• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2/27 GDT : Red Wings 1 at Kings 2

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Franzen's only move tonight: float, get the puck, turn your back to the play, backhand no-look dump to opposition, check your watch, sigh, head for the bench, repeat.

Franzen was garbage, bogged down the line with Z and Brunner.

Yep, because everyone knows that coming back onto the ice after weeks nursing a sore hip flexor is extremely easy.

The thing with bad reffing is that we have to have the fire to be bigger than it is. Where was the rage goal to tie it up and the f*** you goal to go ahead? Reffing definitely influenced the outcome of this game, but it wasn't unwinable at any point until that clock said 0.0. In my fantasy world, officiating will be held accountable. Unfortunately in the real world the only ones that can be held accountable are our players. Tough loss, and I thought they played well. It just wasn't enough.

The thing with bad reffing is that we have to have the fire to be bigger than it is. Where was the rage goal to tie it up and the f*** you goal to go ahead? Reffing definitely influenced the outcome of this game, but it wasn't unwinable at any point until that clock said 0.0. In my fantasy world, officiating will be held accountable. Unfortunately in the real world the only ones that can be held accountable are our players. Tough loss, and I thought they played well. It just wasn't enough.

While I agree, when you are given countless bad penalties, and the other team gets away with blatent penalties it takes a lot away from you, wears you down, especially after you beat an almost 2 minute 5 on 3, and then you have another one to kill for 1:38 without one of your best pk guys... and that hand on the puck call was so garbage, datsyuk fell over and the puck never even moved, even he was pissed about it

You could tell the wings were completely deflated after the 2nd goal... Good thing is we played a good winning game of hockey and that's all you can ask for. Gotta put the puck in the net though. Cleary is fine on the first line but Abdelkader needs to be moved. He has done nothing of value to that line

Well, I think its fair to say that this is the first game this season where the LGW massiv has come out and blamed the refs for the loss. And I think that in itself, tells you all you need to know.

You could tell the wings were completely deflated after the 2nd goal... Good thing is we played a good winning game of hockey and that's all you can ask for. Gotta put the puck in the net though. Cleary is fine on the first line but Abdelkader needs to be moved. He has done nothing of value to that line

Agreed. I keep hearing that Cleary and Abdelkader make space for Datsyuk and everything but really they're just dancing against the boards together not doing much, suddenly Datsyuk takes the puck and has no one to go to, or if he does no one who's about to bury it/make a good play. I like Abdelkader, but not there I don't. Second line isn't producing anything.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

this was not a badly officiated game.

penners hit was not a cheapshot it was just a lovetap saying "thank you for your stay in the LA Area". :)

if Number 87 was a Red Wing this game would be 10-2 easily . ;) ;)

Guest DeGraa55

Agreed. I keep hearing that Cleary and Abdelkader make space for Datsyuk and everything but really they're just dancing against the boards together not doing much, suddenly Datsyuk takes the puck and has no one to go to, or if he does no one who's about to bury it/make a good play. I like Abdelkader, but not there I don't. Second line isn't producing anything.

This is where our lack of top end talent on offense is hurting us. Either nyquist or Tatar should be on that line with ummmm idk I'd say Bert but well he is hurt maybe....ugh we don't have a good third. That's the problem.

Damn, just finished watching the game.

Had a bad feeling we would end up losing in regulation. When the 2nd 5-on-3 happened I could predict exactly what would happen. Sucks.

Good thing is that was a great game by the Wings. Best road effort so far, maybe best overall defensive effort apart from an unlucky breakdown on the 2nd goal. Sometimes you lose games where you deserve to win, but if we keep playing like that we'll be winning more games than not.

Our PP also looked very, very good and I'm pretty sure we would have scored had we gotten another chance or two. Which we probably should have gotten, there were atleast 2-3 easily called but missed penalties against the Kings in the 3rd.

Can't argue too much about the penalties that the Wings got called for though. The faceoff violation rule is horribly stupid, but blame the league for that.

Against the Sharks I'm going to be a little upset if Babcock doesn't move Franzen (or Brunner) to Datsyuk's line. Feels bad to continually watch the most skilled player in the league play with two of the least skilled..

ha not even a point.

5 on 3 were funny 3 of them in one game. not trying to give the kings the game are ya now

got to figure out how to get points in almost every game. wings are in 10th now

hopefully they saved their energy for tonight doubtfully

While I know he "scored"....Quincey comes back and we lose...surprise surprise.

Correlation =! causation.

He was solid on d and scored a goal. This was one of our better games this year, maybe that was because of Quincey?

With everything we know about concussions, and an ex NFL lawsuit filed, I can't believe the NHL still allows head shots. Yes those 5 on 3's were bad, but my thing is the non head shot calls. I guess someone has to end up in a wheelchair, killed, or an ex NHL Players lawsuit has to be file before they take head shots serious.

