• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2/28 GDT : Red Wings 2 at San Jose Sharks 1 (SO)

Rate this topic

Here's an idea, how about the PLAYERS decide the game tonight and not the refs? I'd like that.

Gonna be watching Stuart and missing him terribly.

Datsyuk cries being stuck with Abby and Cleary again.

This right here...

I cry as well, Pasha. You deserve better.

lol your first prediction is already wrong, remember Brunner winning us the first only shootout we've been in?

oh ya forgot, 0-1 on the season as long as they win it is alright though

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

wings lose 4-2

jumpin joe thornton , vlasic pickles, pavelski the plummer , and susan boyle will score for the Sharks

datsick and Henrik "Z" Great for the D

My prediction:

Sharks jump to an early 2 goal lead. Wings get one back on them. Sharks grab a third. In the third period Wings start the comeback tease and tie the game only to lose from a softy within the last three minutes of regulation or the first two minutes of OT.

Goals by Thornton, Pavelski (2) and Stuart for the Sharks.

Brunner Tootoo and Kronwall for the Wings

Just don't have a good feeling about this one after last night.

Unbelievable that Datsyuk is stuck with 4th liners. Abby and Cleary are so insanely ineffective in scoring roles it's maddening to watch. I can't believe Babs won't even put AT LEAST Franzen or Tatar somewhere on that line. Pavel is amazing, and can do almost everything by himself, but it makes it a lottttt easier to have someone halfway competent on a line with him, and at this point I would rather ANY two forwards on the team (hell most Dmen too) be on Datsyuk's line over 8 and 11.

Big win needed, get it done boys.

Yesterday I accidentally touched my unlucky shirt when I was getting dressed for work. I did text one friend to tell another friend to post the Counteractive Image in a chatbox that I frequent, but it seems that since I had left for work, it was not only fruitless, but totally devoid of produce of any kind.

Tonight the unlucky shirt is safely away, and this shall not happen. The refs will neither blow nor intend to unless there is a valid reason.

We shall be victorious.

Personally, I'm bothered by that second line as well. I can't wait to get Sammy and Bert back.

Pasha steals the puck, dangles and dekes, throws it to Sammy.

Sammy onetimes high and to the right.

Bert glares everyone else away from the puck, goes in the corner, fights for it, loses a couple more teeth.

Pasha steals the puck back. Lather, rinse, repeat.

No one scores against that line. We kill the clock, maybe pot a goal or two if Sammy tweaks something whilst shooting, and hold the lead.

Real good article just came out about Brad Stuart facing Detroit tonight and his return to home: http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/02/former_red_wings_defenseman_br_1.html

“My kids have gotten used to having me around, which they weren’t at one point, which is kind of sad, because I’d come in and they’d expect that you were going to leave,'' Stuart said. “Now they expect me to be home all of the time, which is great. They are at an age where they probably don’t even remember a lot of those times, which is good. Now it’s the way it should be. Being home as much as possible and not having to jump through hoops to see my family has been awesome.''

When Babcock saw Stuart's boys running around the dressing room in Phoenix last season, and then watched as they joined their dad on the ice after a practice in San Jose, he realized this move not only was inevitable but necessary.

Stuart said playing against his former teammates Thursday would be “weird,'' but added that it probably will be tougher when he returns to Detroit on April 11. He still keeps in touch with the likes of Niklas Kronwall, his former defense partner, as well as Henrik Zetterberg and Jonathan Ericsson, among others.

“The lockout sucked, but from a family perspective it was what I needed, given what I had gone through over the last 3-4 years,'' Stuart said. “Being able to be a dad, to take my kids to hockey and soccer, to be there every single time has been awesome.

“I probably couldn't have drew it up any better. I'm happy, my family's happy, and that's the most important thing to me.''

Tonight is an uncharacteristic big win against sj for the Wings. The tail end of a late, hard fought, 1st game loss against the defending Stanley Cup champs and the officials. Physical weariness will take a back seat to mental pissedoffedness. Wings 5, Stewie's new team 2.

I seriously hope they win tonight....

on another hand, I really wish I would log in here one of these days and see a thread "Red Wings Deal..........To...........for........"

I am ready....

You are ready? I am chomping at the bit! C'mon Kenny!!! Or else, "OMG, they killed Kenny!"