• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DatsyukianDekes

Milbury rips Ovechkin

Rate this topic

I will be the first to say I hate Milbury. After watching the video it's an absolute embarrassment that Caps call him a captain, especially on that shift where the puck was in the offensive zone they scored on and he went for a line change.

Edited by darkmanx

Guest Crymson

Milbury says some dumb stuff, but I best remember him as the only guy on the NBC roster who is willing to criticize Crosby.

Mike Milbury...from Colgate University!

Sometimes he gets on my nerves but Jonesy is worse by far.

That being said, Ovechkin has always seemed like a selfish player to me. I guess now with the Caps playing so poorly it stands out even more.

Edited by Phil Lesh

Milbury is a dork. That's a pretty embarrassing game for Ovie. I wonder what made him fall so far, so fast? I don't understand how a guy who was arguably best in the world for years suddenly drops off the face of the earth. He must have some serious personal problems.

I don't know how much he makes, but for a little less (if his contract is up soon) I'd take him. I bet he'd shine in a secondary role. And a change of scenery. Relocation doesn't always work (or even most of the time) but I feel like that type of player, with that kind of talent would thrive in a new setting. And he does have heart, something really erratic is going on with him the past year or two.

Milbury is a dork. That's a pretty embarrassing game for Ovie. I wonder what made him fall so far, so fast? I don't understand how a guy who was arguably best in the world for years suddenly drops off the face of the earth. He must have some serious personal problems.

I don't know how much he makes, but for a little less (if his contract is up soon) I'd take him. I bet he'd shine in a secondary role. And a change of scenery. Relocation doesn't always work (or even most of the time) but I feel like that type of player, with that kind of talent would thrive in a new setting. And he does have heart, something really erratic is going on with him the past year or two.

It doesn't help that Backstrom is a POS this year. We should try and make a trade to get Troy Brouwer out of there.

I've never seen anything as ridiculous as Ovechkin's reaction to being tapped in the head. He falls to his knees, looks up at the rafters with his arms outstretched, glides forward 20 feet before collapsing into a pile. Amazing!

I've never seen anything as ridiculous as Ovechkin's reaction to being tapped in the head. He falls to his knees, looks up at the rafters with his arms outstretched, glides forward 20 feet before collapsing into a pile. Amazing!

Oates should strip him of the C for that move alone. Or Ovie should quit hockey & switch to soccer where moves like that belong.

Edited by ogreslayer

Guest The Axe

Steroids/No Steroids. So obvious.

Those kind of theatrics only work for Crosby.

Not saying Ovechkin was this bad before, but he's had some dumb moments, but people over looked it because he put up 60+. If you actually watched the games back in his prime he floated, only skated hard on the forecheck for a hit, or with the puck. I guess people all of a sudden aren't giving him the benefit because he's not racking up points. But really this is nothing new for him, he's never been a strong back checker, he's never been a clean hockey player, he's never been a hustler every shift, it's just who he is. He's a electric sniper, with all the tools in the world, but he is miserable at the little things like positioning, battling along boards, vision on the ice etc. Things that separate an amazing talent, with the likes of Crosby/Datsyuk

Steroids/No Steroids. So obvious.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised. Steroids are very common, and hockey as a whole is pretty lenient outside of Olympics. I hate accusing players without evidence, but it wouldn't be surprising, there are a ton of steroids in the NHL.

Edited by Carman

Guest DeGraa55

ovie is my favorite player. But this is a joke. He is/was the best offensive player in hockey he wasn't good at defense. But that was when he tried....I don't care if your team is horrible lack of effort is inexcusable for anybody.

One of my favorite quotes from him was about sindey crybaby. He said he would be all right if he would shut the **** up and play hockey....needless to say his dive was crosby-like. Makes me sad ;(

Long term contract / no motivation / lost his "edge" / becoming soft.

I said a long time ago, I am going to curse the coach that makes him change his game and backcheck. A guy like this was a wild stallion, a scoring machine who loves to score. Let him do it.

Milbury says some dumb stuff, but I best remember him as the only guy on the NBC roster who is willing to criticize Crosby.

But then you also must remember that he was forced to apologize for his criticism in near-record time.