks more like a gamble for Philly. They need some offense and rather than shell out assets for a good player right away, get Gagne as a cheap reclamation project and see if a change of scenery can give him a spark. If not, make a deal for a better forward at the deadline and you'll have Gagne around for depth.

Getting Gagne would have been a huge waste! Who's spot would he have taken in the lineup?

Guest Crymson

No offense, but you're flat-out wrong. Gagne is injured half the time, and he rides the bench for much of the rest. And when he's on the ice, he's a liability in the defensive zone.

Cole is on the older side, inconsistent, and on a horrific contract. More, he's on pace for a whopping eight goals this season. I don't know why you'd want him.

Edited by Crymson

No offense, but you're flat-out wrong. Gagne is injured half the time, and he rides the bench for much of the rest. And when he's on the ice, he's a liability in the defensive zone.

Cole is on the older side, inconsistent, and on a horrific contract. More, he's on pace for a whopping eight goals this season. I don't know why you'd want him.

$4.5 mil at 34, even with two more years on it, with \/ THIS \/ as his last two years is horrific?

G A P

He hits, fights, was beloved in Carolina, seems to be an energy guy. How's playing next to Zetterberg or Datsyuk not going to be better than Desharnais, Plekanec, or whoever? He's actually on an ok contract considering contract's nowadays. He's Dan Cleary, but better. He has a Cup ring and more or less had his career year, last year. Short of '09-'10, he's actually pretty consistant and shoots fairly often. I personally would welcome a big bodied, 30 goal scorer who plays the game like he cares...PUN intended Johan.

Edited by achildr1

No. Just no. Erik Cole=Dan Cleary. Seriously I cannot believe the Canadiens swung that trade, that's unreal

$4.5 mil at 34, even with two more years on it, with \/ THIS \/ as his last two years is horrific?

G A P

He hits, fights, was beloved in Carolina, seems to be an energy guy. How's playing next to Zetterberg or Datsyuk not going to be better than Desharnais, Plekanec, or whoever? He's actually on an ok contract considering contract's nowadays. He's Dan Cleary, but better. He has a Cup ring and more or less had his career year, last year. Short of '09-'10, he's actually pretty consistant and shoots fairly often. I personally would welcome a big bodied, 30 goal scorer who plays the game like he cares...PUN intended Johan.

This a joke? He has played with a complete lack of energy this season. :lol: If I tell my fellow Montreal fans some of these posts they will laugh their behinds off. Many believe this was a complete steal

Gagne trade thread not the Ryder/Cole thread.

On regards to Gagne his production has decreased a lot within these last few seasons. Of course it might have to do with his injuries. However not a bad trade overall. Gagne has some worth just not what he was producing 4-6 seasons ago.

No. Just no. Erik Cole=Dan Cleary. Seriously I cannot believe the Canadiens swung that trade, that's unreal

This a joke? He has played with a complete lack of energy this season. :lol: If I tell my fellow Montreal fans some of these posts they will laugh their behinds off. Many believe this was a complete steal

Well apparently he did a heck of alot right last year and the year before. He's obviously more consistant, more talented, and clearly better than Cleary at this stage of his career. Cleary could retire today and a better, more consistant, less injured, and younger player would take his spot immediatly. Cole clearly has worth on the open market, whether or not you or Montrael fans think it was a bad trade. Do you think we could get anything of worth for Cleary? The Gagne trade will answer that for you.

I really don't think Gagne is worth a 4th round pick. The Flyers are desperate to get anything going, but Gagne is a bit of a reach. His career has been a story of untapped potential, but the last several years he's been tapering off. I just don't think he's got enough in the tank to be a viable NHL player anymore.

yep you're right Holland never trades picks for players. That must be why we've had 4 first round picks since 2001.

Gagne would be hated here, no goals, injured, and a 3.5 million dollar salary. he couldn't really play on the powerplay, never plays on the penalty kill. is a tweener 2nd-3rd liner, that isn't fast, physical, or good defensively.

Plus, what number would he have been?

While the Flyers were on the phone with LA, does anyone think they made a pitch for Bernier? Cause Bryzgalov is the worst starter in the NHL.

When we beat Pheonix in the playoffs right before Bryzgalov became a UFA, you could tell he just quit. His body language wreecked of it. It was so obvious he wasnt giving it his all. If I would have been looking to give him a crazy, super deal....I would have reconsidered immediately after seeing that. Pheonix is so much better off having let him go.

Guest Crymson

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe in more recent years Holland & Co had traded away late 1st round draft picks for an additional 2nd and/or 3rd round pick.

Correct.