• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DatsyukianDekes

Milbury rips Ovechkin

Rate this topic

I've said it before, I'll say it again, Ovie needs to be traded. To me, this looks a lot like Patrick Roy in his final days in Montreal. He was great for awhile, then he started to decline, everyone said he was washed up and a change of scenery really helped put his career back on track. I think the same would happen to Ovie. Trade him to a Western Conference team and watch him re-ignite. The question is who can and is willing to absorb that huge contract with him playing this badly. He's a $9.5 mil cap hit per year till 2021. That's a lot of money for one player in a salary cap league and for him to not be playing like an MVP, he'll be tough to move.

Guest Johnz96

he def fell off from what he use to be

Everybody on the Caps fell off from what they used to be after they stopped playing a run and gun style.

Alexei Yashin? Is that you?

I bet Ovechkin is just fooling everyone. That way he can get bought out by the Caps, and get a nice lofty paycheck from Washington for several years while making $10mil+ tax free in the KHL. Must be nice to work a job where you can make millions of dollars even after you get fired...

Ovechkin has 8 more years on his contract at $9.5 mill a year. At that price a buyout or trade seems unlikely, at least for Detroit (hopefully).

If he takes nights off like this now, imagine how he'll be in 5 years. I've criticized Franzen for lack of effort, but I've never seen him do anything close to that.

I honestly think that if you made a Top 10 of the NHL's most ridiculous dives, Ovechkin's embellishment on that hit would be high on the list. It was that embarrassing.

I always thought that his performance would taper off with age, since nobody can play with that kind of physical reckless abandon for an entire career, but he's already a shadow of his former self. I hope that he can become that dynamic player again because I'd much rather watch him flying into the offensive zone like a train off its rails than to see the wreckage that he is right now.

I honestly think that if you made a Top 10 of the NHL's most ridiculous dives, Ovechkin's embellishment on that hit would be high on the list. It was that embarrassing.

I always thought that his performance would taper off with age, since nobody can play with that kind of physical reckless abandon for an entire career, but he's already a shadow of his former self. I hope that he can become that dynamic player again because I'd much rather watch him flying into the offensive zone like a train off its rails than to see the wreckage that he is right now.

I actually think the one where he gets hit near centre ice in the playoffs and falls down holding his face was worse (there was no contact anywhere near his head).

Luongo & Raymond for Ovechkin. Put him on the Sedin line and watch history be made...for a season or two anyway.

Edit: And in Vancouver, his diving won't stand out as much.

Edited by T.Low

Guest Playmaker

Steroids/No Steroids. So obvious.

I'm more inclined to think it's hot Russian tennis player fiance who may be distracting him.

Guest Johnz96

ovie is my favorite player. But this is a joke. He is/was the best offensive player in hockey he wasn't good at defense. But that was when he tried....I don't care if your team is horrible lack of effort is inexcusable for anybody.

One of my favorite quotes from him was about sindey crybaby. He said he would be all right if he would shut the **** up and play hockey....needless to say his dive was crosby-like. Makes me sad ;(

It works for the Sid the Kid and the Penguins. Every player should start pulling off antics like that until they start calling it on everybody.

I don't blame the players but the league for allowing it. It is an unfair advantage for the players doing it and getting away with it

Edited by Johnz96

Guest Johnz96

he def fell off from what he use to be

He really didn't fall off, he is playing on a team that is more defensive now. Playing more defensively will lead to less scoring, less scoring isn't as much for fun Ovie and he is at his best when he is loving it. Less scoring will also lead to less confidence scoring.

That being said, with 5 goals in his last 2 games he is currently tied for the league lead in goals.

I would love to see him on the Wings.

Guest Johnz96

Another one for Ovie tonight, very nice. This is what a shooter can do for you. Guy is unreal.

It was so funny reading people's analysis of why he sucks now from a couple of weeks ago (I was trying to find that thread but coudn't).

He leads the league in goals now all by himself

It was so funny reading people's analysis of why he sucks now from a couple of weeks ago (I was trying to find that thread but coudn't).

He leads the league in goals now all by himself

Stamkos got 1 tonight too. Tied at 26. Gonna be exciting down the wire for the next 9 games.

They might be giving another one to Ovie. He was screening the goalie and it looked like he tipped it but they gave it to the defenseman initially. Announcers called it for Ovechkin and thought it would probably be reviewed.

Guest Johnz96

Credit to Ovie for turning it around. This is good for the league, I say. Crosby needs a rival!

Turn it around? I pointed out in that thread where people expressing their opinions on why he sucks now that he was still on a 40 goal pace over 82 games at the time and that the Capitals play a different style now compared to when he was scoring 60 goals+ a season. He has scored more goals than any Wing every season.

He really didn't just fall off, he is playing on a team that is more defensive now. Playing more defensively will lead to less scoring, less scoring isn't as much for fun Ovie and he is at his best when he is loving it. Less scoring will also lead to less confidence scoring.

And as far as the diving is concerned, I don't blame the players but the league for not enforcing it. It is an unfair advantage for the players doing it and getting away with it. If Datsyuk and Zetterberg were to take advantage of this we probably would have a few more wins although I am glad that they don't.