• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2/27 GDT : Red Wings 1 at Kings 2

Rate this topic

3 instances of 5 on 3's lasting almost 2 full mins on each occurrence makes me wonder how the NHL can seriously think the state of the "game" is doing well? :glare:

Officials 75' away from the play calling penalties when the guy 15' away doesn't have his hand up...really?

Then they put the whistles away when the Kings get the lead? I thought the manufactured "drama" was supposed to go both ways?

Abdelkader and Cleary have a combined 8 points, playing 20 minutes a night with the best player in the world. Abdelkader has a single point, an assist. What are we thinking?!

Abdelkader has zero touch when it comes to putting a shot on net or getting his stick on loose pucks

The game was totally jobbed by the refs but this happens everywhere across the league in every game. Not much you can do about it other than bury a couple more of our chances and not let the refs decide the game. Tomorrow isn't going to be any easier either because San Jose will be looking for a win desperately.

It's funny we've had two lockouts in eight years and the product itself/officiating is worse now than ever. What exactly are the fans getting out of this league?

It's not about the fans anymore. It's about ratings and getting the casual/non-fan to watch by promoting the latest winners (Chicago, Pitt, LA etc), and the big TV market teams like NY, Philly and LA.

edit: As long as owners and the NHL are turning a profit they couldn't care less.

Edited by Phil Lesh

It's not about the fans anymore. It's about ratings and getting the casual/non-fan to watch by promoting the latest winners (Chicago, Pitt, LA etc), and the big TV market teams like NY, Philly and LA.

edit: As long as owners and the NHL are turning a profit they couldn't care less.

This. It's all focus-group, casual fan pandering. More powerplay, more goals, and whoever has the bigger TV market has a leg up.

Bad enough it's a late game, now I'm so irritated I can't get my ass to sleep.

Sadly, we all were calling it the entire 2nd and 3rd periods...LA was going to get the 'tv ratings' calls to make it a nail biter and hopefully OT.

And those jackoffs announcing were more of an embarrassment to the NHL than the zebras!

I have to admit I miss the days of the Wings - Avs rivalry when it was at its height...games had to be won by outworking your opponent for every inch of ice, not by being a big media market team on tv during a "nationally" televised game.

Hell, WWE is more convincing when it comes to tv "drama"

Refs suck. That isn't new. Missed calls, happens every game. Again it's nothing new.

Did it cost us the game? No. Should we have been on a pp? Sure, maybe. We also could have had a shorty scored against us. So skip the hypotheticals and deal with what the people who influence the game the most; the players.

Kronwall floating up, Emmerton leaving kopitar after taking down Ericsson.

Franzen virtually unsighted all night.

Pavel taking penalties on PKs, one an iffy call at best, the hook was fine. Busts his ass all game to provide scoring chances to have cleary and abdelkader do nothing with it.

Zetterberg and Brunner weren't great tonight I didn't think.

You can piss and moan about refs and penalties they called or didn't call point is the players lost this one, the refs didnt lose it for us.

Franzen's only move tonight: float, get the puck, turn your back to the play, backhand no-look dump to opposition, check your watch, sigh, head for the bench, repeat.

Refs suck. That isn't new. Missed calls, happens every game. Again it's nothing new.

Did it cost us the game? No. Should we have been on a pp? Sure, maybe. We also could have had a shorty scored against us. So skip the hypotheticals and deal with what the people who influence the game the most; the players.

Pavel taking penalties on PKs, one an iffy call at best, the hook was fine. Busts his ass all game to provide scoring chances to have cleary and abdelkader do nothing with it.

You can piss and moan about refs and penalties they called or didn't call point is the players lost this one, the refs didnt lose it for us.

Franzen was garbage, bogged down the line with Z and Brunner. Z was great all night, especially on PK. Brunner didn't get much ice because of penalties and the apparent need to get Abdelkader and Cleary 20 minutes each.

Franzen's only move tonight: float, get the puck, turn your back to the play, backhand no-look dump to opposition, check your watch, sigh, head for the bench, repeat.

Would trade him in a heartbeat for another Tootoo, i think the gentle giant would be more comfortable playing in a league overseas sponsored by charmin

Uh, wrong. While I can safely say I'm usually against using the refs as an excuse, to say they didnt cost us this game is ridiculous. They absolutely deflated our teams momentum, especially considering they wouldnt call squat against the kings. Hockey is just frustrating to watch these days. All these penalties just ruin the game.

Guest fat guy in a maltby jersey

uh, where was the high stick on cleary? the replay showed a shoulder-to-helmet hit.

Uh, wrong. While I can safely say I'm usually against using the refs as an excuse, to say they didnt cost us this game is ridiculous. They absolutely deflated our teams momentum, especially considering they wouldnt call squat against the kings. Hockey is just frustrating to watch these days. All these penalties just ruin the game.

I would say the monumental f*** ups leading to the kopitar goal cost us the game. I refuse to give the players a pass and say the refs cost us the game, didnt happen. We shot ourselves in the foot.

Was the officiating bad? Of course it was it has been all season.

uh, where was the high stick on cleary? the replay showed a shoulder-to-helmet hit.

ya i can see that not being called but the interference on Smith was a clear call that the refs passed on and the Wings got scored on not long after

i can see that interference not being called if the game had been pretty free flowing but the refs were giving the Kings 5on3's like no cover coupons outside of a new bar

Edited by Yak19

The refs gifted the kings 1 goal no doubt about it. The second one was a huge breakdown. Then all the missed calls afterwards. The hit on smith was completely blatant. I think the refs figured they were satisfied with this outcome they did there job. No worries about player safety or anything. The worst part is that the riffing will probably be worse in the playoffs

I would say the monumental f*** ups leading to the kopitar goal cost us the game. I refuse to give the players a pass and say the refs cost us the game, didnt happen. We shot ourselves in the foot.

Was the officiating bad? Of course it was it has been all season.

You're probably right, the officiating which you agree was terrible had less of an impact throughout the entire 2nd and 3rd periods than a single play that probably happened because hey, our momentum was ruined and the kings was boosted. I've watched every game, as I'm sure a bunch of others have, and I never once wanted to blame the refs. This one was obvious.

I'm definitely not the kind of person to blame the refs for a loss (I'll leave that up to the Canucks fans) but in this instance I'm gonna make an exception and say that officiating was a key factor in the Kings win. Beyond mad that this game was the difference between 4th and 10th in the standings.

And on a different but related topic, did anyone see LA's twitter account tonight. I'm all for the NHL social media accounts interacting and showing personality...unless that personality is a terrible, classless one.

Edited by Ally

Without the refs f*** ups Our players are not in the position to f*** up themselves.

Im not generally a ref basher and think players just need to play thru it BUT to play ur ass off and get beat down by the refs is deflating and honestly had we come out in top that would have been a remarkable win