• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:06 AM

The standings say that desperate times call for desperate measures.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#22 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:29 AM

yep you're right Holland never trades picks for players. That must be why we've had 4 first round picks since 2001.

Gagne would be hated here, no goals, injured, and a 3.5 million dollar salary. he couldn't really play on the powerplay, never plays on the penalty kill. is a tweener 2nd-3rd liner, that isn't fast, physical, or good defensively.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe in more recent years Holland & Co had traded away late 1st round draft picks for an additional 2nd and/or 3rd round pick.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#23 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,198 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:45 AM

While the Flyers were on the phone with LA, does anyone think they made a pitch for Bernier? Cause Bryzgalov is the worst starter in the NHL.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#24 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:08 PM

Who's spot will he take?
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#25 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:03 PM

While the Flyers were on the phone with LA, does anyone think they made a pitch for Bernier? Cause Bryzgalov is the worst starter in the NHL.

When we beat Pheonix in the playoffs right before Bryzgalov became a UFA, you could tell he just quit. His body language wreecked of it. It was so obvious he wasnt giving it his all. If I would have been looking to give him a crazy, super deal....I would have reconsidered immediately after seeing that. Pheonix is so much better off having let him go.

#26 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe in more recent years Holland & Co had traded away late 1st round draft picks for an additional 2nd and/or 3rd round pick.

Correct.

#27 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

Nobody rules these streets at night like me...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:12 AM

It doesn't seem that there is a lot of "turning over rocks" going on in the Red Wing offices. I'm not down with Simon, but when I heard the news, I thought, why don't we do something like that?" And NOT with a former Red Wing like Sammy.
I am a victim of the science age...the underground.

Feed the Swede! - RETIRED 2012

#28 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

Would rather have a Simon G than Samantha Sammy
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#29 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:17 AM

I cannot believe they got out from underneath one of their two awful signings.   Now if Kenny could do that to my four stooges on the team. I would be so happy.  

Oh wait, I forgot everyone seems to like the wreck less one who has cost us games and already draw retaliation elbows in multiple games.  

Side note, anyone who calls someone a girl or a girls name as a negative in this day of age is an idiot.  

"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#30 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:29 AM

I cannot believe they got out from underneath one of their two awful signings.   Now if Kenny could do that to my four stooges on the team. I would be so happy.  

Oh wait, I forgot everyone seems to like the wreck less one who has cost us games and already draw retaliation elbows in multiple games.  

Side note, anyone who calls someone a girl or a girls name as a negative in this day of age is an idiot.  

I know Toots isn't one of your four.... he wrecks shop

#31 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:20 AM

You know wrong.

I will never convince any of you, but your bloodlust blinds you to the danger he puts the team in. I hate him as a person and a player.  Though He isn't one of the three forwards that need to go for the young bodies to stay.  He is the next on my list to can though.   

#Tootoosucks

"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#32 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:04 AM

You know wrong.

I will never convince any of you, but your bloodlust blinds you to the danger he puts the team in. I hate him as a person and a player.  Though He isn't one of the three forwards that need to go for the young bodies to stay.  He is the next on my list to can though.   

#Tootoosucks

:eh:

#33 DSM

DSM

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:16 AM

You know wrong.

#Tootoosucks

Tootoo hate is funny. You hate him as a person? So you know him personally?

Must've been awful for you when the Wings won the cup in '08 with 3 tough guys on the team...

GTFO

Edited by DSM, 01 March 2013 - 10:17 AM.

#34 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:22 AM

Tootoo hate is funny. You hate him as a person? So you know him personally?

Must've been awful for you when the Wings won the cup in '08 with 3 tough guys on the team...

GTFO2008

I've said 1,000 plus times, and I'll say it again...I'd gladly take our Cup winning teams from '97, and '98 any day of the week over our 2008 team.

#35 DSM

DSM

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:31 AM

I've said 1,000 plus times, and I'll say it again...I'd gladly take our Cup winning teams from '97, and '98 any day of the week over our 2008 team.

Ok. No where did I say that it was better than those teams. I merely used it as an example of how tough guys can be effective.

Edited by DSM, 01 March 2013 - 10:33 AM.

#36 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:52 PM

Ok. No where did I say that it was better than those teams. I merely used it as an example of how tough guys can be effective.

Just my dos pesos ;)

My adding of the '97, and '98 Cup winning rosters exemplifies a wonderful combo of skill/toughness, and IMHO those teams would be playing for the Cup in todays game...And once again I'd take those rosters over the 2008 in a heartbeat!

#37 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:23 PM

I'm not quite sure how to fully get across to you just how little sense your post makes.

You know wrong.

#Tootoosucks

Oh, right, I get it now... you're the one who went ballistic on Twitter when he was signed.

Well, whatever. I disagree with you.

Edited by Crymson, 01 March 2013 - 02:24 PM.

• DSM likes this