I can't stand how the refs make calls based on the score. A penalty is a penalty, it doesn't matter what part of the game it's in. That's why an NHL game turns into the UFC at the end, because the players know things won't get called at that point in the game.

I keep hearing people say MLB is old fashioned, the NHL is worse.

Edited by Barrie

Blaming the refs doesn't help, they are atrocious but all teams are going through that, it sucks is stupid but the re is nothing you can do about it. This team needs to find a way to get a nice win streak going, otherwise making the playoffs will be a huge dogfight till the end.

The game against the Sharks won't be any easier, luckily they aren't playing their best hockey right now.

With everything we know about concussions, and an ex NFL lawsuit filed, I can't believe the NHL still allows head shots. Yes those 5 on 3's were bad, but my thing is the non head shot calls. I guess someone has to end up in a wheelchair, killed, or an ex NHL Players lawsuit has to be file before they take head shots serious.

I can't stand how the refs make calls based on the score. A penalty is a penalty, it doesn't matter what part of the game it's in. That's why an NHL game turns into the UFC at the end, because the players know things won't get called at that point in the game.

I keep hearing people say MLB is old fashioned, the NHL is worse.

This is the thing that pisses me off more than anything, and it's likely the #1 reason why every team aside from the Hawks has a thread about not holding leads. When you are outplaying a team and should be killing them, the refs step in like they have a ******* mandate and it's hard to keep watching a lot of the time. Wings should have had a 5 on 3 in the last 10 minutes but instead the refs turned a blind eye and then called complete s*** against our boys. One of the worst officiated games i've ever watched.

Dats works his magic to get it across the blue line and dish it to one of his linemates only to watch them dump it in the corner. His talent is being wasted in the f***in corners. Meanwhile Tatar lamenting with muckers on his line too, to the point where he tries to do it all himself. Please Babcock, PUT TATAR ON DATSYUK'S LINE!!!

esteef

esteef

We've all been saying it. Maybe it's time to write a strongly worded letter to Mr. Babcock. Or perhaps give him a coffee so he wakes the f*** up.

This is the thing that pisses me off more than anything, and it's likely the #1 reason why every team aside from the Hawks has a thread about not holding leads. When you are outplaying a team and should be killing them, the refs step in like they have af****** mandate and it's hard to keep watching a lot of the time. Wings should have had a 5 on 3 in the last 10 minutes but instead the refs turned a blind eye and then called complete s*** against our boys. One of the worst officiated games i've ever watched.

We've all been saying it. Maybe it's time to write a strongly worded letter to Mr. Babcock. Or perhaps give him a coffee so he wakes the f*** up.

Send him a starbucks giftcard.

Watched the 2nd and 3rd periods this morning, and all I have to say is that the Wings couldn't capitalize on their power plays while the Kings were able to in the 3rd. ***** all you want about the reffing, but the Wings had their chances to score and couldn't bury them. The calls against the Wings in the 3rd were on the mark, but I see how some calls could have went the Wings way but didn't. The hit on Brendan Smith should have been penalized.

Its hard to win a game when you only score one goal.

This is the thing that pisses me off more than anything, and it's likely the #1 reason why every team aside from the Hawks has a thread about not holding leads. When you are outplaying a team and should be killing them, the refs step in like they have af****** mandate and it's hard to keep watching a lot of the time. Wings should have had a 5 on 3 in the last 10 minutes but instead the refs turned a blind eye and then called complete s*** against our boys. One of the worst officiated games i've ever watched.

Yup, and the Wings were outplaying them but there is this thing in hockey called bounces and a hot goalie. The Wings only scored one goal. I suppose the refs should step in and give the Wings automatic goals because they were outplaying the Kings after all. Sometimes, in a one game playoff, the team that is outplayed can pull out a win. That is what happened here.

Wings went 0-3 on the power play while the Kings went 1-5. I don't see a huge disparity there.

Yep, because everyone knows that coming back onto the ice after weeks nursing a sore hip flexor is extremely easy.

You make a valid point, except for one problem, there was no effort and that is nothing new. The guy looked like his usual disinterested self out there, and the plays he made over and over again (which I called out) were not the result of being rusty or not being up to speed, or not being at 100% physically, they were just laziness. I didn't expect him to light the world on fire by any means, and in a way, it should have been completely expected since that has been his game the past few seasons, injury or no. Every other player when returning to the lineup can at least show some effort, at least the amount required to make a play when you have the time and opportunity; its not like we're talking about a hobbled Yzerman struggling to do what his body is unable to do, we're talking about the basic effort any player could and should put forth in every game. If he was really so injured that he could barely skate or even look to pass before dumping and changing mid-shift then he shouldn't have been on the ice. That wasn't the case.

The fact remains: 1) he made lazy, sloppy plays all night, and 2) injury or no, Franzen and the string of penalties are what threw off the Z-Brunner combo last night (which is what my post was responding to).