• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#41 Wings_Dynasty

Wings_Dynasty

The Greatest Ever

• HoF Booster
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:37 PM

No problem with that play, in any aspect. Would most likely have been a clean hit and a little late, but ducking out of the way if you have a chance is a natural and understood reaction.

Ed is an idiot for pretty much saying, "Take a chance and get hurt yourself instead of possibly letting the person trying to hurt you get hurt."

HTBanner400x100.jpg

#42 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:08 PM

I can't stand that moron.  I refer to him as "Eddie the Oaf".  He shouldn't be allowed to do any broadcasts on national TV when the Blackhawks are playing.  I see it as a conflict of interest or any other announcer for that fact in which the team they usually broadcast is playing.

#43 MotorCityMadness

MotorCityMadness

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,580 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

I wonder what he would say if Kane or Toews did the same thing Yakupov did? 

HEY HEY HOCKEYTOWN!

#44 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

No problem with that play, in any aspect. Would most likely have been a clean hit and a little late, but ducking out of the way if you have a chance is a natural and understood reaction.

Ed is an idiot for pretty much saying, "Take a chance and get hurt yourself instead of possibly letting the person trying to hurt you get hurt."

that part is stupid but if you are delivering a clean hit and unless you are coming in with a huge amount of force the person getting checked should always just take it.

"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#45 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:08 PM

What Ed should have said was: "Carcillo should be more careful when throwing a body check, he needs to pick his spots and pick them well because he has to know if someone sees him coming, they are going to try to get out of the way, which could result in Carcillo flying over Nail's shoulder and smacking his head or hurting his neck. And that's what could have happened here...."

The straw that broke it for me is when he said that Yakapov should get a penalty for ducking out of the way....what an idiot.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#46 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,226 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

Watch this, young hockey players. This is the best way to avoid a check.

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#47 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:53 PM

Watch this, young hockey players. This is the best way to avoid a check.

I think the quote should have been along the lines of "Listen kids, this is the best way to be a ****** baggy homer announcer" followed with something about subtle interference & active sticks.

#48 thegerkin

thegerkin

Statue of Liberty!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:10 PM

Bring back Gary Thorne and Bill "Hands of Cement" Clemente!!!

#49 Redwings 1926

Redwings 1926

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:27 PM

I'd like to see what he would do in that situation. I have a hard time believing that he would just stand there and allow himself to get creamed out of concern for the other guy's safety. Give me a break!! The only thing going through someone's mind in that situation is protecting themselves, and rightfully so. 

He sounds like just another homer who's feeling butthurt because someone on his team wasn't able to land the big hit. 

Seriously, saying the guy on the Oilers should be penalized for ducking to avoid a hit is like saying a guy who ducks to avoid a punch to the face in a bar fight should be arrested. Just think. The poor guy throwing the punch could throw out his shoulder, hit a solid object and break a few bones, or hit an innocent bystander. Oh my gawl!! 

I'm sure he wouldn't be saying that they should be penalized. 

#50 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:35 PM

Edzo, you should defend yourself, do you know how many people you could've hurt by falling down and not fighting Probie?

Probert fighting Olczyk is about the equivalent of Carcillo charging at Yakapov...Edzo the idiot.

edit: Don't know why the video doesn't show in the post, I used the link button...sorry...

Edited by LeftWinger, 27 February 2013 - 09:38 PM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#51 Serratoni

Serratoni

Rookie

• Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:11 PM

Olczyk is an idiot but he is right here, just take the hit, I had a shoulder injury once when a guy ducked one of my hits. It was a cheaper play than the hit I would have delivered.

"Guy is gonna clock me unless I duck/move/get outta the way. But if I do move, he might get hurt. Guess I better take my medicine for his sake."

Absurd.

You try to hit someone, you take the risk of them getting out of the way.

#52 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:21 PM

Olczyk's beef was that Yakupov's actions risked an injury to one of his beloved Blackhawks.

#53 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:59 PM

What a turd burglar. He knows damn well the person delivering the hit owns all the risk/reward in that scenario. I can't roll my eyes at him enough.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#54 hardcoretom21

hardcoretom21

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:03 AM

I have to agree with him on this one (wow I just threw up in my mouth a little bit)... The fact is you can really get injured or injure the other player like that. He just crumbled onto the ice, while Yzerman at least stayed on his skates!
Only breathing is more important than winning

"For most of a decade, the Wings were the most popular team not just because they won, but also because they won with flair, with speedy Russians and legendary leaders and the occasional willing fighter"

#55 jthiel86

jthiel86

Rookie

• Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:12 AM

I enjoy Emrick also.  His enthusiasm is great, especially for people who are new to the game and don't know when something amazing happens if you know what I mean.  Sometimes it's the small things that are amazing in sports, and Emrick does a good job of making things exciting.  Not a fan of the rest of that crew.  They love their East Coast teams that's for sure.

#56 akustyk

akustyk

how painful is painful?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:25 AM

Olczyk is a Hawks-homer, and known for being a poor commentator. not to mention his, more than blatant, anti-Wings bias, but that doesn't matter in case of Yakupov here...

as for Yakupov ducking out... good for him. suck it up Carcillo, that's the risk you take when taking runs at the boards.

#57 Xitium

Xitium

Super Lurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:47 AM

Edzo.. ugh.

The same exact play happens... If it is a Wings player "subtle interference". If its a Hawks player "great little screen play."

If you start a new thread within two hours after a Wings game, specifically a loss, YOU ARE WRONG.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#58 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:08 AM

Carcillo was schooled by a mere rookie? That's gotta hurt.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#59 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,566 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:42 AM

Should've got his elbows up to protect himself, and in the process knock a few more teeth outta Carillo's skull.

"Eddie O" is a moron; typical for Chicago.

'Evolution' created by Offsides